Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Desert Wars
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ggodo
Ok, I've seen Desert Wars mentioned a bunch in the fictions, but only just that, offhand mentions of it. It sounds like some sort of reality Tridshow about Corp Soldiers stuck in endless wargames with experimental tech. Is that what it is? how extensive is it? Where can I find more info?
Dolanar
From my understanding its sorta like the E3 of the Weapons Manufacturers, they go out to a Desert & display their new weapons & let people see them in action, perhaps even take early bids on their prototypes.
CanRay
GO BLACK DEVILS!!!
Kliko
It's one big mercenary tournament, live entertainment and prototype testground all rolled up into one.
Tias
QUOTE (Dolanar @ Jan 18 2013, 12:29 AM) *
From my understanding its sorta like the E3 of the Weapons Manufacturers, they go out to a Desert & display their new weapons & let people see them in action, perhaps even take early bids on their prototypes.

Don't forget "seeing them in action" means people actually fighting and killing each other with them wink.gif
Blade
You'll find many information here
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Tias @ Jan 18 2013, 07:26 AM) *
Don't forget "seeing them in action" means people actually fighting and killing each other with them wink.gif

Indeed, which generates ratings, which generates profit. Modern Gladiatorial combat in the desert. Season 23 Starts in two weeks.
CanRay
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jan 18 2013, 10:43 AM) *
Indeed, which generates ratings, which generates profit. Modern Gladiatorial combat in the desert. Season 23 Starts in two weeks.
The Black Devils will bring in the trophy this year!!!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jan 18 2013, 11:55 AM) *
The Black Devils will bring in the trophy this year!!!

I am hoping that Bingham's Brigade takes the trophy this year. With Ares backing them, how can they lose?
CanRay
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jan 18 2013, 03:26 PM) *
I am hoping that Bingham's Brigade takes the trophy this year. With Ares backing them, how can they lose?
By being Corporate Sell-Outs, that's how!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jan 18 2013, 01:04 PM) *
By being Corporate Sell-Outs, that's how!

Got to get your gear from somewhere!!! at least this way they have top of the line Gear. smile.gif
CanRay
Gear isn't everything. Good tactics, esprit de corps, and fine field officers/NCOs are also very important!

That's how France's 1er Régiment de Chasseurs Parachutistes tromped Wuxing's forces as the wildcard in last years finals, despite being the odds-on looser due to having no new gear for the last five years running. S-K, OTOH, had all of those items and it was a near win in the next match with the French.
Critias
Target: Wastelands is the go-to book for more info on 'em. History, some good fluff on 'em, stuff like that.
ggodo
Thanks, guys, I actually got Target: Wastelands lying around somewhere for the space stuff, I didn't think about looking in that.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jan 18 2013, 03:26 PM) *

Is there a tongue in cheek group that runs in this tournament that calls themselves Panzergruppe Afrika?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Jan 30 2013, 08:53 AM) *
Is there a tongue in cheek group that runs in this tournament that calls themselves Panzergruppe Afrika?

Not sure...
But Bingham's Brigade just decimated the Black Devils over the weekend. Should be an interesting tournament this year.
CanRay
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jan 30 2013, 12:39 PM) *
Not sure...
But Bingham's Brigade just decimated the Black Devils over the weekend. Should be an interesting tournament this year.
Oh, yeah... Light Rifles in an offensive role against a Defended Position of the Bingham's with air support?

Yeah, BB decimated them with their ability to bribe the judges!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jan 30 2013, 10:57 AM) *
Oh, yeah... Light Rifles in an offensive role against a Defended Position of the Bingham's with air support?

Yeah, BB decimated them with their ability to bribe the judges!

Just goes to show you that the Black Devils need better leadership. Which is looks like they are about to get after losing their commander in that action. New guy is an up and comer I hear.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012