Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Azrael
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stahlseele
So . . i was bored, tired and thinking . . yes, i know dangerous combination . .

Now remember, i am an SR3 guy and not that good with the SR4 Rule-Stuff but:
Technically, we should be able to pretty much re-create the Azrael Armor, including the flaming Daggers in the Gauntlets right?

It is heavy Military Armor with mobility and STR upgrade as the basics i guess.
Adding some more protection and sensors/communications is par for the course.
Ruthenium Polymer only to change colours to certain scemes, not to do the Predator chameleon effect. (That should be left to Terry)

Now we get to the interesting Part.
The gauntlets with the retractable daggers WHICH CAN BE LIT ON FIRE!
So, how do we go about this?
I think i remember there being something in the Rules that allows typical Cyber-Ware-Upgrades like Weaponry to be built into Mechanical Limbs for Drones and also into such Powered Armor.
So i guess we just take the Slots of the Armor and add in one retractable Cyber-Spur on each Hand. Maybe one of these retractable Swords from way of the Samurai, maybe Memory Metals.
And now comes the clue . . how deep do slots go, how far down can we costumize?
The retractable Spurs are close combat weapons and as such get 6 slots to modify them on their own. So we get 6 Slots to add fun stuff to them.
For example, a coating mechanism. Which we can then use to either go with a flammable liquid which is applied to them when they are sheated and ignited when they are unleashed, or we go with the more sensible method of having a coating mechanism that coats the spurs with a liquid that stops stuff like . . thermite or something like that for example, from burning and make the spurs out of that stuff instead . .

So, the Armor itself, i am not sure, but i guess it gets 6 slots of Upgrade Capability?
And each Spur costs 1 Slot of this capacity?
But each Spur itself has 6 more Slots of Capacity for Upgrades?
So by adding Weapons, we add Slots we can use to put Stuff into the Armor that would not fit in otherwise?

And we end up with stuff that will make cyberzombies run for their lives in fear? o.O
A suit of Powered Armor with a bitching cape and colour changes and burning swords coming from the arms.

Discuss.
Manunancy
As far as flaming weapons go, here's how i would do it :
* have the blades grooved
* add a channel in the middle of the blade, linked to the grooves with side channels (note ; that sort of techinques already exist for jet engine blades, to drive coolant into the blades and work the engine at higher températures)
* fill the grooves with foamed metal or similar sponge-like non-combustile material
*pump combustile fluid from an external tank into the foam, use some sort of ignition system and presto, flaming blade

The whole grooves and channel system will be taken on the blade's slots, possibliy the pump too, the tank would logically be taken from the armor's slots
Stahlseele
There is a canon Chemical Delivery System Modification for Melee Weapons.
Nowhere does it say how, exactly, it works.
And as i am a bit on the Troll-Side of things, i would rather go with the always burning if not coated with something weapon . .
Elfenlied
Have a Possession magician friend who loans you a Fire Spirit with Elemental Aura?
Stahlseele
no, that'd be cheating, cheap tricks . .
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 8 2013, 06:30 AM) *
no, that'd be cheating, cheap tricks . .

Just curious, but Why?
Stahlseele
Because i HATE that things that are technical in nature in their source can be done BETTER by magic . .
If the first question is almost always:"why not use magic instead?" i ask: why have Tech at all then?
ZeroPoint
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 8 2013, 09:06 AM) *
Because i HATE that things that are technical in nature in their source can be done BETTER by magic . .
If the first question is almost always:"why not use magic instead?" i ask: why have Tech at all then?

Exactly.

Mundanes are always left saying "Why can't we have nice things?"

Especially when the tech is available to make it work.
Elfenlied
Well, most superheroes are better done with magic.

That said, there is a possible tech solution for the flaming gauntlets: The Cybergland can coat spurs with chemicals, so any chemical that immolates while in contact with Oxygen will work.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 8 2013, 07:06 AM) *

Makes sense. smile.gif
Shadoweyes
slots for milspec armour are discussed on p 50 of arsenal. They have an optional rule for armour mods and slots, but adding the standard setup of visual mods to the helmet is more than its listed capacity.

Anywho, when discussing weapon slots, the weapon itself can be modified with up to six slots of "space" the details are on p168 of arsenal, but they dont add slots to the armour. The other option to a cyberspur is a Forearm snap-blade. Its essentially the same thing, but strapped on the outside. I dont think it would be too hard to just tack on the blades to the outside.

The only way to add more protection to milspec armour is to add gel packs. unless your GM is playing nice, you cant wear an additional layer of armour. Even if you could, why would you need more than 21pts of ballistic armour? You only take stun damage from a GM Light cannon (13p -96ap), and if you add a reflective coating to your armour, you only take stun damage from a Mercury Ship Laser.

Anywho, Milspec armour is lots of fun. Just be prepared for KE/Lonestar to pull out the big guns anytime you show up on a run. It wouldnt be over the top to start having the chopper carry heavy missiles, and the grunts carrying RPG's. And to attract a lot of other attention.
Stahlseele
Right, i actually kinda forgot about the existence of external blades there <.<;,
Spot-Welding them to the outside of the Fore-Arms should, in theory, work.
And not take up any Slots at all? Seems a bit cheaty to me somehow o.O
As for why i would want MORE ARMOR?
Because as with Dakka, there is no such thing as enough.
The bit about the reflective coating and only taking stun Damage from Naval Class Laser Weaponry is hillarious, thank you for mentioning that ^^
I am not actually playing SR4, this was more of a silly thought experiment/idea for me to be honest.

And i am kind of hoping that only having heavy armor won't call up the big guns, if i don't start with big guns and only go for close combat . .
SpellBinder
How about a maul with electrical contacts on the hammer's head, powered by a peak discharge battery, and a cylinder of shotgun shells, rigged so one shell is discharged into whatever you bash with the hammer?
Stahlseele
Believe me, that idea has been done before, and it does not work in the rules . .
SpellBinder
Okay, so loose the shotgun shells...
Stahlseele
The Electric Discharge does not work either.
You get the Stun damage from hitting somebody and then in a separate thing you get the Stun damage from the Electricity.
It'd look cool, i'll give you that, but this is more along the lines of a Thunder-Hammer from WH40K than Azrael from DC.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Thunder_hammer#.UY2K8aPwBaQ
toturi
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 8 2013, 10:06 PM) *

Because the areas where the suit will be deployed in are not nice places. Not nice places have background count. In fact the wearer may well have Astral Hazing. It is not why have tech or what can be done better with magic, it is how can you make both tech and magic work together for even better results.
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 10 2013, 05:04 PM) *
The Electric Discharge does not work either.
You get the Stun damage from hitting somebody and then in a separate thing you get the Stun damage from the Electricity.
It'd look cool, i'll give you that, but this is more along the lines of a Thunder-Hammer from WH40K than Azrael from DC.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Thunder_hammer#.UY2K8aPwBaQ
Yeah, I know. It's what I was going for.
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (Elfenlied @ May 8 2013, 02:36 PM) *
Have a Possession magician friend who loans you a Fire Spirit with Elemental Aura?
It does not work that way. If the spirit possesses/inhabits the blades, the blades get the aura. The blades however do not attack so the wearer of the armor would not get the benefit of the power. The only way would be to give the Aura to the wearer, but then the whole wearer would be on fire.

Who or what is Azrael anyways?
Stahlseele
Agent of the Bat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012