Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Limits?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JamesX5
I am a little bit confused about the benefits of introducing this mechanic. How were limits intended to provide a better/richer/more even gaming experience?
thorya
May I politely suggest that you review several of the threads discussing SR5. Particularly the ones discussing limits. Search for posts by Critias, Aaron, Bull, and Patrick Goodman. Limits have been discussed, explained, and debated at length already and another thread debating them will likely be unproductive and just yield the same posts that you can find there.

A link to a past discussion-
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=38950
Seerow
Basic gist of it that I can tell is that they wanted another thing besides dice pool and threshold that could be modified by gear, so you don't end up with so much dicepool bloat, and limits was what they came up with. So now a lot of the things that used to be +dicepools are instead +limits.

There was also some discussion of Agi being too much of a superstat, and limits gave them a way to put more emphasis on other attributes, how much sense it made that your stealth limit has everything to do with strength and nothing to do with agi be damned.
JamesX5
QUOTE (thorya @ Jun 26 2013, 04:22 PM) *
May I politely suggest that you review several of the threads discussing SR5. Particularly the ones discussing limits. Search for posts by Critias, Aaron, Bull, and Patrick Goodman. Limits have been discussed, explained, and debated at length already and another thread debating them will likely be unproductive and just yield the same posts that you can find there.

Thanks. I knew there would be some answers.

Now, if was able to close this thread ...
CanRay
QUOTE (Seerow @ Jun 26 2013, 10:31 AM) *
...how much sense it made that your stealth limit has everything to do with strength and nothing to do with agi be damned.
It's the back-up Stealth Skill.

"You see me?" "Yes." "You DON'T seem me!" *Bends metal pipe* "Hey, I'm talking to myself!"
ChromeZephyr
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 26 2013, 12:47 PM) *
It's the back-up Stealth Skill.

"You see me?" "Yes." "You DON'T seem me!" *Bends metal pipe* "Hey, I'm talking to myself!"

Heh, the old "Hida Kisada is a Ninja" routine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012