Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone actually have the Origins 5th Edition Rules?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BlackJaw
I'm hoping someone has their hands on the new rules, without a NDA getting in the way, so they can explain a few things about the new edition.

Yes I know there are some debates raging on parts of 5th edition, but I was hoping for some answers instead of an argument on why Matrix Bonuses are Dumb. I'm personally in no mood to attack or defend the new rules until I know more about them.

As a player who regularly players 4th edition Hackers I'm really interested to know more about the Matrix rules in 5th edition, about Decks, about Technomancers, Software, Commlinks, etc. I'm also a fan of playing characters with skillwires, so I'd love to know how Skillsofts are doing, as they were too cheap when 4th edition came out. Is there anything outright new and interesting we haven't heard of yet? Any interesting new qualities, gear, etc. Is there something interesting going on in the Meta-plot for 5th edition? Is the disease-thing they've been messing with now a negative quality? Is Nano-tech and gene-ware now part of the core rules?

Does someone even know of a basic online review of the Origins rulebook? It's out there right? I don't have my dates wrong do I?
Aaron
The Origins book is definitely out there; you've got your dates right, BlackJaw. There are a couple of threads about the Matrix rules over on the now-less-than-accurately-named Shadowrun 4 forums.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012