Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's quiet on here today...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mister__joshua
I'm getting suspicious...

Ok, I'm just bored. Someone start a controversial topic I can enjoy reading without taking a side.
Lantzer
Hmm...

Lurkers! Myth or Menace?

No, wait, that hits a bit close to home for me....
Dolanar
Do you suppose the Corps still use the concept of Black Friday in the 2070's?
Lionhearted
If it weren't for online stores taking the concept on board, I would never had heard of it. What is it supposed to signify anyhow?
Dolanar
Black Friday in the USA is the BIGGEST shopping day of the year, Stores had decided to offer great amazing deals to try to get people out of the house on the day after Thanksgiving to get Money, sounds quite like the Corps of 2070's

here is a bit of info about Black Friday for those not familiar:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_%28shopping%29
Lionhearted
Decided to look it up, the disambiguation of Black friday is scary nyahnyah.gif
Wakshaani
QUOTE (Lionhearted @ Nov 23 2012, 10:48 AM) *
Decided to look it up, the disambiguation of Black friday is scary nyahnyah.gif

I work at Wal-Mart, so the normal version's scary enough, thanks. biggrin.gif

That said, I'm certain that the Megas still use it to snag people. You also get 'Bonus week' leding up to it, where you can exchange Nuyen for Corp Scrip with no conversion fee! Yay! (There are, of cours,e penalties with converting scrip to Nuyen, as always.)
CanRay
Clips Vs. Magazines.

Fine, I'll be good.

Black Friday in Shadowrun: What is the NERPS of 2075?
Stahlseele
*imagines a swarm of these running into shops*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAeQn5QnyXo...;feature=g-vrec
Wakshaani
QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 23 2012, 12:39 PM) *
Clips Vs. Magazines.

Fine, I'll be good.

Black Friday in Shadowrun: What is the NERPS of 2075?

(Points to Mount Clips, formerly Mount Magazine, in the CAS.)

NERPS 2075 is too hard to get... Stuffer Shacks are going dry! I hear that Wuxing has some neat stuff on the way, however, and everyone wants to see Renraku's newest product lines.

Here's the one that gets me, though. After the recent trouble in Aztlan, Aztechnology's been scrambling to make some quick cash and sold off a few product lines. Best one I hear? Ares Consumer Products is going to roll out Amber Gel. Amber Gel, can you believe it?! Mom said she had some back in the 50's and loved it, but it got pulled off the market for some reason and hasn't been seen in two decades. It's going to be *the* snack of choice in 2076!
Lionhearted
Hm, in such a display of capitalistic gluttony I bet some old friends feel the urge to crash the party
WhiskeyJohnny
QUOTE (Lionhearted @ Nov 23 2012, 12:04 PM) *
Hm, in such a display of capitalistic gluttony I bet some old friends feel the urge to crash the party

The Free Spirit of Christmas Past, the Free Spirit of Christmas Present, and the Free Spirit of Christmas Future?

Edit: And is the Grinch a Troll Metavariant or an Ork Metavariant (or a Metavariant of the Night One Metavariant)?
thorya
QUOTE (Dolanar @ Nov 23 2012, 11:37 AM) *
Black Friday in the USA is the BIGGEST shopping day of the year, Stores had decided to offer great amazing deals to try to get people out of the house on the day after Thanksgiving to get Money, sounds quite like the Corps of 2070's

here is a bit of info about Black Friday for those not familiar:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_%28shopping%29

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/thanksgiving/shopping.asp

not actually the biggest in terms of sales, but Thanksgiving is a slow news time usually and the media likes to hype it up. Stores don't complain about all the free advertising.
FuelDrop
Since it's so quiet now is the perfect time to introduce to the world my new upgrade: Low powered chambering!
Developed by BTL producers to make weapons more controllable in their simulations, Low powered chambering modifies the weapon to fire smaller rounds than normal, granting the firer an additional 2 points of recoil compensation at the cost of -1 damage and +1 AP.
CanRay
Wouldn't low-powered chambering not cycle a automatic due to lack of recoil/gas pressure?
FuelDrop
QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 24 2012, 01:33 PM) *
Wouldn't low-powered chambering not cycle a automatic due to lack of recoil/gas pressure?

Don't ask me, I've never handled a gun in my life! I just wanted to introduce a mechanic for underpowered guns in my hollywood mission.
WhiskeyJohnny
QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 23 2012, 10:33 PM) *

It'd be akin to firing a subsonic round, or simunitions (or those new fancy Wax Marker Rounds) - some may cycle the weapon, and some may not. Though if it were more like the simunitions or wax markers, I'd give it far more than a -1 damage/+1 AP - more like all damage converted to stun, -3 (or maybe even more) damage/+ at least 2 AP.
FuelDrop
QUOTE (WhiskeyJohnny @ Nov 24 2012, 01:56 PM) *
It'd be akin to firing a subsonic round, or simunitions (or those new fancy Wax Marker Rounds) - some may cycle the weapon, and some may not. Though if it were more like the simunitions or wax markers, I'd give it far more than a -1 damage/+1 AP - more like all damage converted to stun, -3 (or maybe even more) damage/+ at least 2 AP.

Sounds fine by me. they're designed for use by actors, so stopping power probably isn't the manufacturer's number 1 concern.
WhiskeyJohnny
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Nov 23 2012, 11:00 PM) *
Sounds fine by me. they're designed for use by actors, so stopping power probably isn't the manufacturer's number 1 concern.

In my professional capacities of actor and stagehand, I wouldn't put any projectile firing device into the hands of actors, if I can avoid it. Simunitions (and I presume the nifty wax markers) are designed for force on force training when both sides are wearing tac-gear (including kevlar) and safety goggles and such - one hitting your unprotected Karl the Kombatmage in a joint or ear or eye and you're going to need a medic. You'd want something that produces a flash and a little recoil and maybe noise but not something that sends anything down the barrel; not even the propellant.
CanRay
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Nov 24 2012, 01:42 AM) *
Don't ask me, I've never handled a gun in my life! I just wanted to introduce a mechanic for underpowered guns in my hollywood mission.
I haven't handled them either, but I know the mechanism for them. nyahnyah.gif

'Course, I'm a Canadian Gun Nut. Yes, that does seem like the weirdest thing in the world.
Alpha Blue
Since this is a very random thread.

Who wrote Rook? I really liked that npc and is planning on using him for a reoccurring good bad guy in my story.
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 24 2012, 07:16 AM) *
'Course, I'm a Canadian Gun Nut. Yes, that does seem like the weirdest thing in the world.
It does? I thought that your ratio of guns to people was pretty similar to your southern neighbors.
CanRay
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Nov 25 2012, 06:02 AM) *
It does? I thought that your ratio of guns to people was pretty similar to your southern neighbors.
More hunting rifles and shotguns, less pistols and automatic weapons.

Also, I'm in an Urban area in Canada, where the only firearms are held by Police and Criminals, and thus are EVULZ!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012