Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Time GM Running a Different
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
sagehoge
So my players are freaks and outcast put together to represent Lone Star on a show starring them in El Enfierno. I'm just wondering if there is anything I should be aware of. They are playing
A vampire melee monster
An A.I. kawaii anime girl
A wizard with a shady past
and an orc arrow adept
and a street cowboy

Lone Star is fronting the money in the hopes of repairing their rep as friends to metahumanity since Knights Errant took everything over.

is there a way to make npc without making an entire character?
Lionhearted
What kind of NPCs?
If NPCs they interact with, use contacts or foes from the book as a base, inject a dose of personality (bad accents is the easiest way) and wing it with extra dice.
If NPCs they should fight... Depends on if they're goons or big bads, for goons the examples are fine, just switch around the gear and add/remove skills as you need to... As for proper nemesis worthy enemies... I got nothing.

Remember that SR is kinda lethal compared to many other systems so while goons might seem like a pushover on paper, couple lucky shots and they killed someone.

You should prepare for that vamp, he'll shrug off most normal attacks so bring magic or a vampire killing kit.

That group... It's something else smile.gif
sagehoge
thanks for the tips. anyone know a quick an dirt map builder?
Sir_Psycho
I don't know about map builders, but see if you can get your hands on the old Sprawl Sites book, that has some good map archetypes. If you get a digital version, you can copy the maps to MSPaint or Photoshop and chop and change them, because they are simple black and white.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (sagehoge @ Mar 17 2013, 04:54 PM) *
So my players are freaks and outcast put together to represent Lone Star on a show starring them in El Enfierno. I'm just wondering if there is anything I should be aware of. They are playing
A vampire melee monster
An A.I. kawaii anime girl
A wizard with a shady past
and an orc arrow adept
and a street cowboy

Lone Star is fronting the money in the hopes of repairing their rep as friends to metahumanity since Knights Errant took everything over.

is there a way to make npc without making an entire character?

If you own Catalysis Games PACKS product you can throw together a character pretty quickly. I would never use for making my character, but for NPCs and quick one off games it's pretty sweet.
sagehoge
So last session went swimmingly.
Everyone is in a contract that if they leave they will lose their citizenship (except the vampire and A.I. who will have their acknowledgement of being... beings revoked.)
they've met with their production manager who is a valley speaking bleach blonde dummy (she's an ex military war vet wanted by the northern elves. Not that they know that) Their base of operation is inside of a Knights Errant Compound who shoved them more or less into a closet.

Their first case is hunting down a spree killer who has been plaguing the sprawl for days. He's getting in and out of the city and no one knows how he's doing it. Except Buffy (The production manager) who held onto the info until the Strangers arrived.

The arrow guy lived in LA for a while as a runner and knows a guy who used to smuggle people in and out. They've cornered him in a bar and that is where we stopped.

I'm going to stat Buffy out but I'm not the best at optimizing. What would be a good build for a lady that grew up running raids on northern California and assassinating leaders of the Japanese military? I'm thinking she'll be secretly chromed.
Lionhearted
You got a very peculiar sense of humour, I like it nyahnyah.gif
or maybe its just a very unfortunate coincidence...
sagehoge
So the game is going goodish

I lost a player Vera the blampire is gone gone! to Amazonia to star in her own show The Explorers! At least officially thats what she's doing. Definitely not spying on Atzlan/Eating Atecnology security teams. Thats wrong and bad and against official Horizon/Lone Star policy.

Right now the team is investigating the disappearance of some SURGE kids. Turns out they were kidnapped for some nefarious reason and they were all related!
as for the characters

Irwin the Ork Archer met his long lost wife and she's planning a shadowrun on his place of bussiness (the police HQ)
Kinu the AI has a blood feud or cyber blood feud with some only game and has tried to kill him on multiple occassions which he has recorded to make a compilation of and realease to boost his P2.0 score.
Oz the wizard! is neighbors with a really cute family. The kids in the family are both shadowrunner and the son is at war with Kinu.
Flint realizes his build isn't that great

Buffy is still a terrible humanish being
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012