Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Small Vector Thrust Craft Design?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Fu-Man Chu
Is there any way to design a Vector Thrust Aircraft that is the size of a car or truck? I'm thinking like a Body 4 or 5 along the lines of the Harrier fighter craft. From what I see in Rigger 3, there is only a body 7 chasis that is WAY expensive. I considered using the Drone UAV with a body of 3 and increasing it's cargo to the max of 25 and then putting in seats and controls - but I'm not sure that's an adequate solution becuase I'm sure other things like canopy etc are not included in the rules. . . which also brings up the point of how exactly does one "convert" a drone into a vehicle which can carry passengers?
Leowulf
I think you could take two approaches here.

1) "Invent" your own chassis by deriving smaller numbers based on the proportional variance between the two that are listed, with GM approval. If you're the GM, then you can approve it, of course.

2) There are mods listed in Rigger 3 for entry points and adding extra seats. As long as the drone has enough internal space and load capacity, they could be added. Otherwise, if there isn't enough internal space, you would have to bolt the seat on top.
A Clockwork Lime
To give a vehicle a cabin, you just need to add Entry Points. Otherwise, it's considered Open if the Entry category reads --.

Hovercar Version (See the cover of New Seattle)
Chassis: Large Vector-Thrust UAV
Power Plant: Electric Fuel Cell (Fan-Driven)

Minimal Design Requirements:

Increased Cargo Space +12 (Total CF of 14)
Increased Load +200kg (Total Load of 210kg)
Added Manual Controls (-2 CF, -10kg Load)
Added Seats (2 Bucket) (-12 CF, -200kg Load)

Total Cost: 390 DP (0.60 Mark-Up) = 23,400 nuyen

Hoverbike Version
Chassis: Mediuml Vector-Thrust UAV
Power Plant: Electric Fuel Cell (Fan-Driven)

Minimal Design Requirements:

Increased Cargo Space 7 (Total CF of 8)
Increased Load 100 (Total Load of 110kg)
Added Manual Controls (-2 CF, -10kg Load)
Added Seat (1 Bucket) (-6 CF, -100kg Load)

Total Cost: 163 DP (0.60 Mark-Up) = 9,780 nuyen
Nikoli
Actually, that portrait is a peeve of mine. That's an obvious adaptation of the Moller air car coupe. But it was never put into a game mechanic.
A Clockwork Lime
Yes it was, as shown above. They just never gave you pregenerated stats for it. You were always free to make one yourself.
Fu-Man Chu
Thanks for the ideas! I'll see if I can run it by the GM! As far as I can tell, there are no options for increasing the body of a chasis or decreasing its body right? So if I want a body 4, 5, or 6, I'll need to figure out my own chasis basics. . .
Fu-Man Chu
Ooops! I just realized this is the Welcome to the shadows forum and not the main discussion board -- any way to move this thread??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012