Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parageology released
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CanRay
Full details on the website here.
Redjack
The earth is full of magic. Mana lines wriggle and writhe in different locales, and strange elements bubble up from the core of the planet. Some areas boost magic to seemingly impossible heights, while others drain it away, sucking mana into nothingness. There are powers out there, just waiting for you to call on—powers that may also be waiting to swallow you whole.

Parageology is an essential guide to the magical powers that imbue the ground of the Sixth World. From the location and effects of mana lines across the globe to the powers of strange minerals unearthed since the Awakening, Parageology provides resources, plot hooks, and game rules to fuel adventures and campaigns tapping into the magic springing up from the earth.

Battleshop
DriveThruRPG
Patrick Goodman
Should probably merge in CanRay's slightly more succinct post just for the purpose of completeness.
Prime Mover
True element updates and ley line info make this my fave of the "para" series so far.
Halinn
Obsidimen, yes/no?
bannockburn
No. Fortunately not. ^^
Those are in Clutch -.-
Fatum
Okay, mana lines rules and geomancy rituals are interesting (although it's a bit puzzling to see that Russia is off the maps of the world completely).
But there's just one thing I want to address about the awakened minerals: cost. With next to everything costing upwards from 750k, do you really think it's usable? Well, unless you want your campaign ended in a couple sessions after that, with everyone settled for life on the Carribean?
hermit
I wondered about that, too. Lake Baikal, anyone?

The minerals look usable as MacGuffins for a wildernes themed run or a snatch&grab, and give a face to 'exotic reagents' many focus formulae will require, so I think they're usable.

Those are in Clutch -.-

Still have to read this, the cover always turns me off. That bad?
bannockburn
No, it's just a short blurb about rock-skinned trolls somewhere near a lair. I enjoyed it, tbh wink.gif
Fatum
QUOTE (hermit @ Nov 29 2012, 01:00 PM) *
The minerals look usable as MacGuffins for a wildernes themed run or a snatch&grab, and give a face to 'exotic reagents' many focus formulae will require, so I think they're usable.
Sure, but trinkets that give you +2 to this and that are not worth 750k, and macguffin's properties other than cost are hardly relevant.
CanRay
Yes, I can finally have Shadowruns where the players will go, "We're stealing... Rocks." "Ore, actually." "Right, rocks."

And I can use the knowledge I learned from having grown up in a mining town!
Stahlseele
QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 30 2012, 02:44 AM) *
Yes, I can finally have Shadowruns where the players will go, "We're stealing... Rocks." "Ore, actually." "Right, rocks."

And I can use the knowledge I learned from having grown up in a mining town!

CanRay:"Rocks fall, everybody dies!"
CanRay
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Nov 30 2012, 09:22 AM) *
If the truck tips over on the GMC Bulldog, yes.
Fatum
Tunnel supports snap like twigs, and you find yourself pressed against cold stone in a silent dark grave! You have about two hours worth of air, what do you do, runners, what do you do?
Stahlseele
shoot the others so i have more time to think and get out of there . .
Fatum
You burn the oxygen out shooting and suffocate.
Grinder
Back to topic?
CanRay
Nice to see old and new products getting released together, especially ones that I have a big interest in. biggrin.gif
Rasumichin
QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 30 2012, 02:44 AM) *

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Nov 30 2012, 02:22 PM) *

Jesus, Mary, they are MINERALS! rotfl.gif
Umidori
QUOTE (Fatum @ Nov 30 2012, 02:06 PM) *
You burn the oxygen out shooting and suffocate.

That's not how physics works.

~Umi
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012