Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IC] Hijacked - LowInt ops
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
LordArcana
Murphy : Early Morning : Vashon Island, chillin on a beach

Murphy looks at Crispy in the vanity mirror of the sun visor.

"Smart-ass"

He pushes the visor back up and out of the way before continuing.

"I would love to think we should try getting through the gate but its doubtful this utterly inconspicuous vehicle of ours would pass as a farmers utility vehicle. Any chance you guys think we could convince these fine folks to chauffeur us through the gate. Once on the other side of the wall we could subdue them until this is all over. The only real downside of that would be getting back over to this side to get Ricoh's Humvee off the island, considering two of the islands ferry shuttles are currently 'out of service' that may be a moot task for the time being."
Thanee
"Seems like we could actually make it out of the car here," Tatjana says.

"But we need to figure out how to get past here, either with or without the hummer. I will try to get some intel on the security procedures here, then maybe we can sneak up and take a look ourselves. Do you think these crazy farmers here could be of some use still? They are pretty nuts."

Nova then calls up her smuggler contact and sends Trish a message.

<< @Trish [Nova] Yo Trish! We made it on the island. But wow, gonna have to tell you that story some day... anyways, we stumbled upon a small problem here, which maybe you or one of your friends can help me with. There's this huge WALL, seperating the northern and southern parts, and we need to get past it. Do you happen to have any idea what kinds of security procedures they employ here? >>
NeVeRLiFt
Sanchez fidgets around in the backseat... his anxiety level rising.
It's obvious he is fighting the urge to get out of the Humvee or maybe it's to look at something on his commlink.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Nova)
<< @Trish : Yo Trish! We made it on the island. But wow, gonna have to tell you that story some day... anyways, we stumbled upon a small problem here, which maybe you or one of your friends can help me with. There's this huge WALL, seperating the northern and southern parts, and we need to get past it. Do you happen to have any idea what kinds of security procedures they employ here? >>

<<@Nova[Trish] : hey again honey! Wow, you actually got over there? My crew have been trying for... Well .. A while,

Tell you what, how about a deal? I'll buy the beers and you give me the lowdown? I'm sure we can cut a deal, and only young Dragons.

So, the Vashon-istas have gone all old school and segregated the population? Risky but effective I guess.

I've heard a competitor of mine sent some shipments over there before with not much success!
They just seem to always know just which container to open.
And getting stuff OFF never happens.

Look, no promises but if you get some ground level intel to me, and i'll help you plan a con.

Let me know, stay safe!>>
LordArcana

Murphy looks over at Nova.

"Even if these guys are nuts, they should at least be able to tell us the procedure for going through the check points at the wall. Worst case scenario we subdue them and take their vehicle through the gate but with far less people living on this island than in Downtown Seattle it is possible the gate guards might recognize these guys making things potentially easier to get through."
phlapjack77
Yeah, I'm not such a strong swimmer either. Getting past the checkpoint with the help of our new friends sounds like the best plan so far. As chromed as these hillbillies are, I'd rather we had their cooperation willingly...
Thanee
"Ah well, it does not hurt to ask, right?" Nova says, and goes back into the astral.

Manifesting inside the car and moving out of it towards Pa and the kids, she approaches them with their questions.

"That worked rather well. Thank you for your assistance. We will have to get further north, and it seems like this wall there is hard to get past. You do not happen to know how one can get to the other side safely?"
Mach_Ten
"you want to go up into the Forbidden zone ?"

Pa' seems shocked at your request

"We gotta go back west and get through the wall up there, Ain't nobody in them's right head wants to go the forbidden zone! least, that's what mah Grampy tell't me!"

He looks at his kids, and moves away a few feet so they can't hear him

"There' be a few ways folks have tried before if'n you like,
some tried swimmin' but got gobbled up by great whirlpools and the lighthouse up yonder set machine guns on 'em

some tried boats but them here explosives did for 'em .. they go all out to sea !

Some tried walkin' in the front door, dint' see them again neither

I heard tell there's the irrigation tunnels, but them s be flooded regular to flush out the ...."

