Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fifth Edition Character Sheet
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
LurkerOutThere
Anyone already created a PDF of the fifth edition sheet? I'm going to run a character gen session tomorrow and i'd prefer not to have to adapt something or photocopy the book.
CitM
Is there something new on this?
Brutus PI
I guess we will have one soon, but it would be really nice to have one now.
DWC
Why is it that character sheets in books always suck? Is it that the graphic artists are obsessed with taking up space with artwork that unifies the sheet with the game book? Is it that the sheet is designed by someone who doesn't actually play the game?
KarmaInferno
Most RPG companies don't hire full on classicly trained graphic designers. Generally because they can't afford to, especially when they can have their writers and editors and other folks learn some graphic design skills as a result of getting the layout and formatting duties dumped on them.

-k
Patrick Goodman
Matt's a pretty sharp guy, and I think the sheet in the back of SR5 is actually pretty decent. YMMV, of course, on both counts, but it's actually a pretty good sheet and pretty printer-friendly.

I can't answer any questions about why it's not up yet, but I'd hazard a guess that it's got something to do with the book not being out yet. That's just a guess, though.
Wired_SR_AEGIS
QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ Jun 23 2013, 01:24 AM) *
Anyone already created a PDF of the fifth edition sheet? I'm going to run a character gen session tomorrow and i'd prefer not to have to adapt something or photocopy the book.

I wouldn't mind taking a peak at it myself, as I need to code it up pretty soon into its magnificent transition into jaw droppingly beautiful 16 ANSI colors, compressed into 78 characters per horizontal line. nyahnyah.gif

-Wired_SR_AEGIS
CanRay
Generic sheets in general tend to not be too good, because you're trying to cram all the character types into one or two pages. Specific build sheets are slightly better.

I like binder sheet builds myself. But I'm insane and print out a lot.
Epicedion
So long as there's actually space to write in.

Most RPG character sheets have the problem of setting the lines too close together.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 3 2013, 03:51 PM) *
Generic sheets in general tend to not be too good, because you're trying to cram all the character types into one or two pages. Specific build sheets are slightly better.

I like binder sheet builds myself. But I'm insane and print out a lot.

Yeah, me too. smile.gif
Jhaiisiin
Once I get my SR5 book copy, I'll update the Wordman sheets to SR5 compatibility.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012