Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Soul Reaver Build
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Trollered
Hello folks. Anyone remember the game Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver? I was interested in making a build involving a vampire, possibly a Mystic Adept but the one ability I really liked in the game was how the main character Raziel was able to physically go into the Spirit Realm. Now I know the game has Astral Projection and Dual-Natured, but is that it? I searched the forum and saw a post how you can get a Spirit Mentor to grant you Astral Form or something to that end, is that feasible? I'm hoping the GM will let me swap out Mist Form for something like that but is it too overpowered? Any help would be appreciated.
Neraph
The best analogue for Raziel would be a Free Spirit with a Natural Weapon, that way you could also do the material/astral thing.
Dakka Dakka
Entry to the astral planes can only be achieved by a physical being through the Gate power.

Playing a free spirit would be the only other way not to leave a body behind.
Neraph
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Jan 4 2013, 04:00 AM) *
Entry to the astral planes can only be achieved by a physical being through the Gate power.

Playing a free spirit would be the only other way not to leave a body behind.

Nope - the Astral Gate power simply makes even mundanes project.

QUOTE ([i]Street Magic[/i], page 98, [b]Astral Gateway[/b], first sentence.)
The spirit can open an astral rift (p. 116), forcing all physical objects in the area to become dual natured, as well as allowing even mundanes to astrally project.
Dakka Dakka
Woops, then you would have to be a plot device (i.e. immortal elf) or an astral creature with materialization.
Tiberius
you could always create a custom quality that does what you want. just talk to your GM, and get approval. And have a good story to go along with it to explain why it is that your character can do this.
Neraph
I think the best analogue would be a Free Spirit with Materialization and Natural Weapon (to recreate the Soul Reaver itself) at least. When Raziel took too much damage he phased out to the other realm, just as disrupted spirits do.

The main difference is that a FSPC doesn't come back nearly as quickly as Raziel does.
Halinn
QUOTE (Neraph @ Jan 5 2013, 08:00 AM) *
I think the best analogue would be a Free Spirit with Materialization and Natural Weapon (to recreate the Soul Reaver itself) at least. When Raziel took too much damage he phased out to the other realm, just as disrupted spirits do.

The main difference is that a FSPC doesn't come back nearly as quickly as Raziel does.

The Friendship Pact allows a FSPC to return from its home metaplane as soon as it's healed. While I doubt that's what Raziel has, it shows that it's possible at least.
Neraph
Right, that takes the 30 - Force requirement down to a few days, but even then Raziel could re-materialize in a matter of minutes.
Halinn
Howsabout the spirit just using the Heal spell while it's on its home metaplane?
Neraph
QUOTE (Halinn @ Jan 5 2013, 01:34 PM) *
Howsabout the spirit just using the Heal spell while it's on its home metaplane?

After re-reading the rules for them (Runner's Companion, page 93, Free Spirit Health) you can actually use the Heal spell in addition to the natural healing Tests for day-to-day. Remember you can only Heal a set of wounds once.
Trollered
Thanks for the help folks, decided in the end to go with something more conventional and less BP intensive though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012