A cry goes up from behind him and a gun-shot rings out in the quiet night air
"PA'! .... CRITTERS! .. We got CRITTERS !"
phlapjack77
At the sound of gunshots, Crispy went alert and still, seeking out the source. Once he realized it was the locals nearby firing outward, along with the shouts of "CRITTERS!", he searched the night darkness for the enemy. He wasn't sure how to proceed, as he didn't really think rolling down the windows or (even worse) getting out of the truck would be advisable. Frag it! If we're going to get help from the locals, we're gonna hafta help them with whatever's out there!
Thanee
Looking towards the source of the commotion and sudden surge of emotion, Tatjana tries to figure out, if she can do anything from where she is.

If those critteres happen to be awakened and dual-natured, she might offer some assistance.
LordArcana

Dropping the visor on his helmet, Murphy turns towards the commotion. Using the vision magnification of his cyber eyes he locks in on what the locals are calling 'critters'.
NeVeRLiFt
Sanchez has some might powerful cybereyes... he tries to put them to good use right now and get a visual on what is attacking the locals.

Hearing the gun shot snaps Sanchez alert and he almost opens the door... he looks from team member to team member and says What are we doing? Do we get out or do we sit tight?
(Sanchez wearing his ballistic mask must surely look alien or very strange or fearsome.)
https://www.google.com/search?q=ballistic+m...920&bih=974
LordArcana

Murphy looks over at Nova unconscious in the driver seat, her body and mind separated by the astral realm. He slips her milspec visor down on her helmet locking it in place before turning to the rest of the crew.

"You boys ready for a bug hunt?" Without waiting for a response Murphy unlocks the door and steps out of the vehicle. Standing to the full height of the armor, just over seven feet, he turns turns towards the one called Pa. The visor on Murphy's helmet polarizes becoming mirror like. He draws the Colt M22A3 from the passenger seat and then closes the door behind him. Turning towards the gigantic locusts in the field he levels the weapon using the hood of the Humvee as partial cover to stand behind.
NeVeRLiFt
HELL YES! LET'S ROCK!

Sanchez burst out of the Humvee and slams the door shut!
He quickly scrambles up on to the roof of the vehicle and stands ready with his Ares Alpha looking to shoot the first bug he spots.
phlapjack77
Crispy sat indecisive for the briefest of moments. Sure, they were supposed to be subtle here. Sure, they were supposed to be sneaking in, and gunfire probably didn't help in sneaking. Ok yeah, the locals started firing first...maybe the guards on the wall were used to this kind of behavior. Nova seemed safe from the gas and other things if her body stayed in the truck, and there wasn't much he could do to help her with her mumbo-jumbo stuff. And he needed to provide fire-support for his teammates. His mind made up, the merc decided that tactically he should join the party.

Realizing that this situation wasn't ideal for the...louder...types of fun, wearing a sad expression on his face Crispy mentally thumbed the switch from "Full-Auto+Grenade'Splosion" to simply "Burst-Fire" on his F'n Scar. Then his face lit up again as he swung out of his door with the rifle raised, searching for his first target as he braced on the roof of the truck with his body still inside the vehicle. He wanted to have some cover in case things got weird...well, weirder than they already were.
Mach_Ten
The blasts of four shotguns ring out in the warm night air,

in the moonlight, the team taking tactical positions can see the foliage blasted apart.

some nearby bugs take clean hits but seem mostly unperturbed by being peppered with buckshot.

the Crops are being decimated at a horrendous rate though, as their massive mandibles, jutting from humanoid mouths buzzsaw through the greenery.
Thanee
Hovering above the crops and looking down to the gigantic critters, Nova does not wait for them to jump on anyone nearby. Instead, the mage opens fire with a bolt of pure magic, aimed right at the aura of the first bug.

I wonder, whether it's the crops or the bugs they are growing here...

Next to her, the fire spirit looks angry, but patiently waits for something more useful to do.
Mach_Ten
Early Morning : Vashon Island, East Coast beach, in the shadow of a WALL

The ‘pop’ ‘pop’ of the shotguns low power charge echoes around the small bay as waves lap at the sandy shore and the husks of the mines strewn around.

Nova, floating above the ground in her glowing manifested form trains her minds eye on a target of opportunity and lets loose with a bolt of mental and magical energy
Resulting in a quite disappointing “hiss” of expelled air as the creature collapses into unconsciousness without any visible cause.

The Locals, Pa’ and his kids Cheer in unison, thinking they have felled one of the beasts and rapidly reload for another volley of buckshot.

