Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Writing official Shadowrun novels
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Vanguard
Hi I would like to official write Shadowrun novels and fiction, who do I contact and owns the rights to Shadowrun novels.

Berzerker
I thought new novels were only coming out in German? So is learn German a requirement wink.gif
Nath
QUOTE (www.shadowrunrpg.com)
Novels
FanPro is not currently accepting proposals for English-language Shadowrun novels. WizKids will be publishing Shadowrun novels in the future. You can contact WizKids about novel proposals at the following:

Janna Silverstein
WizKids LLC
15821 NE 8th Street, Suite 100
Bellevue, WA 98008
janna@wizkidsgames.com

That's for novel published on paper. Maybe your chance would be higher with FanPro LLC submitting a short story that'd fit among the fictions "From the Street". Length is more limited there though (and don't hope to circunvent that limitation by cutting your idea in episodes, that shouldn't be accepted).
Shadow
That message has been on Fanpro's site since they purchased Shadowrun from Fasa.

Baaah thanks Adam, you know what I meant.

Adam
Except that message is on FanPro's site... wink.gif

I suspect that the WizKid's SR Duels novels are never going to come out now, but FanPro is taking fiction in the 5000 word range for ShadowrunRPG.com; Elissa Carey is the coordinator of that. You can reach her with fiction proposals at pistons@dumpshock.com
Shadow
I should have mentioned before, I contacted the email that is posted to Wizkids and the response I got was 'Not at this time'. They were very friendly and answered my questions but they did not seem interested in taking submissions from first time authors.

Your best bet is to get some publishing under your belt, either for a mag or a website with a rep. Or buy Pistons lots of chocolate if she likes it grinbig.gif
Synner
QUOTE (Shadow)
Your best bet is to get some publishing under your belt, either for a mag or a website with a rep. Or by Pistons lots of chocolate if she likes it grinbig.gif

Solid advice. Another approach is to try to build up some experience with freelancing in sourcebooks. There's no guarantee FanPro will be going down the novel route soon, so meanwhile you can try your hand at adding to the Sixth World in a different way.
Pistons
I like Harry & David's truffles and Ferro Roche. biggrin.gif

A little more seriously, however: short fiction for the website would definitely be your best bet. I have fairly simple guidelines if you want to see them--otherwise, check out the fiction that's already on the website to get an idea of what I'm looking for.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012