Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chase Combat
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Avalon2099
Quick question, need to clarify.

When the driver of a vehicle has IP enhancements (i.e Wired Reflexes and the like) how is their turn used up? So their combat turn is 1 minute as I understand it, so if they have aditional passes, do I break up the minute and divide it by the number of passes they have?

Is there an easy to use chart or fanmade diagram for chase combat?
Mantis
Just treat the chase 1 minute round as a regular round as far as IPs go for the driver. He still gets his 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 (VR only) passes during that minute and can choose to do a number or stunts and such as shown in the chase combat section.
For my games we just slow it all down to that minute round, rather than the usual 3 second round and assume the others are spending much of that time holding on as the vehicles slew through traffic and can only find a few moments to do something else.
If you have someone hacking or similar that wouldn't be effected by that type of thing, then sort out what they do first and then go to the chase combat. Chase is kind of screwy that way.
By the way there is a good chase generator here. It's on the left, second item down.
Avalon2099
QUOTE (Mantis @ Feb 7 2013, 10:53 PM) *
Just treat the chase 1 minute round as a regular round as far as IPs go for the driver. He still gets his 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 (VR only) passes during that minute and can choose to do a number or stunts and such as shown in the chase combat section.
For my games we just slow it all down to that minute round, rather than the usual 3 second round and assume the others are spending much of that time holding on as the vehicles slew through traffic and can only find a few moments to do something else.
If you have someone hacking or similar that wouldn't be effected by that type of thing, then sort out what they do first and then go to the chase combat. Chase is kind of screwy that way.
By the way there is a good chase generator here. It's on the left, second item down.

Oh that generator is perfect! Thank you so much. I needed help with the chase scene in Dusk, and im trying to work it properly without the players getting confused or bored. So understanding these rules and making them easier is ideal.
Mantis
Glad I could help. I've used that generator a few times to spice up chase combats. Just beware that every time we've used it, innocent bystanders have been horribly killed. So it does spice things up and the players were interested, mostly so they would know what new atrocity the team driver had committed.
The generator and page aren't mine but I believe the creator still hangs out here. Can't remember what his user name is though.
Manunancy
Got a look at it, rolling a dozen steps or so. The bodycount potential amongst innocent bystander is impressive, including two groups of nuns and some random cattle (fortuantely for your peace of mind, on three different phases)....
Mantis
Ah nuns. They never get a break on that generator. Our last driver did in a least 2 groups of nuns on separate occasions. But it sure makes chases more interesting. Adds some life to the game world too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012