Jumping from the passenger side of the hummer, Murphy leans of the top of the vehicle and sights another creature,
the ghastly glow of the night-sight on it’s part human part insect face, makes it’s features even more horrendous to look at, he pulls the trigger …

Standing above him on the roof, Sanchez hollers and lets rip with raucous booms of his modified weapons, the sound reverberates around the area and all eyes, insectile and humanoid turn to view him, as one of the bugs is obliterated in a cloud of green and red fluid.

Lost in the echoing booms, Murphy’s perfectly aimed shots also have the desired effect, one of the creatures attempts to give flight toward the team, but the bullets rip through it and it crashes to the ground, skidding into a pile a few feet from the locals position.

“I Got one!” He wants to cheer and holler with the locals, but something isn’t right.. the happy buzzing of insects doing what insects do best, has stopped.
Out in the darkness, myriad speckled eyes turn to the sounds of destruction, the smell of blood is in the air, something that they crave far more than plain greenery that they need for basic sustenance.

Atop the vehicle the dwarf looks for another target “Where are they ? .. I can’t .. oh wait .. here one … uh … two… uhh guys ! … GUYS!”

The crop line bursts with an explosion of movement, bodies the size, weight and hardness of Harley Motorbikes charge from the fields,
Their wings look crippled and weak as if they have never been used for prolonged flight,
but they are the perfect aid for short bursts of speed and for at least getting air borne to land amid the crowd and begin eating.

The first wave descend on the locals and the fallen bugs, blood and gore flies like it has been thrown onto BLEND, covering the sand,
Shotgun blasts ring out and horrified faces look up as they weapons they thought had felled something merely bounce off the massive insects harmlessly.

The Hummer is rocked and catapulted forward by the sheer momentum of the creatures, the brakes useless of the soft sand
“Proximity WARNING! - ALERT!”
The vehicle systems call out into the cabin .. not far ahead the points of a land mine protrude from the sand, much more impact from the ‘Critters’ and it’s all over !

with the sudden motion, Sanchez is thrown from atop the hummer and lands on the sand, he tries to stand but several Critters land on or near him.. He batters at them with the butt of his rifle, empties a full burst into another but is enveloped in a buzz of green torso and wings, the scream lost in the noise as the 'Blend' begins.
phlapjack77
MURPHY! We're getting overrun! We've gotta get out of here, get back in the vehicle! Crispy barked as he continued to squeeze off quick shots at anything that got too near. In the excitement he had nearly forgotten to put up the tacnet, but with a few mental flicks of switches in AR the feed of data between teammates had started up before the wave of locusts was on them. With Sanchez's bio-readout going a disturbing red and Nova still off somewhere in magic fairy land, he wondered if he should say "Frag it" and start pumping out some grenades. Well, it was too late now, the giant fragging carnivorous paranormal locusts were in amongst them. Nothing for it but to retreat...tactically...

Falling back into the hummer and slamming his door, Crispy fumbled for the AR controls of the truck to get it started and moving away from those mines. 'C'mon baby, don't be like that! Don't be mad! Just get us started and outta this drek...'
LordArcana
Murphy : Vashon Island, East Coast beach, in the shadow of a WALL

Hearing Cripsy calling for a retreat sounded like a fair assessment at first. Sanchez was down and being torn to pieces by a swarm of critters. There was nothing that could be done for him unfortunately. The locals however still had a chance to survive and they were still needed if the runners were going to get passed that wall. The next wave of critters swoops in on Murphy standing there as the Humvee gets pushed back towards the mines.

<<@Team:[Murphy]: Crispy get that Humvee out of here before it sets off one of those mines. Try to bring it over to the locals truck and buy me some cover. I'm going to try to save them.>>

He stands his ground at the oncoming wave of critters launching a flash-bang grenade into the swarm which detonates in their faces. The creatures apparently dislike the light and sound as they quickly try to get around the effect. While they are distracted, Murphy makes a mad dash for the farmers vehicle using it hopefully to provide a means to block line of sight from the creatures that were honing in on him. Dropping one knee into the sand near the door of the farmers truck he brings the Colt up preparing to rain hell on the bugs.
Mach_Ten
Hijackers: Vashon Island, East Coast beach, in the shadow of a WALL

<<@Team:[Ricoh]: Hoi Chummerette's ! Are you fraggers at the dropsite yet? We're on the clock here girls ... Hammer is enroute in a few and us expecting to arrive at a safe zone. We need info from that VTOL too. But if you wanna go for a scenic moonlight walk ? Well don't let me stop ya! >>
LordArcana

<<@Team:[Murphy]: Oh hey Ricoh! Sorry about the Humvee.>>
++Mute subvoc User: Ricoh++
Thanee
Tatjana moves her astral form higher to be far enough away from the critters, which surely can jump quite high.

