Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun 2071 + Adventures continuity
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Garou
I was trying to sort things out on my iPad and i got confused. What happened exactly in what year...

2070 - Emergence
Shadowrun Seattle Missions (Before or after Emergence?)
2070 - 2071 - Ghost Cartels.
New York missions?

And so on so on. Anyone can help me to stabilish a chronological continuity of books? I am hoping to run a campagin that starts right out of the Dawn of the Artifacts series and i wanted to know what happened in 2072 an 2073. A timeline for suplements would be helpful. Anyone has this? if yes, my Search Fu failed me. Bad.

SpellBinder
From dates that I've gathered, the Denver missions are early 2071 (Mission 04 has dates in April in the player supplement), New York's late 2071 to 2072 (and the 2072 Winter Olympics back in Denver during this), then Dawn Of The Artifacts, Seattle's 2073 from mission 01, and if you're doing Artifacts Unbound that's somewhere in the middle of the Seattle missions (after SRM04-07, at least). I haven't read Ghost Cartels in any detail, so I don't know where they'd fit in.
Halinn
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Nov 18 2012, 03:41 AM) *
(and the 2072 Winter Olympics back in Denver during this)

I'm curious. When does SR timeline change the 2 year offset between summer and winter olympics? It obviously did, but it'd be interesting to know when it actually happened.
SpellBinder
Considering Shadowrun was created before the switch in 1994, I figure that in the Shadowrun history it never actually happened.
Halinn
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Nov 18 2012, 10:07 AM) *
Considering Shadowrun was created before the switch in 1994, I figure that in the Shadowrun history it never actually happened.

Lillehammer was awarded the 1994 Winter Olympics in 1988 (and the decision to separate them happened in '86), which, if I remember things correctly, is before SR history is supposed to have diverged.
Nath
Spy Games, page 23
Calcutta would have been the host of the 2070 Summer Olympics, but in the aftermath of the Crash it became clear that Calcutta would not be able to fulfill its role. This led to a quandary, as the lead-time required to prepare the facilities needed in a host city makes it difficult to change hosts on relatively short notice. It was at that point that Denver stepped in and made the proposal of hosting not only the Winter but also the Summer Olympics, which would require only a mild expansion of their building program, since in the months between the Winter and Summer Olympics various facilities could be repurposed for other sports. After behind-the-scenes politicking, several exchanges of bribes, and various runs staged by the parties involved, Denver won the right to host both the Winter and Summer Olympics in 2072.
Halinn
Then I wonder when the offset was changed around (currently, the Summer Olympics are on years evenly divisible by 4). The plot thickens.
Nath
Shadowbeat, page 63
THE OLYMPICS
The Olympics sort of fell apart from 2032 to 2040, what with little distraction like the Crash of '29, the collapse of the U.S., and the EuroWar. The Games were revived officially in 2044, even though several different sets of Olympics were held during the disorganized period. Heck, in 2034 there were three Games, in Beijing, Buenos Aires, and Johannesburg. [...] Rhythm gymnastics, synchronized swimming, and yachting were cut from the Summer Games and replaced by kendo (added for the 2056 Tokyo Games, so this is still up in the air), karate/tae kwon do, jai alai, and lacrosse.

The Tokyo Hassle
Japan, after it won the bid for the '56 Games, announced that in keeping with the Yamato ideal, metas would not be permitted to compete with normals in Tokyo, but would be scheduled in special "exhibition" contests. The two elven nations, Tir Tairngire and the Shidhe Dominion in Ireland, are in a meltdown, and have damn near buried the U.N. in resolutions. Pro-meta policlubs and organizations are pressuring their governments to boycott the Games if Japan doesn't back down. The IOC has stmly waved its hands at Japan, and even threatened to form a subcommittee to study the matter intensely. The Japanese are obviously shaking their tabi. Japanese corps are slotting Ghost-only-knows how many nuyen into IOC funding and the Olympic bigwigs are scared drekless of losing the money pipeline. It's anyone's guess how things are gonna turn out.
Shadows of Asia, page 78
2056: The Olympic games are held in Tokyo. Due to the Yamato Ideal, metahumans are not allowed to compete with humans. 60% of the nations invited refuse to attend. In response, the IOC cancels the 2060 Olympics.
So after cancelling the 2060 Olympics, the IOC may have reinstalled them in 2066 or 2070.
Nath
By the way, to answer the original question :

http://www.mattdroz.com/PDF/SR_Publish.pdf
http://nmath.free.fr/onyx/en/notes/line.html
Bearclaw
The Horizon adventures aren't in those lists.
Wakshaani
QUOTE (Nath @ Nov 18 2012, 04:54 PM) *

You might want to slip Dirty Tricks in there as well. (Mind you, it spans a few months, so that might make it tricky.)
hermit
Well, all books come with a date printed in the Jackpoint login ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012