Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4th Edition Top Ten
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover

So I'm trying to put together a top ten list of most important events in 4th Ed.
A heading and short blurb for each event. Already got it started but i was curious what everyone would put on that list.
Looking to be able to hand this to a player who hasn't picked up an SR book since 3rd Ed.
Doesn't have to be list of 10, can be 6 or 12 just trying to hit important highlights.
Stahlseele
Troll is first:
Crash 2.0: No, we did not learn from the first time, no Backups, nowhere.
Oh, wait, no, i guess Lofwyr learned and shut down everything at once.
Out with the old, in with the new, no more wires for you.

Amazonian War: Trees. Nothing but Trees everywhere!
Reason for the War and the Wars Battlefield at once!

Denver: Roland Emerichs Godzilla II
And we have to keep feeding him Bulldrek or he'll go to the next plex.

Technomancers: He/She/It is a Witch! Burn it!
Because, of course, we have not learned anything about that either.
CanRay
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 3 2013, 12:07 PM) *
Amazonian War: Trees. Nothing but Trees everywhere!
Reason for the War and the Wars Battlefield at once!
MAN-EATING Trees, no less!
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 3 2013, 02:20 PM) *
MAN-EATING Trees, no less!

MAN-EATING Trees.. of da DEBIL!!!
Nath
In-universe, I would select the following as those who are both important metaplot-wise, and likely to make the headlines. Alamais eating tens of thousands people in Northern Italy, starting in in late 2073, could be added to the list, though we've been told that it somehow never made it to headlines and is not that important. The upcoming release Storm Front is more than likely to add a handful.

2070-06-29: Technomancers escaping from MCT laboratory in Queen Elizabeth Hospital cause havoc in Hong Kong. Over 500 people are killed. (Emergence)

2070-08-20: The AI Sojourner seizes control of Aztechnology space station Tlaloc. It threatens to send landing capsules carrying biological weapons on Earth unless corporations and governments put an end to experiments on AI. The IA Pulsar steps in and negotiates with Sojourner to disarm the situation after nearly two months. (Emergence)

2071-06-23: Two millions demonstrate in London, led by the Pendragon. Queen Caroline prevents his arrest. Two weeks later, the government dissolves the Office of the Lord Protector.

2071-09-11: Members of South American cartels meet in Los Angeles to discuss the divide of the tempo trade, fully controlled by Olaya cartel at that point, between them. Mercenaries hired by Aztechnology attack the building. Several cartel figures, including Manuel Tamayo, head of the Andes cartel, are killed in the firefight. (Ghost Cartels)

2071-11-09: Aztechnology launches air strikes and raids against the Olaya and Andes cartels in Caracas and Bogotá. (Ghost Cartels, Sixth World Almanac says it happens on 2071-11-20)

2072-11-13: Aztechnology arrests amazonian agents inside a facility in Bogotá. Aztlan declares war on Amazonia. (War!)

2073-01-18: Great dragon Sirrurg attacks Cali, killing 15'000. (War!)

2073-07-18: Several magical artifacts are gathered in Washington, causing a mana storm. Great dragon Ghostwalker uses them to close the Watergate Rift. The chairman of the Draco Foundation Aina Dupré is killed in the resulting explosion. Nadja Daviar reappears in the following days, and returns as chairman of the foundation. (Artifacts Unbound, Street Legends)

2073-07-23: Great dragon Hestaby condemns Sirrurg's actions in a speech at the United Nations in Geneva. At the same time, a hitman kills one of Hestaby aides near Mount Shasta. Hestaby attacks S-K facilities in the Middle East during the following weeks, seemingly as a retaliation against Lofwyr. (SOTA:2073, Conspiracy Theories)

2074-03-24: An international summit is held in Denver to negotiate a new treaty for the city. Ghostwalker reappears for the first time since July 2073, and threatens the Aztlan delegation led by president Enrico Silva and president/CEO of Aztechnology Flavia de la Rosa. The dragon Perianwyr protects them by sending them away. (The Clutch of Dragons)

2074-08-18: Sirrurg destroys a facility of Aztechnology's subsidiary Natural Vat Technologies in Puerto Rico/Borinquen during Hurricane Donald. The destruction of this particular facility seriously disrupts food production in North America, causing shortage. (Dirty Tricks)
Pepsi Jedi
Small interruption, but which book/books contain the thing about Alamais eating tens of thousands of people? Apparently it was so well hidden I missed it too, and would like to read up on it. smile.gif
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Mar 4 2013, 01:19 AM) *
Small interruption, but which book/books contain the thing about Alamais eating tens of thousands of people? Apparently it was so well hidden I missed it too, and would like to read up on it. smile.gif

clutch of dragons
go here if you want to read all of the clusterfuck
http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=9006.0
The GeMiTo Spoiler
54.000 People eaten.
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 3 2013, 07:32 PM) *
clutch of dragons
go here if you want to read all of the clusterfuck
http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=9006.0
The GeMiTo Spoiler
54.000 People eaten.

Thanks. I think I skipped that chapter. I read Shadowrun books really piecemeal and I really shouldn't.
Prime Mover
Thanks Nath very similar to what I was working on, the dates are the cherry on top!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012