From there, she aims another spell at the next of them.

I really need to learn a spell, that covers more of an area.
Mach_Ten
Hijackers: Vashon Island, East Coast beach, in the shadow of a WALL

Leaning over Tatjana's recumbent form, Crispy mutters a quiet apology as he grabs the vehicle controls.

Slamming it into reverse he tries as best he can to give it enough force to counter the impact of several bugs.
one of which overshoots it's landing and impacts another mine ahead of the hummer sending a plume of sand and flame upwards
"I think we lost the element of surprise"

the explosion rocks over the vehicle sending the occupants rattling around
the torso of the bug slams into the windshield, smahing it into a laminated pane of glass squares, impossible to see out of and the engine stalls, sputters and dies.

The locals are still under the impression they are winning, the grenade from Murphy driving the critters back a few feet giving them respite enough to aim and shoot the shotguns,
which are mostly ineffective against their hardened carapaces but small pieces of bug are blown away.

overhead, regardless of the danger to her physical form, Nova
continues to send blast, after magic blast, culling their ranks one by one..

a sensation in her astral perception makes her glance down at herself where her aura begins to pulse and glow in a green and black pattern, like a bruise.

she wipes her metaphysical brow on reflex with the strain of continued casting, looking back up, the crops seem alive with more forms, there's only so much time before the scent of blood catches them and they descend upon the team.
LordArcana

Set in his kneeling fire position Murphy takes aim at the closest bug in the swarm attacking the locals. A massive explosion from near the Humvee propels sand through the air pelting the surrounding area. He focuses on the target and gently pulls the trigger. The short burst of explosive ammunition obliterates the creature covering Pa in bug goop and bits of chitin. Sweeping slightly to the right the next creature to line up in his sites was about to take one of the younger boys off his feet. With perfect timing another short burst from the M22A3 turned the creature into what resembled an explosion of sickly green and yellow paint. This is almost too easy.
LordArcana

As the critters move in to swarm the area two of the beasts pounce at Murphy with their mandibles clicking. The first one manages to sink its chompers into his armor midway up on the right side just beneath the rib cage. Thankfully his platelet factories automatically kick in making the wound far less than it could have been. The second creature, smelling the scent of blood, lurches forward trying to land its mandibles on Murphy's head but he brings the butt of his Colt up in time to push the creature aside.
phlapjack77
Exiting the humvee with a snarl on his face, Crispy popped the safety button on the flashbang and tossed it left-handed at the small pack of locusts. The flash was filtered out his combat goggles, and he felt the pressure wave slam against his body as a few locusts were blown into the air. He didn't pause, but started laying down tactical bursts with his battle rifle, firing short, controlled bursts. Blood flew everywhere, most of it thankfully that of the giant paranormal insect kind. Murphy seemed to be holding his own helping out the locals, and Nova..well, that was rapidly becoming a problem.

The sounds picked up and amplified, isolated and cleaned-up by his earbuds sounded increasingly like some kind of security patrol aircraft heading their way, possibly of the kind they had avoided just a little whie ago. Between that and the spotlights that he could barely make out being turned in their direction, things were looking bleak.

<<@Team {Crispy} : Got possible security lights coming online, and inbound small aircraft, possibly drones. We gotta MOVE! I'm heading to assist Nova now.>>

With an experienced eye, Crispy saw the ebb and flow of combat start to focus around the humvee...with the locusts seeming to be gaining ground there. That humvee wasn't going to last much longer. He needed to get Nova out of there, and see if he could save some of the team's gear while he was at it. The merc started to slowly make his way to the driver-side door.

As he went, a small tear started to slide down Crispy's cheek as he thought of the brief romance he'd had with the humvee's AI. Ah, memories...
Mach_Ten
Hijackers : Vashon Island, East Coast beach, in the shadow of a WALL

The blazing white light of a search-lamp ponderously swings across the bay and slowly approaches the site of the ignited mine,
It zigzags the beach, searching for movement trying to get towards the wall, not quite reaching as far as the team yet.

