Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clothing options from attitude
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
bannockburn
As I've tried to add an option to my character's jumpsuit in chummer, I've found that the color changing and natural fiber options aren't available for this item.
In Attitude, in the sidebar on p.160, it's stated under the armor options that "these modifications can be added to regular clothing or to armor clothing (p. 326, SR4A)", but not under color changing, natural fiber or AR enhanced. This leads me to believe that these options are available for all types of clothing and armor.

Furthermore, I'm unclear if these options cost capacity or are addons. Chummer lists them as costing 1 capacity. I would agree with AR enhanced and maybe color changing, as well as the armor options, but natural fiber?

Any opinions? smile.gif
apple
They are available for all clotihngs and armor (well, no fiber for heavy military armor). They should cost capacity for armor suits (like the SWAT armor) and they take away 1 point of available place in normal clothing/armor if you play with this optional rule-

SYL
Smirnov
I also have a question about those.
The weaves are applied to each piece of clothing separately or once for the whole suit?
bannockburn
As the weaves are, per RAW, only available for armor clothing (p. 326, SR4a), this question is easily answered: Neither wink.gif
DamHawke
Perhaps its counted as plain 'ol armor rather than regular or armored clothing, hence being incompatible?

Trying to replicate it to effect, in Chummer you can apply colour changing and natural fiber to even a Livingware coat (does not make sense) but not to an Armor Vest.

Additionally it really doesn't make sense for natural fiber to take capacity though. I mean, the suit is MADE of the stuff nyahnyah.gif
Smirnov
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Feb 19 2013, 05:14 PM) *
As the weaves are, per RAW, only available for armor clothing (p. 326, SR4a), this question is easily answered: Neither wink.gif

I remember a comment made by Jason Hardy that the term includes not only the specific 'armored clothing' item, but all clothes that are in the armor section, which would include those in Arsenal.
bannockburn
Which isn't RAW, as there are no errata to confirm this. ^_^
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Smirnov @ Feb 19 2013, 07:31 AM) *
I remember a comment made by Jason Hardy that the term includes not only the specific 'armored clothing' item, but all clothes that are in the armor section, which would include those in Arsenal.

And as such, you just apply it to the entire "suit" of clothing, not individual pieces of the suit (for those that can be pieced together). *SHRUG*
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Feb 19 2013, 07:37 AM) *
Which isn't RAW, as there are no errata to confirm this. ^_^

But since the Developer has weighed in on the subject, it is RAI. *shrug*
bannockburn
It's also RAI to build with 1000 karma. So there! *shrugs back a lot*

But since this is going off-topic: I would agree that the whole suit gets the bonus, not each part of it. That would result in insane bonuses.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Feb 19 2013, 07:54 AM) *
It's also RAI to build with 1000 karma. So there! *shrugs back a lot*

But since this is going off-topic: I would agree that the whole suit gets the bonus, not each part of it. That would result in insane bonuses.

1000 Karma is Insanity, but that is the direction that JH is taking the game, so... smile.gif

Insane Bonuses, and Insane Encumbrance, since those bonuses also count for encumbrance. Which keeps them somewhat sane.
I have never seen the need for Armor Ratings much above 10-12, though. Take that for what it is worth, which is probably less than 2 nuyen.gif smile.gif
Kiirnodel
QUOTE (DamHawke @ Feb 19 2013, 09:30 AM) *
...Additionally it really doesn't make sense for natural fiber to take capacity though. I mean, the suit is MADE of the stuff nyahnyah.gif

While the armor is made of the natural fiber, it could also be explained as taking up augmentation space because the natural fiber prevents the armor from being overly modified. Make it out of natural fiber and then augmenting it with all the plastics and coatings and such is kind of counter-productive anyway, ya?
bannockburn
I like that explanation ^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012