Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So...Origins
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
McShane
So...Origins

http://www.shadowrun.com/shadowrun-tableto...dowrun-release/

Don't suppose anyone's going and would be willing to post a book to Australia?
Larsine
I had hope for a deluxe hardback collectors edition. Instead they give us a softback edition, with less (although not much less) than the finished books.

And in any case Origins is just way to far from me.
Nal0n
Did the math too, the book would cost me about $1900 incl. Travel and Expenses.
I guess I'll just wait for the final version wink.gif
Sunshine
QUOTE (McShane @ Jun 5 2013, 11:34 PM) *
So...Origins

http://www.shadowrun.com/shadowrun-tableto...dowrun-release/

Don't suppose anyone's going and would be willing to post a book to Australia?

I would have the same request, but with the book going to Austria (Think Schwarzenegger or Mozart not Kangaroo). ohplease.gif
Critias
They just posted an update with a little more info about the Origins edition today: update update update. Sounds like the printer's screwing up by about a day, but they've also got a solid price tag (instead of assumptions), finally -- $49.99.
Shinobi Killfist
If they could trim out all the fiction and most the art, I'd love a softcover as my game table book. But I aint going to origins to get a copy.
Larsine
I wonder if "somebody" could be convinced to help out? I know "somebody" have done so before smile.gif
Sunshine
QUOTE (Larsine @ Jun 7 2013, 07:40 AM) *
I wonder if "somebody" could be convinced to help out? I know "somebody" have done so before smile.gif

You would not happen to be that special "somebody" who would for 50 bucks on top of the book and FedEx prices suffer through this ordeal and have my faithfull friendship and humble servitude at your disposal for future reference (maybe not the biggest incentive from here in austria)?

If so please PM me!

EDIT: I just saw the FedEx prices, just forget it, i'll wait for July. 250 Bucks just for getting it 4 weeks early (if customs wont f*** it up anyway).
Not THAT much of an early adopter.
Samoth
I live in Columbus but I'm not paying $20 for a ticket plus $50 for a stripped down version of this book when I can get the PDF, but that's just me.
Sunshine
QUOTE (Samoth @ Jun 7 2013, 12:48 PM) *
I live in Columbus but I'm not paying $20 for a ticket plus $50 for a stripped down version of this book when I can get the PDF, but that's just me.

I'd too rather wait for the .pdf to feed my inner geek
Larsine
QUOTE (Sunshine @ Jun 7 2013, 12:37 PM) *
You would not happen to be that special "somebody" who would for 50 bucks on top of the book and FedEx prices suffer through this ordeal and have my faithfull friendship and humble servitude at your disposal for future reference (maybe not the biggest incentive from here in austria)?

If so please PM me!

EDIT: I just saw the FedEx prices, just forget it, i'll wait for July. 250 Bucks just for getting it 4 weeks early (if customs wont f*** it up anyway).
Not THAT much of an early adopter.

Nope I'm not that "sombody", but I've had help of "somebody" before.

FedEx is just way to stupid, so we didn't go that way either.

And you are right about the customs on top frown.gif
mister__joshua
I love softback! My CP2020 books were all softback. An RPG book just isn't an RPG book until you've lost 3 pages off the back and had to duct-tape the spine back together, has at least 3 coffee stains in it and has no dog-earless pages.
Samoth
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Jun 7 2013, 12:06 PM) *
I love softback! My CP2020 books were all softback. An RPG book just isn't an RPG book until you've lost 3 pages off the back and had to duct-tape the spine back together, has at least 3 coffee stains in it and has no dog-earless pages.

My SR2 core rules book is literally held together by duct tape and prayer.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Samoth @ Jun 7 2013, 05:48 AM) *

Well, Origins is pretty fun even without the book. Just sayin.

-k
Sunshine
Sooo, there is not "somebody" on this board from germany or austria visiting Origins by any chance, who would not mind to burden his luggage with an extra book in the weight range of 3,5 kg?

QUOTE (Larsine @ Jun 7 2013, 12:57 PM) *
And you are right about the customs on top frown.gif

That is what actually killed it for me (aside from 250$+ shipping fee). That got close enogh to flying in economy had I booked 6 months ago...

sds
Should "somebody" help Larsine, he/she could put one more in the parcel and I would be more than happy to reimburse you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012