Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun 5th Introduction adventure?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SincereAgape
Hello. This is a question to Bull, Jason, or whomever else can answer this, but are there upcoming plans to release an introduction adventure when SR5th hits the streets?

Something in the mold of "On the Run" for 4th or "First Run" for 3rd. A decent adventure which references rules and characters from the core rule book. I know a lot of fans have moaned and complained about the quality of "On the Run" and "First Run" from a story point of view, but when I first started GMing SR 4th and 3rd I found both of those products VERY helpful, especially with introductory story for each edition as well as a help a first time GM or a long time player turning GM to get their feet wet into the system/story.

Thanks in advance!!
bannockburn
Well, no one knows and those who do can't give details, but an introductory box has been announced to come out shortly after or at the same time as the core rules. I guess something like you describe could be in there.
Neurosis
Frequently on here I see questions I could probably answer but I'm not sure if NDA ALLOWS me too and I err on the side of Sing TFU.
Critias
QUOTE (bannockburn @ May 19 2013, 04:44 AM) *
Well, no one knows and those who do can't give details, but an introductory box has been announced to come out shortly after or at the same time as the core rules. I guess something like you describe could be in there.

The Intro Box Set has been confirmed to contain some adventures, yes. There are small solo adventures for each of the four included characters, and several group adventures as well. I think that's about as specific as we can get (matching/repeating existing announcements is my personal earmark for non-NDA violations).
hermit
I actually like the idea of small solo adventures for the premade characters. I just hope those are good; nothing like a badly designed adventure to ruin a starter box.
Critias
QUOTE (hermit @ May 22 2013, 05:16 AM) *
I actually like the idea of small solo adventures for the premade characters. I just hope those are good; nothing like a badly designed adventure to ruin a starter box.

They're just short little quickies to get folks rolling some of their various die pools, to teach 'em the things they're good at, awesome at, and okay at (before "real" adventures start), and a way to give 'em each a taste of Seattle, a few interactions with a couple of their contacts, and a feel for some of their gear. So far, feedback's been really positive on each of them, and folks think they do the job just fine.

I'd post 'em if I could. wink.gif
hermit
That's real good, actually. To get people get a feel for their characters, what they can and cannot do. And get a feel for their personalities, so they have an idea how the character reacts. I try and do this for new players, but it's usually improvised and hence needs a lot of background knowledge a new GM won't have.

You ... could post something equivalent. As a demonstrator piece. How they'Re likely to be built, how long ect. If that is okay with the NDA. It might not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012