Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dodge RAM Truck
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mister__joshua
Hi

In a mission my character recently acquired what the GM described as a large american pickup, a Dodge RAM or equivalent. I've been looking through the books and I can't find anything that represents this (really rather common) american vehicle. The only pickup is the GAZ which is crap and cheap. Luxury trucks are quite big over there are they not? I'd imagine someone has had to stat up something like this before. What did you do?

Cheers
NiL_FisK_Urd
The Dodge Ram is in "SOTA 2073", on p. 27
mister__joshua
QUOTE (NiL_FisK_Urd @ Nov 22 2012, 04:46 PM) *
The Dodge Ram is in "SOTA 2073", on p. 27

Yeah, I looked at that but that's a dumper truck, and stat-wise not what I imagine the pickup would be like
Mantis
Toyota Gopher from SR4A is what you are thinking of. 35,000¥. Change the name and drop in Off Road Suspension if you want a 4x4. According to it's fluff it should have that as a standard mod anyway but Arsenal doesn't list it.
NiL_FisK_Urd
Because the Toyota Gopher was added in SR4A, which is newer than Arsenal.
Mantis
QUOTE (NiL_FisK_Urd @ Nov 22 2012, 10:34 AM) *
Because the Toyota Gopher was added in SR4A, which is newer than Arsenal.

Well they should have updated the list of the vehicles from SR4A that have mods built in when they updated Arsenal.
Misdemeanor
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Nov 22 2012, 09:23 AM) *
Hi

In a mission my character recently acquired what the GM described as a large american pickup, a Dodge RAM or equivalent. I've been looking through the books and I can't find anything that represents this (really rather common) american vehicle. The only pickup is the GAZ which is crap and cheap. Luxury trucks are quite big over there are they not? I'd imagine someone has had to stat up something like this before. What did you do?

Cheers

there are also several "Obsolete" vehiclesin the new Black books
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Mantis @ Nov 22 2012, 06:33 PM) *
Toyota Gopher from SR4A is what you are thinking of. 35,000¥. Change the name and drop in Off Road Suspension if you want a 4x4. According to it's fluff it should have that as a standard mod anyway but Arsenal doesn't list it.

Aha! Cheers for that. Wondered how I missed it, then checked and realised that inexplicably its not in the Compiled Tables book from the runners toolkit that I use for this sort of thing. Don't know why, all the others seem to be in there. Ah well, thanks smile.gif
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Mantis @ Nov 22 2012, 01:37 PM) *
Well they should have updated the list of the vehicles from SR4A that have mods built in when they updated Arsenal.

They downdated Arsenal though.

-k
Seriously Mike
Something from my notes:
Lincoln Compensator: SUV, Handling: 0, Acc: 15/30, Max Speed: 120 (144 km/h), Pilot: 2, Body: 15, Armor: 10, Sensor: 2, Stock Mods: Amenities (High), Off-Road Suspension, Availability: 8, Price: 28000
Based on a Rover 2068 SUV, a little tougher, but accelerates slower. Also, when you look at it, it's a faster, meaner GMC Bulldog stat-wise.
ShadowDragon8685
I take it "Compensator" is an (un)affectionate nickname on the streets?
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Nov 23 2012, 04:41 PM) *
I take it "Compensator" is an (un)affectionate nickname on the streets?

To save time inventing model names, I pulled vehicle name lists from Saints' Row and GTA series. The Compensator is a big-ass SUV/pick-up in Saints' Row 2 and 3, and the Lincoln badge serves as a reference to the real-life Lincoln Navigator. Navigator, Compensator, what's the difference.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...t&p=1159573 - here's some discussion on the topic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012