Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warform/Biodrones augmented stats
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Smirnov
What are natural/augmented maximums for critters? 50% over their starting traits or something else?
Falconer
Technically the book doesn't give any... most GM's do exactly that though and limit things to 50% more round up like normal unaugmented to augmented stats.

Otherwise you'll see a sparrows with 20's in all their stats from god knows what.
Smirnov
I certainly limits some biodrones, but it seems the way to go. Just wanted to be sure
Lionhearted
I remember reading fluff about critters reacting worse to ware then metahumans do, is there any rules supporting that?
Edit: Yup, p.26 of Running wild, poor critters lose their mind.
Is there no legislation against animal cruelty in the 6th world?
NiL_FisK_Urd
They loose intiution - the precise rules are in Running Wild.
Lionhearted
Also they become harder to rig at lower essence and impossible to train below 3 ess.
Haven't gotten around to reading Running Wild... Frying my brain with deep reading Unwired.
Smirnov
Are bioware enhancements considered part of basic warform augmentation?
NiL_FisK_Urd
I dont think so.
Smirnov
So it's only genetic infusions?
NiL_FisK_Urd
Its enhanced breeding.
Smirnov
Yeah, what's bothering me is that in the part about enhanced breeding upgrades they mention that warforms can have bioware upgrades, so I assumed they can be part of the breeding program
Manunancy
QUOTE (Lionhearted @ Jan 12 2013, 08:34 PM) *
Is there no legislation against animal cruelty in the 6th world?

Ther's probably some still lingering on the books - considering how those regarding cruelty toward peoples are enforced, I doubt they're very relevant, at least in the UCAS. In Amazonia or similar places, things are probably different.
Smirnov
In Amazonia it's probably reversed - animals need a license to hunt humans, but no one really pays attention the the papers as long at critters know their boundaries. Yakut's the same I think.
Tias
I once found a Q&A with catalyst saying Max+2 - at any rate I had already capped there (and suggested lower boundaries, too) when one of my characters transformed into a parakeet and insisted she could push towards strength 6...
Smirnov
Don't want to start another thread for a short question, s I'll ask here as it's connected.

Can Sapient Critters like pixies learn additional powers? And if yes, at what rate/cost?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012