Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Background for a Russian assassin
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tyro
I'm building a Russian character from Vladivostok, a cyber-assassin with sneaky skills, longarms, and pistols. I need a good reason for him to have left Vladivostok for Seattle. Any ideas?
Errant
Any particular background in mind? If he's former corporate, maybe he got hit with a burn notice while in Seattle for a mission.
Perhaps he's pursuing a femme fatale that he just can't get out of his head (Let alone the bullet fragments in his chest).
Really you'd just think of a reason any other person would emigrate from Vladivostok to Seattle and then add the complication of their augments to the travel arrangements.
DeathStrobe
Maybe he did something to piss off the Vory? They're the Russian Mafia, so any cliché you can think of that'd piss off the mafia could probably be applied to the Vory. From killing a made-man, or stealing some Vory drugs, or whatever. Then he had to go and hide in Seattle.

Evo's headquarters is located there. Maybe he killed an Ork or some other metatype and so was ran out of town for being a hate mongerer, not necessarily that he is one, just he was the fall guy for some kind of political witchhunt. They have a spirit on the board of directors, he could have done something to defile the astral...like murder...spirits don't normally like that kind of stuff. I'm sure they're okay with murder, but not with messing up astral space. Or he stole one of Dunkelzahn's comic books he left Buttercup.

The Red Army probably has a presence there. Maybe he stole some military hardware? Kill someone, like I seem to suggest a lot...or maybe he was framed...if that murder trope is getting tired.
Stingray
..Vory in Seattle area is in need for extra help, other organisations are pushing them out.
they send a word to Russia..
Thanee
Maybe he likes the nice Seattle weather?

Ok, no, that won't work... biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
Seriously Mike
How are your corporate ties? Because I have a prime runner with a similar story: former military, got wounded in a black op in Caucasus, Evo rebuilt her with intent to hire, she pulled off a few jobs in and around V-stok, then bargained with the Vory for getting across the Pacific.
"Ekaterina Savchenko, AKA “Kestrel”. Apparently discharged from the Russian airborne troops due to being very, very dead. Someone didn’t want her on the force so badly that all the files on her original identity, “black bar drawn with a magic marker”, were “accidentally” marked “KIA”. Call that a dick move. So she decided to loan her services to the Vory, in exchange for a safe passage across the Pacific. A couple of dead bodies and spectacular explosions later, Miss Savchenko surfaced in Seattle. People coming back from the dead were always trouble, and when someone hired them for wetwork, it meant they were more trouble than usual."
Tyro
QUOTE (Thanee @ Mar 8 2013, 03:03 AM) *
Maybe he likes the nice Seattle weather?

Ok, no, that won't work... biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee

Speaking as someone who's lived in greater Seattle since he was 3, our weather isn't bad. We have a lot of overcast, but our summers are wonderful & our winters are mild (or at least they were before global warming hit us hard).

QUOTE (Stingray @ Mar 7 2013, 10:56 PM) *
..Vory in Seattle area is in need for extra help, other organisations are pushing them out.
they send a word to Russia..

He isn't a good enough actor to go undercover, I'm afraid.
Stingray
QUOTE (Tyro @ Mar 8 2013, 02:48 PM) *
Speaking as someone who's lived in greater Seattle since he was 3, our weather isn't bad. We have a lot of overcast, but our summers are wonderful & our winters are mild (or at least they were before global warming hit us hard).

He isn't a good enough actor to go undercover, I'm afraid.

..i meant he would be "unknown" killer,i would assume organizations keep close watch for each others assets...
Thanee
QUOTE (Tyro @ Mar 8 2013, 01:48 PM) *

smile.gif

In SR Seattle it seems to be raining acid constantly. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Tyro @ Mar 8 2013, 08:48 PM) *
Speaking as someone who's lived in greater Seattle since he was 3, our weather isn't bad. We have a lot of overcast, but our summers are wonderful & our winters are mild (or at least they were before global warming weirding hit us hard).

better line that I read somewhere, think it's more applicable

QUOTE (Thanee @ Mar 8 2013, 10:26 PM) *
In SR Seattle it seems to be raining acid constantly. wink.gif

People say it doesn't always rain in Seattle, but the few times I've visited...rain.

As for on-topic stuff, I'd say the cliched stuff is running from something. Doesn't have to be gang/mob related, could be running from a crappy gf, crappy family, etc.

But that's cliched. What about having lived in V. all their life, and so want to see the world. Want to see what Seattle has to offer that's diff. from V. Does it have better X than V?

X=nightlife, weather, food, music, etc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012