Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gecko tape
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shadoweyes
So every shadowrunner knows gecko tape, or should. But when I started checking on it a bit, some inconsistencies started showing up. In sr4a, the gecko gloves say that they are "useless while wet" whereas the bioware from augmentation is able to work wet or dry, but is useless on debris, and the gecko tips on drones/vehicles are useless on oil or grease, but fine on water. Secondly how long does removing the gecko gloves/ kneepads from the wall take? In sr4a it doesn't list a max speed/round nor apply a penalty for having to "carefully peel thetape away" so I'm assuming it works like the gecko grip weapon mod in that you can turn it on and off with your pan.

Also, is there a listing for rolls of gecko tape?

Edit: I realized I never asked a question. Does anyone know what the rules as intended are supposed to be?
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (Shadoweyes @ Mar 22 2013, 04:59 PM) *
So every shadowrunner knows gecko tape, or should. But when I started checking on it a bit, some inconsistencies started showing up. In sr4a, the gecko gloves say that they are "useless while wet" whereas the bioware from augmentation is able to work wet or dry, but is useless on debris, and the gecko tips on drones/vehicles are useless on oil or grease, but fine on water. Secondly how long does removing the gecko gloves/ kneepads from the wall take? In sr4a it doesn't list a max speed/round nor apply a penalty for having to "carefully peel thetape away" so I'm assuming it works like the gecko grip weapon mod in that you can turn it on and off with your pan.

Also, is there a listing for rolls of gecko tape?

Remember. It must always be green.
Umidori
Odd. I always kind of pictured it as being black and slightly shiny. (And yes, I'm aware you're just joking about it being green.)

~Umi
Shadoweyes
Everything is the same colour when its chameleon coated! Its what allows you to stick your oversurged troll in milspec armour to the celing! Which may or may not be what I'm trying to use it for >.>
Novocrane
I don't think it is all the same stuff. Some of it you can even turn off. Which is pretty far from the standard gloves' functionality.
Shadoweyes
Very little about geko tape stand up when you look at it. Does anyone know the RAI of gecko tape or any actual listing for it?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Shadoweyes @ Mar 26 2013, 05:49 AM) *
Very little about geko tape stand up when you look at it. Does anyone know the RAI of gecko tape or any actual listing for it?

We use the RAW of it for each separate piece in the books. The three versions described in the OP are not all the same thing as far as we are concerned. smile.gif
As for function, they allow standard movement per the type of tech/bioware used. You climb at climbing speeds (per climbing).
Shadoweyes
That seems a little top heavy, but i guess thats the only answer for it. Thanks a bunch!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012