To the west the buzz of the swarm is joined by the mechanical hum of jet propelled engines as a pack of drones bursts over the top of the crops and heads south along the beach,
Dangerously close to the team position, but thankfully not directly overhead.

With a deflated whump, another critter falls unconscious to the sand while its brethren mill around it, trying to get into a position to take chunks out of the vehicles.
Nova floats on the astral winds “this is too easy!” She smiles satisfied with her work as her pet fire-demon below relishes in her command to seek and destroy.

Huge gouts of flame shoot out and envelop the dual natured critters, roasting them ihn their own carapaces.
back in meat space more insect forms crumble into the sand, they hiss and steam as if baked by some invisible nuclear blast.

Murphy, rocked on his feet as a flash-bang lands at his feet, looks at the apologetic face of his mate, Crispy while readying another burst of fire to aim at a nearby critter.

“They aren’t attacking us !! … this is freakin’ me out man !”

It’s true, the insect creatures are the size of sub-compact cars, according to the TRIDs they should be blood thirsty monsters out to kill as many meta-humans as they can and laying eggs in their chest cavities
but they seem to be single mindedly trying to devour non-biological material and are un-fazed by the deaths of their hive-mates or anything else except the noise of the grenades.

With their vehicle nearly completely destroyed, the locals take to their heels and flee up the path from the beach,
heading for the cover of some nearby abandoned buildings.
“We can’t go in there Pa’ ! … Mom’ll have yer hide !” one of the kids protests, but continues running in the same direction, heedless of his own advice.

Surrounding the hummer, a cloud of unidentifiable tiny black insects swarms, to the casual observer, not involved in a firefight,
it would seem that paint flecks peel and vanish leaving only bare metal, this then also peels away layer by layer until the chassis is revealed and that too stripped away to nothingness

Standing back from the Hummer, only seeing enemies all around, Crispy and Murphy finally see that the vehicle is almost a complete husk of bare metal,
Nova is completely visible and vulnerable in the seat as the vehicle body panels have nearly all disintegrated now, in the trunk, the ammo container crashes out of the bottom and is almost immediately devoured in a blur
The remainder of their gear in duffel bags rests on the struts that hold the vehicle tenuously together, the creaking sound indicates that they won’t last much longer.

A glance around the situation reveals that only a few bugs remain standing, those that haven’t landed on mines, been mutilated by fiery spirits or blown apart by grenade fire.
There’s three on the remnants of the locals truck and two that finished on the shore by Sanchez have moved to the hummer to continue to devour.
phlapjack77
We'll always have Vashon Island...

Crispy slung his rifle over his back and grabbed Nova's inert form. He shook her, screaming NOVA! We are leaving! Not getting any response, he threw Nova's body over his shoulder and started to stagger towards safety. After just a few steps, a muttered curse escaped his lips as he turned around and staggered back to the decimated form of the humvee, where he snatched up his duffel bag moments before the locusts would have devoured it.

Turning once again, doubly encumbered, Crispy headed in the direction that the locals had gone just moments before he was buffeted by the shockwave of a large nearby explosion...
Mach_Ten
Hijackers : Vashon Island, East Coast beach, in the shadow of a WALL

The blast of the Hillbillies truck with it's compressed oxygen cylinders and illegal alcohol distillation unit forms a bright blue and green mushroom cloud
as it is ignited by the Hi-Ex grenade.

Murphy and Crispy are momentarily transfixed by the amazing blossom of flame,
Crispy has the foresight to duck and cover, dragging Nova from the hummer before it collapses.

But, unable to move from sheer wonderment, the shockwave lifts Murphy from his feet and a solid part of a gas cyclinder impacts his cranium rendering him unconscious.

laying there staring at the stars, his last sight before darkness envelops him is a wave of sand covering him completely from sight.

