Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Hand of Five
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FuelDrop
Ok, all I've really been able to find out about the HoF is they're a terrorist organization who're tied up with Humanis Policlub and are human elitists. They get a throw-away mention in SR4A page 30, but not enough to really get to grips with their scope. If anyone knows more about them please tell me.
bannockburn
They're also mentioned in the 6th World Almanac and one of the Seattle sourcebooks (I think).
IIRC, they're an Alamos 20.000 cell and they burned some warehouses with metahumans inside in the night of rage or somesuch
EKBT81
They also appear in the 1E adventure DNA/DOA. There they are stated to be the Tacoma chapter of Alamos 20K.
FuelDrop
Hmmm... information on these guys seems pretty sparse. Any suggestions on what I should put them up to in a 2070 campaign?
bannockburn
The usual shenanigans. They're stupid racists, just with a different humanis flavor.
Lionhearted
Ah, Alamos you make it so easy for me to give my Meta PCs personal vendettas.
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Lionhearted @ Mar 9 2013, 08:05 AM) *
Ah, Alamos you make it so easy for me to give my Meta PCs personal vendettas.

Yeah, I know several PCs who feel the same way. Our rigger has just declared war on the HoF and Humanis Policlub, along with one of their front organizations (A church that operates in the barrens, bringing false hope to the metahumans who live there with public works that are never finished and empty words while funneling their donations back to the HPC. Oh, and one of the other PCs is a member and true believer.)
NeoJudas
Wasn't the HoF responsible for the destruction of the Sears/Willis Tower in Chicago thus creating the Shattergraves? That's a first Ed reference I am thinking of.
Nath
No, the Sears Tower bombing is attributed to Alamos 20,000. The Hands of Five is a subset of Alamos 20,000 (an "arm of Alamos 20,000 Humanis Policlub" according to the Seattle Sourcebook) that seems to be limited to Seattle.

Basically, Alamos 20,000 is the international terrorist organization who pulls out the big attacks (starting with the firebombing of a church in Ohio with napalm, then the Sears Tower bombing), while the Hands of Five is a more local terrorist group. The Humanis is the worldwide public front for charities and political protests, and in the UCAS, the Archconservative Party acts as their electoral platform.
Warlordtheft
IIRC they were in one of the threats sourcebooks.
Nath
Threats had a chapter about Alamos 20,000, which is the umbrella for numerous organizations like the Hands of Five. However, the HoF themselves are not specifically mentioned.
NeoJudas
QUOTE (Nath @ Mar 10 2013, 02:00 PM) *
No, the Sears Tower bombing is attributed to Alamos 20,000. The Hands of Five is a subset of Alamos 20,000 (an "arm of Alamos 20,000 Humanis Policlub" according to the Seattle Sourcebook) that seems to be limited to Seattle.

Basically, Alamos 20,000 is the international terrorist organization who pulls out the big attacks (starting with the firebombing of a church in Ohio with napalm, then the Sears Tower bombing), while the Hands of Five is a more local terrorist group. The Humanis is the worldwide public front for charities and political protests, and in the UCAS, the Archconservative Party acts as their electoral platform.

Someone find my First Ed SR books... The Sears/IBM/Willis Tower (and whatever it's new name is about to be IRL) was taken out by the HoF in a combination of magic and explosives using a "flower opening" effect. Combined with the ensuing collapse and surrounding gas main eruptions, the Shattergraves were born. Alamos is the global organization, but the HoF are a specific subset and considered far nastier than the common Alamos 20K fruitcakes. Got it confirms from some online Wikis but my first Ed books are cased up for long term preservation now.
Nath
No, the the Sears Tower bombing is attributed to Alamos 20,000 proper. The Hand(s) of Five is only mentioned in relation to the events in Seattle.
The Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America, page 105
In 2029, the waves of anti-metahuman violence set off by Seattle's Night of Rage swept through the country. It was widely believed that the most radical arm of Alamos 20,000, the Hand of Five, was responsible for the warehouse fires that caused the tragic deaths of hundreds of Seattle's metahuman population on that night. The terrorism continued all over the world in the days that followed.
Three days after the Night of Rage, members of Alamos 20,000 committed the most outrageous act of terrorism yet, the second major event affecting Chicago. IBM had acquired the Sears Tower years earlier. From the beginning of the Awakening, the computer company supported an equal-opportunity program, just when it seemed as if people could begin to pick up their lives and go on in the wake of the Night of Rage, the terrorists of Alamos 20K, with a combination of magic and explosives, destroyed the balance of the nine units making up the Sears Tower, sending the building down to the street during a weekday lunch hour.
The falling debris destroyed blocks worth of buildings, streets, and sidewalks. Thousands were crushed to death, but it was still not over. When gas lines were ruptured, the whole Loop area went up in flames. A second Chicago Fire was narrowly averted by mages who managed to contain the blaze in less than an hour. The damage was still severe, with the death toll reaching nearly 26,000.
The physical damage was not the worst part of the incident. Alamos 20K made the destruction of the Tower look like metahuman retaliation for the Night of Rage.

The Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America, page 108
When Alamos 20K destroyed the Sears Tower, the nine smaller towers making up the building fell away from each other, crushing other buildings and the people in them for four blocks.

Bug City, page 43
When Alamos 20K destroyed the Sears Tower, the nine smaller towers making up the building fell away from each other, crushing other buildings and the people in them for four blocks.

Feral Cities, page 6
Disguised as an act of metahuman retaliation, the terrorist organization Alamos 20,000 blew up the Sears Tower, killing thousands and damaging the surrounding buildings.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012