Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flesh to Dust
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk
Do I have this statted correctly?

I basically wanted to recreate the spell in the dragon fight section that converted all flesh to dust. I figured it would be like turn to goo but with one key twist; the effects were instant and permanent.

Physical Manipulation Spell

Los

Instant

Force = Body (kind of in the same way that heal has to be all or nothing on the damage it heals).

(F/2)+5 ?

or if los(area) +7.

I know its powerful but just wanted to be sure that I hadnt missed anything from the spell design rules to create it.
Umidori
First step - I haven't read Stormfront, but can we even be sure it's a spell, rather than a Power of some sort?

~Umi
It was anchored on glass beads and said "spell"
ChromeZephyr
Yikes. I'd almost want to set a minimum magic rating to even use it as a GM. But that's a knee-jerk reaction, given that most players would look at the Drain and go "Yeah, I'll just keep my Stunbolt and .44, thanks." wink.gif
Umidori
Would be it out of line to ask you to quote the relevant text? Not sure if that's looked down upon with such a new text. Would allow me to ask questions all at once or even answer them myself, rather than trickle them in. wink.gif

~Umi
Summerstorm
Maybe it was just a combat spell with such a high powerlevel that it completely filled all physical boxes and overflow in an instant?

Otherwise it would still need concentrating until permanent, yes?

Lionhearted
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 25 2013, 03:21 PM) *
I know its powerful but just wanted to be sure that I hadnt missed anything from the spell design rules to create it.

You missed the part with it being Dragon magic smile.gif
QUOTE (Lionhearted @ Mar 25 2013, 09:27 AM) *
You missed the part with it being Dragon magic smile.gif

True enough but i want to know what would make it reasonable? to make it instant bodyx2 = min force? otherwise works just like turn to goo?

Spells that we had
never seen before as shadowrunners. We watched as a light washed
over several runners clustered together, and in an instant, their
flesh turned to dust, leaving behind only their gear and their bones.

pg 54 storm front.
Lionhearted
That sounds more like something that instantly incinerated them rather then an actual transformation, with the light n'yall.
_Pax._
,,, or instantly dehydrated them. A "Destroy Water" spell, that doesn't care if the water is part of something or not ...
BishopMcQ
High force Light spell, restricted target (Biological matter)? Fire could even do it. *Fwoosh* Dust and cyberware falls to the ground.

Single target spell with draconic metamagic to hit up to (1/2 Grade) targets with the same casting--dragons cheat with magic anyways...why not give them more ways to do it. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012