<< @Hijackers [Ricoh] : I dunno which of you Drek-Heads muted my line .. and I Dun' care! .. Why am I not getting a locator ping on your vehicle ? and why is Artemis local shell offline?
Are you people in position yet or what ? >>

phlapjack77
Picking himself back up from the sandy ground, Crispy shook his head to clear the cobwebs from the explosion. Searching around for his recent possessions, he found his weapons, duffel-bag, and a now-conscious Nova. Things were looking up...until he noticed the bio-monitor readout for Murphy on the tacnet. Frag!. Grabbing Nova's shoulder, he motioned towards the retreating form of the locals before crawling over to Murphy's inert form. Bio readout was steady. Unconscious. Ok, no time like the present. Crispy peeled off the backing for a No-Stun squeeze ampule and stuck the tab on Murphy's neck, where it could do its work quickly.

No time to wait though, those drones could be back any moment and the searchlights were even more dangerous. With a sigh and a grin, Crispy now slung Murphy's body over his shoulder and made his way (slowly) to safety. Gonna feel this in my quads later.

To keep his mind focused on the herculean task, Crispy let a little frustration out as he ran. Gorrammit Murphy! Fraggin you and Sanchez need some trigger discipline! This ain't no trid-show, no Neal-the-Ork sim. We can't just go around blowin things up anytime we want! Much as I hate to admit it! Wonder who your CO was before...
LordArcana

It was hot and dry in Israel. Company commander made it a standing order to stay hydrated at all times. If you weren't out humping a pack on patrol or digging a hole, you were drinking water under the cover of camouflage. The wind made things made things worse yet. It would whip the sand around which would get into everything. We would break our weapons down three times a day to keep them clean and operational. Our training exercise was going to last three months. Three months in his hell hole was a long time.

Day 37: Night Training Op, Hostage Rescue Situation

We parachuted from the skytrain at 00:30, just three klicks south-west of Buq'ata. Intel said the hostages were being held in a building north of the soccer field. Green paint on the bottom of the front door was our signal. It was dead calm that night. Advanced weather systems said there was a storm coming in from the north but it was going to side swipe this area mid morning so we would have plenty of time to get in, grab the hostages and get to Rendezvous One.

Humping the three klicks to the town was nothing we weren't already accustomed to. When we started taking down two-man patrols on the outskirts of town we really thought command was going all out for this training op. Rules stated we were not to defile the resistance when they were stunned. Once they recovered they would leave the exercise area so we continued in. We followed our devised route taking a naturally eroded ditch right up to the soccer field. The target building was just on the opposite side of the field. There were two roof guards on the building doing a haphazard perimeter sweep every couple minutes and two automated search lights sweeping the open areas of the town. Getting the hundred twenty meters across this open area was going to be a matter of impeccable timing.

'Rat' was the first to go. He practically disappeared into his surroundings. I remember joking to 'Flea' that even if spotlight stopped right on him, nobody would know he was there. 'Nerf' followed him across. Both made it without incident to a shallow alcove on the west side of the building. 'Flea' and I shot rock, paper, scissors to see who would go next so i was the next to go. I no sooner crawled into the cover of the alcove when the sound of an AK-97 being fired full auto caught everyone's attention. You could see the tracer rounds as they streaked into the sky. That son of a bitch was cheating! He was alerting the defense we were coming. With zero finesse, 'Flea' ran across the open area just missing the edge of the spotlight as he dove into the alcove.

Something just didn't seem right. The whole town seemed to wake up all at once. We could hear the guards on the roof gibbering away and we only spoke thirty-seven days worth of Arabic so we could only make out a few words, but something made this seem a whole fuckload more serious than a training exercise. Two men came running around the southern edge of the building but the lightning fast reaction of Nerf plunked a stick-n-shock into each of their heads. They hit the ground like an asteroid, random impacts with the earth. It was Rat's idea to grab one of their weapons to check. Sure enough, live ammo. You could almost feel that big green weenie right at that moment.

There we were smack dab in the center of hell with only s-n-s rounds while the weight of the Syrian anti-Isreal rebel force came swooping in on us. Bad Intel? Bad planning? Perhaps we had pissed off someone "up there". We had to make a decision right there how we were going to handle this. If it really was a training exercise and we bugged out... we failed. If this was just one big CATFU'ed mess... we were probably going to die. We at least had to check to see if there were hostages in the building so we entered the cellar through the slopped doors. Once inside we could hear the frantic ramblings of several voices upstairs. Even with our limited knowledge of Arabic "Kill the Infidels" was fairly easy to make out.

