Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shapeshifter Magicians
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mystweaver
Simple Question, might have been asked & answered before:

Can a Shapeshifter magician regenerate drain damage taken from from spellcasting/conjuring?

I am thinking not, but what does RAW say?
Stahlseele
RAW says no in SR4.
In SR3 yes, yes they could.
Medicineman
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 4 2013, 05:26 AM) *
RAW says no in SR4.
In SR3 yes, yes they could.

Nope they couldn't either ! (iirc)

Hough!
Medicineman
crazyconscript
And for where in RAW:
QUOTE ('SR4A pg 297')
Magical damage from weapon foci, combat spells, critter/adept powers, or other magic may not be healed through Regeneration

And to me, drain is kind of the epitomy of "magical damage"
NiL_FisK_Urd
A blood magican with the sacrifice metamagic can heal "drain" with regeneration.
crazyconscript
The sacrifice metamagic does not actually "heal" drain damage, it just stops the magician having to resist it in the first place
Archaos
SR4A p. 178 : "Neither Stun nor Physical damage resulting from Drain can be healed by magical means such as sorcery or spirit powers."
Regeneration is a paranormal (i.e. magical) power (cf. RW p. 215).
=> A shapeshifter magician can't regenerate drain damage.
Starmage21
QUOTE (crazyconscript @ Mar 4 2013, 01:58 PM) *
The sacrifice metamagic does not actually "heal" drain damage, it just stops the magician having to resist it in the first place

its not particularly effective means of cheating drain. Youre trading off the ability to regenerate damage caused to yourself via sacrifice metamagic, for a wound penalty during the casting of at least 1 spell (depending on how many passes you get after the cutting, and how much you regenerate), and you trade an action.

Its much easier to have a buddy who can regenerate whom you can freely cut for Sacrificing. Even in this manner youre still losing an action to perform the blood-letting.
Lionhearted
Generally speaking blood magic is a really bad idea...
No matter who you cut.
Mystweaver
A most excellent response. Thank you. No regenerating drain it is (thank god for that smile.gif I thought it was the case.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012