Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alpha complex in shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FuelDrop
I've had an idea which I'd like to share. Is it just me, or are most of my threads started with something like that? I should try and come up with something original next time.

This is a run idea: The PCs are hired by a corporate Johnson to investigate a facility thought lost during the crash 2.0, an agent-run biosphere known as Alpha Complex. The exact mission could be anything from simple recon to a search and rescue to data retrieval, it doesn't really matter. What matters is that since the crash the agent program has become a full AI known as 'friend computer', and when the runners enter the complex friend computer will immediately identify them as Mutant Commie Traitors and start sending troubleshooters and robots to deal with them. this is ironic, as to the best of my knowledge there are very few communist shadowrunners.

Unfortunately, I've never actually played Paranoia so I don't know what kind of things to throw into the run to make it more entertaining... help, please!
The_Dood
Check out the Renraku Arcology Shutdown. It's the campaign event that covers everything you just described.
Andrew
Everyone should wear single colour jumpsuits With the closer to UV in the spectrum being more important.
Scubots, mobile robotic janitors which wait until your back is turned and then clean you, with wire brushes
Magic would be illegal only commy mutant traitors have magic (mutations), almost everyone should have it but keep it secret
Vulture Squadron, the elite troops of Alpha complex BIG guns, small brains
Random backstabbing
Experimental devices which are useless or deadly to the user or both
Epicedion
QUOTE (The_Dood @ Nov 11 2012, 12:58 AM) *
Check out the Renraku Arcology Shutdown. It's the campaign event that covers everything you just described.

Also known as the most horrifying thing you can do to a runner team.
CanRay
Don't get me started...
Neko Asakami
(I hope this isn't breaking any rules, pimping another game.)

Fiasco has an official Paranoia Playset (called Alpha Complex) that you can download for free and use as a good "how-to guide" of a sorts for getting the feel of Paranoia. Give it a quick look through here. While you're at it, take a look at Fiasco itself. Funnest non-Shadowrun game I've played in forever.
Notsoevildm
All metas are obviously commie mutant traitors
All mages/adepts are obviously commie mutant traitors
All cybered characters are .... you get the idea

Note that most alpha complex inhabitants are also commie mutant traitors (I seem to remember that at character generation you rolled for a mutation and membership of a secret group)

Occasonally a piece of equipment would actually be useful but would still usually be deadly to the user (think major gremlins quality in everything).
mister__joshua
My group has played Paranoia a few times. We played very much the 'shoot on sight' style. I don't think it would take them long to figure it out and once they did all hell would break loose.

Side note: I bought Fiasco also. It looks and reads ace. Not had chance to try it out yet but can't wait!
Sengir
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 12 2012, 02:47 PM) *
Note that most alpha complex inhabitants are also commie mutant traitors (I seem to remember that at character generation you rolled for a mutation and membership of a secret group)

Yep, the basic credo of Paranoia is that everybody wants to backstab everybody. Except for friend computer, he's just completely disconnected from reality...which might result in the same thing, or maybe you just get a pogo stick as mission equipment (bring it back intact, damaging equipment is treason. Or better, find a fall guy).
Irion
QUOTE (Epicedion @ Nov 11 2012, 07:37 PM) *

Well, at least with the nanotech in the books you couldsurvive now some of the shit in this horrible book.

So you just need to bring a folder of characters not an entire cabinet.
TeknoDragon
QUOTE (Irion @ Nov 12 2012, 02:48 PM) *
Well, at least with the nanotech in the books you couldsurvive now some of the shit in this horrible book.

So you just need to bring a folder of characters not an entire cabinet.

You are not cleared for this information.

Please report for cloning and incineration. wink.gif
Sengir
QUOTE (TeknoDragon @ Nov 28 2012, 09:32 AM) *
You are not cleared for this information.

*Zaps TeknoDragon*

Yes friend computer, he clearly was a traitor. How else should he have known so much about security clearances? Oh, and he is also the reason why we cannot bring back any of the valuable equipment you so thoughtfully provided us with, damn commie traitors...
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (Epicedion @ Nov 11 2012, 06:37 PM) *

Why when we did it we used everything we had to recreate the opening scene of The Warriors. Can you dig it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012