Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elemetal strike, what can It "do"
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Raiden
I was wanting to make a gambit type character with a stave and throwing cards using an adept went well till I tried to incorporate the kinetic energy into him. I was wondering if elemental strike could be made to work with one type of stave or a single stave and if it can be made to work on throwing weapons or at least one signal type of throwing weapons such as cards. I tried a search but did not find anything clear enough on this. if its not by RaW how many would allow it in a house rule?
Stahlseele
Nope, doesn't work.
Only his own body.
The Staff could be done using a Weapon-Focus. Maybe.
The cards only through Missle-Mastery.
Which is a bit weak sauce and doesn't add special effecty.
Raiden
well dang. mystic adept seems the only choice then. I hate that, gimping an already gimped character lol. (at least in fights since he is throwing cards lol)
ravensoracle
What about Distance Strike and Elemental Strike combo? Wouldn't even need the cards then. But don't quote me I'd have to double check to make sure they aren't incompatible with each other. Been away from my books for awhile due to lack of gaming group.
Stahlseele
Style over Substance. Quite literally in this case i am afraid.
Why go with Gambit though? Why not Ironfist?
Distance Strike is not combineable with Elemental Strike if i remember correctly.
Raiden
eh I have always liked gambit sense I was a little kid. just something about him struck me as cool. lol
Stahlseele
Oh, hey, idea:
playing Card shaped Grenades O.o
with sticky tabe on it to stick to targets.
and go boom on impact or after a bit of time or on command.

seriously?
why has nobody who made gambit before thought of this yet? <.<
Raiden
lol. I do not know. probably because a stack of 52 grenade cards can get expensive. I may just go adept and ad live the card discharge as missile mastery. not quite what I hoped but even with karmagen the mystic adept gambit feels more than lack luster :/. maybe if you got to start 1k karma at chargen for a higher power game but eh.
Stahlseele
didn't a certain someone de-errata karma gen so you start with the 1k karma instead of the 750 because the new attribute prices were so expensive?

and yes, a stack of 52 cards will get hellishly expensive pretty soon but style always has a certain cost.
and it's still cheaper than magic solutions karma/power-point/magic-point wise . .
Summerstorm
Just don't use cards... use combat or elemental spells. Have the cards as needed foci maybe.

You can flavour a blastball or such as "Looks like i throw a card which explodes on impact"
Raiden
well, thats a decent idea. just liked haveing the extra option of smacking things with the staff as well as pulling off some cool agility based stunt stuff :3.
Aaron
What about a full magician with a lot of combat skills?
Raiden
QUOTE (Aaron @ May 26 2013, 08:09 PM) *
What about a full magician with a lot of combat skills?

would require too much in the way of attributes. would require A LOT of bp at chargen or Kp. or HEAVY min max which I dont like. :/
LurkerOutThere
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 26 2013, 04:16 PM) *
Which is a bit weak sauce and doesn't add special effecty.

I'm going to beg to differ, missile mastery is pretty amazing especially if you have a build designed to exploit it. It's not exploding playing cards but it's far from weak sauce.
Stahlseele
it was capped, wasn't it?
Shinobi Killfist
It was capped at 3 last time I checked but it is not capped in hero lab so I am not sure if I missed it being uncapped. I hate the cap because it kind of forces people into muscle bound types for throwing mastery. And I think most people think bulleye who isn't exactly the hulk in build.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012