Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR5 on Amazon?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bearclaw
http://www.amazon.com/Shadowrun-Fifth-Edit...words=shadowrun

Is this legit?
bannockburn
Amazon Pre-Order guarantee is usually legit, yes.
That doesn't mean they know a release date wink.gif
Bearclaw
I see July 3 2013
bannockburn
Again: Amazon pulls numbers out of orifices that are usually used as exits.
The first official release date will come from CGL.

No reason not to save money, though.
binarywraith
Jesus, they're retailing this thing at $60? That's not the funny kind of joke.
Epicedion
QUOTE (binarywraith @ Jun 20 2013, 07:33 PM) *
Jesus, they're retailing this thing at $60? That's not the funny kind of joke.

Sadly, while we were all internetting, the cost to print a book skyrocketed.

That's not snark, either. They're really damned expensive.
tasti man LH
Yeesh, as if the Pathfinder Core Rulebook wasn't expensive enough...
Bull
As a note, the book is 480 pages, hardback, full color. These days, $60 is fairly reasonable for a book that size.

Also, Catalyst just announced the release date: http://www.catalystgamelabs.com/2013/06/20...r-release-date/

Amazon doesn't have a clue.
Grinder
It's just the release for the PDF - for the print version I read "sometimes in August".
hermit
$60 is a fair price for a full-colour hardcover book. I'm expecting the Pegasus rulesbook to be around €80 to €100, which would equal $100 to $130. So long as it's solidly bound and will not fall apart at the third readthrough, I'm fine with that price, actually.
Bearclaw
Amazon now says September 5 for the print release. Does anyone know if this is official?
Jhaiisiin
As mentioned before, it's not official if it didn't come directly from CGL.
White Buffalo
QUOTE (hermit @ Jun 22 2013, 11:55 AM) *
$60 is a fair price for a full-colour hardcover book. I'm expecting the Pegasus rulesbook to be around €80 to €100, which would equal $100 to $130. So long as it's solidly bound and will not fall apart at the third readthrough, I'm fine with that price, actually.

$130 for an RPG book, did Eroupe run out of trees? What are the printing costs over on your side of the pond?
Sendaz
ShadowrunRun™

Where Runners smuggle RPGs across the Pond to feed Europe's Gaming Black Market.
Shinxy
I got an email from Amazon today telling me my pre-order of SR5 is expected to arrive on August 30. YMMV.
Bearclaw
Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on June 23, 2013 (Order# 110-3448114-4061038):

"Shadowrun Fifth Edition"
Estimated arrival date: September 03, 2013 - September 05, 2013

If you want to check on the progress of your order, take a look at this page in Your Account:
eidolon
I'll tell you, no amount of pages or shine will make me drop $60 on a first printing with all the damn errors, typos, and other various general mistakes that'll be there. Maybe by the third if it makes it that far.
Bigity
That's my thought as well. I can always download an updated PDF. I can't get a new book without dropping another 60.
Bearclaw
Amazon's pre-order price was $35. That's why I got it smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012