Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rules question re: Vampires
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hermit
Hey, a rules question for you, Dumpshock.

If a vampire in mist form suffers part of that mist form sucked into a compartment and sealed airtight (meaning no way for the mist to escape), what happens to the vampire? Does he suffer damage? Does he lose parts of his body? Is he just locked in mist form until it is reunited?
Thanee
GM's call! biggrin.gif

But I would say, that this isn't possible. You cannot "seperate" it.

Bye
Thanee
Manunancy
No rules for it. Personally as his body becomes indeferentiated, I'd apply a damage based on how much of it has been caught rather than remove parts. And I'd rule the mind stays wher the largest share happens to be.
phlapjack77
C'mon. This is just going to be everybody's opinion. You know there's no actual rules for this.

Ich glaube, die/der Vampire ist tot.
hermit
I'm honestly interested in whether there are rules for this - even from past editions - and if not in how people would rule this.
phlapjack77
Fair enough. But I can't believe there would actually be rules for something so specific as this. What if after being sucked into the airtight compartment, the half-mist-vampire was]were compressed until he was superheated, then used as the boiling water to make oatmealgrits for a flatulent troll, then eaten. Would the vampire suffer damage?
Starmage21
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Mar 8 2013, 10:57 AM) *
Fair enough. But I can't believe there would actually be rules for something so specific as this. What if after being sucked into the airtight compartment, the half-mist-vampire was]were compressed until he was superheated, then used as the boiling water to make oatmealgrits for a flatulent troll, then eaten. Would the vampire suffer damage?

Its not real mist. Its magic. It behaves similar to mist, but its actually a slightly diffused vampire.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Starmage21 @ Mar 8 2013, 11:22 PM) *
Its not real mist. Its magic. It behaves similar to mist, but its actually a slightly diffused vampire.

so....the oatmeal is like that oatmeal from the golden child?
hermit
There actually are rules for banishing air spirits by sealing them in an airtight compartment (IIRC even parts work). But Vampires cannot be banmned for obvious reasons.
Falconer
Even if you do apply 'damage' to the vampire... what happens...

It has regeneration... AND it has hardened armor in mist form. Which means that most mundane damage such as getting chopped in half won't even make it past that...

But lets say you knock off half his HP for sucking half of him into a box. The part outside the box... simply takes half damage... regenerates itself... and the bit of mist in the box disappears like dew before the morning sun. The vamp continues on his merry business.

Mist form is remarkably useful and powerful power already. It doesn't stop you from casting spells. Gives you ItNW at super scary spirit levels (you sucked your essence/magic up to 10+ right for 20+ hardened right?). Allows you to go through pretty much any mundane security with nary an issue. And it's only weakness (being forced out by exposure to an allergy) is rediculously easy to counter with merely a simple spell 'alleviate allergy'. (poof... a few hits on that and no more issues with sunlight or sawdust).
Lionhearted
I guess it depends on what tone you're going for, the idea of hoover carrying vampire hunter waiting to go ghostbuster on the escaping mist form sounds hilarious though.
Manunancy
QUOTE (Falconer @ Mar 8 2013, 06:21 PM) *
Even if you do apply 'damage' to the vampire... what happens...

It has regeneration... AND it has hardened armor in mist form. Which means that most mundane damage such as getting chopped in half won't even make it past that...

But lets say you knock off half his HP for sucking half of him into a box. The part outside the box... simply takes half damage... regenerates itself... and the bit of mist in the box disappears like dew before the morning sun. The vamp continues on his merry business.

Mist form is remarkably useful and powerful power already. It doesn't stop you from casting spells. Gives you ItNW at super scary spirit levels (you sucked your essence/magic up to 10+ right for 20+ hardened right?). Allows you to go through pretty much any mundane security with nary an issue. And it's only weakness (being forced out by exposure to an allergy) is rediculously easy to counter with merely a simple spell 'alleviate allergy'. (poof... a few hits on that and no more issues with sunlight or sawdust).

In my opinion,, he takes the damage when he reverts to his usual form. As long as he stays in mist form he should be fine. In mist form, I'd think spells and flamethrowers are about the only things that needs to be worried about for a vampire.
Falconer
Except point out to me where in mist forms description it states no other powers can be used or are active at the same time.

KarmaInferno
Hoover up vampire, compress into tiny container, use as ammunition.

biggrin.gif

-k
Lionhearted
Wasn't aware you americans used that term, heck I didn't use it until I started getting to know brits.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012