Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electronic tattoos
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
DamHawke
http://txchnologist.com/post/43496630304/t...ronic-telepathy

And this is probably my favourite line in the whole thing: biggrin.gif

These devices can also be put on other parts of the body, such as the throat. When people think about talking, their throat muscles move even if they do not speak, a phenomenon known as subvocalization. Electronic tattoos placed on the throat could therefore behave as subvocal microphones through which people could communicate silently and wirelessly.

Sound familiar? wink.gif
Dakka Fiend
Problem is most people on public transport will probably subvocalize at 120 dB(A).

That aside we really are living in the future.
phlapjack77
Holy crap! This isn't just electronic tattoos, this is more like nanopaste trodes!

I know it's probably (definitely?) sensationalistic, but still, pretty cool that it's at least real enough for somebody to write a sensationalist piece on it smile.gif
KCKitsune
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Feb 21 2013, 04:27 AM) *
Holy crap! This isn't just electronic tattoos, this is more like nanopaste trodes!

I know it's probably (definitely?) sensationalistic, but still, pretty cool that it's at least real enough for somebody to write a sensationalist piece on it smile.gif

That will be version 3.0

What I want is a sub-dermal version of this, intra-ocular lens, and a sub-dermal inducer on my mastoid bone so I can control my smart phone mentally, have the display show up in my field of view, and hear the audio when I play a movie... in other words an implanted commlink. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012