We waited in that basement for nearly two hours when we were able to confirm several soldiers left the building leaving two maybe three moving around inside. This was the best chance we had to take the building and make a stand. We moved in stunning with extreme prejudice the three men left behind to guard the hostages. We barred the doors shut and the windows best we could. When we found the hostages they had been tortured and beaten so close to death it was going to be nearly impossible to get them out of here on foot. It was time to notify command of our situation. "Say again Alpha Team Red" is the response we got to every thing we said. It was like they refused to believe us. "We need immediate evac under cover of gunships. I repeat Insurgents are using live rounds, we need immediate evac and air fire support!"

When air support arrived we managed to get the hostages to the medi-vac chopper. The four of us took cover as we waited for one of the gunships to touch down giving us a ride out of here. There it was on approach. Rat popped green smoke out into the clearing and we ran for the chopper. None of us saw the grenade coming, we just felt the blast. The last thing I remember before the black was the sight of Nerf's mangled body and the sand hitting my face.

"Sir, the next thing I remember was waking up with Doc Morgan shining that light in my eyes. I have no recall of how we got back."
Mach_Ten
Hijackers : Vashon Island, Putnam Projects, SW 249th Lane

Crouching in the dark corner of the kitchenette, Pa' huddles over his kids under the window as the searchlight flashes over the landscape outside.

The Team barge in, Crispy supporting a barely conscious Murphy followed by Nova as she covers their retreat
"All clear, the drones have passed over head, I shall leave the spirit on guard out here"

Crispy clears the small dining table ..Weird, there's china and table cloths still..
he tries to think about it, but more pressing matters present themselves, he throws Murphy prone on the table that nearly collapses under the weight.

Retrieving the small medikit he takes out a stim-patch, weird name for it, it's a massive hypo concealed in a tube with a compressed air charge to accelerate the needle through the chest plate and into the heart.

Murphy sits bolt upright and draws a massive lungful of air as the adrenal hits
"FRAAAAG MEEEE!" he exclaims with eyes wide "Not as advertised !! Daayamn!"
he is given a tactical signal for silence by Nova, one angrily raised eyebrow does the trick
looking around he quietens and begins to examine the surroundings,
the same as Crispy, weirded out by the presence of furniture and possessions, nothing of monetary worth, but someones homely belongings
as if they just vanished over night.
phlapjack77
So this Momma you're talkin' about. She some kinda chika? Maybe we can meet her sometime, right? Right?
LordArcana
Murphy : Vashon Island, Putnam Projects, SW 249th Lane

After having been abruptly awakened from his military career flashback by the timely placement of a stim-patch, Murphy takes a moment to gather his focus on what has happened while he was out cold. Obviously that explosion had taken its toll on is body more than he first thought. Looking around for the landscape for the rest of his gear he remembers back to seeing the critters eating the humvee and his carry along gear being in the back of the vehicle at the time. I guess those are the only casualties so far. With no medkit available to heal his wounds Murphy takes stock of what gear he has remaining. Looks like weapons and ammo are secure.

Murphy ejects the partially spent clip from his Colt M22A3 and begins reloading it with Ex-ex ammo stored from the ammo pouch built into his armor. Checking to make sure the weapon itself wasn't damaged from the blast he begins reloading mini-grenades into the under barrel launcher. Firing order should be Flashbang, Frag, Frag, HE leaving two spots open in case the need for special alternatives comes up in a pinch. Loading the High Explosive round into the weapon Murphy remembers back to the mushroom cloud set off by the last time he fired an HE grenade.

"That sure was pretty." Murphy mumbles under his breath with a smile crossing his face.
LordArcana
Murphy : Vashon Island, Putnam Projects, SW 249th Lane

While Murphy loads the clip for his Colt he listens to Crispy talk to the locals about what he assumes is their mother. A happenstance glance up at one of the children at just the right time fills his head with nightmarish memories of his early career days along Hellbender Vale. Paranormal seems to be the theme to this island. Sure would have been nice to have had that bit of intel before starting this op. Trying his best to be nonchalant Murphy finishes loading the clip with ammo and inserts it back into the weapon. He stands up leaning heavily on the frame of a couch for support.

Murphy moves to a corner of the same room standing guard over the situation making every effort to anticipate possible worst case scenarios. At the same time he makes it a point to observe each of the locals for anything else that appears to make them look paranormal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012