Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Bay Area and Metahumans
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TheSpoonyBard
I have been wanting to do a San Fran adventure for some time now, and yesterday I came up with a possible story. I come to you asking for corrections, advancements, or just general info that would help.

I was thinking starting with the runners starting off somewhere outside of SF and possibly the CFS, and being contacted by a Johnson asking for an extraction of a Japanese offical who has been kidnapped by the Underground Movement, or so he says.

The back story was going on the idea that this Johnson had plans with the kidnappers orignally, but screwed up and is now pinning the kidnapping on the Underground. The mission is straight forward for the runners, but gets them caught up in the Japanese conflict. I don't think it matters if the kidnappers are Underground are not.

A week or so later the runners get a call requesting a meeting for a "multiple run contract." The Johnson they meet is working for the underground, and wants to hire the runners to do multiple missions against the Japanese in SF. The Johnson gives background on the conflict and what their goal is. The runners are given was into SF as well as living places.

Now, what the runners don't know is that the Underground is being run by some entity that wants to create a big enough distraction to be able to incite all of the Trolls and orcs in the Bay Area.

I was wondering who could benefit from a riot devastating San Fransico and the Japanese stationed there. Also, any other info or ideas for runs that could attach to this would be appreciated.
Dax
The main problem I see with the adventure is this concept of the Underground being run by some kinda uber force. I think it's been covered in Cannon that the various SF resistance groups are pretty independant, not trusting any Corp or such to bail them outta their situation.

Unless your refferring to some kinda underground organization you've created for the adventure itself?
TheSpoonyBard
Well, I was looking over the timeline, and was wondering also what year to place it in. Any ideas?

Also, I wasn't thinking that any higher order was running the resistance, but rather some sort of influence on them by implanted agents. Or it could be a corp with people inside the city pretending to be a underground cell.
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (TheSpoonyBard @ Apr 20 2004, 03:00 PM)
I was wondering who could benefit from a riot devastating San Fransico and the Japanese stationed there. Also, any other info or ideas for runs that could attach to this would be appreciated.

The racists forming the bulk of the anti-Japanese presence in Sacramento. Even better for them that the incitement is of orks and trolls. Let the trash take care of itself, right?

Human Nation, Native Californians, Humanis. It doesn't matter; they're all good.

It should probably take place in November 2061 when the bulk of the Imperial Marines are leaving SF for Japan (screw canon). That helps with the whole "I'm too special to go back to Japan, and instead I'll take over a chunk of California" reaction by Saito.
Kanada Ten
Ares, Hestaby, and Tir respectively have very vested interests in hurting Saito and the Protectorate as does the PCC. The latter are more worried about Aztlan. In my mind preventing an alliance between Aztlan and the Protectorate are PCC's main worries, stopping Saito's spread is Ares' and Hestaby is most concerned about Japanese control of the Ring of Fire with Metahuman Rights her rally cry.

I would put the timeline early in the expansion, make it seem reactionary. Maybe right as the CP grabs Sacramento.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012