Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reaction Test
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Buddha72
Ok there's the skinny. I have some confusion around the reaction test round for surprise in SR. The games I have been in have always played no combat pool availible but the BBB on pg. 109 just says characters who are surprised cannot use combat pool to defend against opponents who had a better result on the test (ie beat them), that's a rough paraphrasing. So my question is which is it? Any help?
Kagetenshi
You can't use any combat pool for the surprise test itself (unless you have something funky going on, like a Tactical Computer). That being said, after the surprise test (during the surprise "round") you can't use combat pool to defend against anyone who beat ("surprised") you.

~J
A Clockwork Lime
Right. Combat Pool can only be used for actions made against opponents who didn't surprise you. For all other purposes of Surprise, it's not available. Unless you have something like Combat Sense.
Nikoli
Sad for Moira
Buddha72
LOL
Arethusa
Eh?
Nikoli
Read the Extassis thread in Welcome to the Shadows
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012