Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dijon, France
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nath
QUOTE (Megu @ Nov 27 2012, 10:57 AM) *
Is this an official translation or just homebrew? Is it just the Paris part or is it everything? Is it still floating out there somewhere? Got a group in my area looking for ideas for Shadowrun Dijon (couple of the players were in on the same teaching English program there).
QUOTE (hermit @ Nov 27 2012, 02:36 PM) *
Official translation with some details from SoE put in that overrode SRF's canon. It's Paris only, but SRF has info on Dijon, too. You can pick up a copy and use google Translate and English (which is half French anyway) to make sense of it if you want. Worked well enough for me (well, that and my meager school French).

What're you up to in Dijon? I'll have a look into SRF when I'm able (don't have the book with me right now). I'd suppose it's not too much, maybe I can just send you a translation. It might be ... bizarre, though. SRF is not short on WTF.

I'm feeling helpful today, I made a quick-and-dirty translation, and added some Wikipedia links to help with references. A you'll see, the is quite short anyway.
FRANCE, page 107
DUCHY OF BURGUNDY-NIVERNAIS [BOURGOGNE-NIVERNAIS]
This large duchy skilfully mixes revenues from tourism, industry and agriculture. Majors centers of Dijon and Nevers are oriented toward industry. Auxerre focus on research. The rest of the land is dedicated to agriculture and tourism.
The only particular magical activity is occurring in the cathedral of Autun, which is closed to the public. Security issues are seen in the industrial areas and the duchy roads.
The Dampierre family is mainly located in Nevers. They're mostly interested in the city development, and take little part in the duchy affairs. They reside in Nevers ducal palace.
The Burgundy back the Bourbon House. Duke Michael of Burgundy [Michel de Bourgogne], count of Auxerre is a leading political figure. The family resides in the palace of the Dukes of Burgundy, in Dijon.
The Habsburgs resettled in the region a few years ago and claim this duchy along with Flanders. Their influence remained limited so far. They reside in the castle of Bussy-Rabutin, near Dijon.
Dijon is the capital city of Burgundy. It counts 230,000 inhabitants, an important industrial park and universities reputed across the country. The city suffers from numerous security problems.
Auxerre hosts major research centers. Security is extremely reinforced in town.
The cathedral of Autun was closed to the public six years ago [in 2051]. It is now a research center run by the [Catholic] Church which studies closely the gate and pillars, which are sculpted with scenes of the Last Judgement. These sculptures would have had been altered, six years ago [in 2051]. The town population was evacuated last year [in 2056].
The France sourcebook had France back to an aristocratic oligarchy, where ducal houses have wide powers over their duchies, with their own private armies. This was not carried out in Shadows of Europe (the aristocratic oligarchy existed, but was informal in nature, and the country still a republic in name at least). The cathedral of Autun changing sculptures ought to be related to the Apocalypse Tapestry in Angers, which also have been changing from 2048 and has been studied out of the public eye since.

The book doesn't mention (maybe since it's obvious to most French) Burgundy is a major wine production region, though not as famous as Bordeaux or Champagne.
Blade
Auxerre hosts major research centers.

The Sixth World is really a weird place.
Megu
QUOTE (Nath @ Nov 27 2012, 05:14 PM) *
I'm feeling helpful today, I made a quick-and-dirty translation, and added some Wikipedia links to help with references. A you'll see, the is quite short anyway.
The France sourcebook had France back to an aristocratic oligarchy, where ducal houses have wide powers over their duchies, with their own private armies. This was not carried out in Shadows of Europe (the aristocratic oligarchy existed, but was informal in nature, and the country still a republic in name at least). The cathedral of Autun changing sculptures ought to be related to the Apocalypse Tapestry in Angers, which also have been changing from 2048 and has been studied out of the public eye since.

The book doesn't mention (maybe since it's obvious to most French) Burgundy is a major wine production region, though not as famous as Bordeaux or Champagne.

Whoa great! Thanks dude!!
Snow_Fox
As i understand it the SRF book was written in france and was extrodrinarily francocentric with the idea that ecerything in france was better than anywhere else. it was surplanted in cannonical work by SOE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012