Link to kickstarter page

Now here is something I can finally get behind

i certainly hope so!
Backgammon
Looks interesting
Critias
I'm just gonna leave this here, while trying to look innocent. cyber.gif
Wired_SR_AEGIS
Wow. This is excellent considering Syndicate should probably be ranked competitively among the top 50 games ever created.

-Wired_SR_AEGIS
Adam
The subject line seems to imply that Syndicate wasn't done right the first time. wink.gif

Satelllite Reigns looks pretty sweet, though. Interesting interview with one of the creators here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/07/02...ulation-legacy/
Critias
QUOTE (Adam @ Jul 3 2013, 05:44 PM) *
The subject line seems to imply that Syndicate wasn't done right the first time. wink.gif

I think it's more that it wasn't done right the most recent time; with the FPS. By all accounts it was a reasonably good game (the trailers certainly looked pretty slick, at least), it just wasn't what folks wanted from the franchise.
Stahlseele
Unity Engine:
The best thing to happen to Nostalgia . .
Now somebody needs to take a look at Fallout that is not in 1st Person <.<
Adam
QUOTE (Critias @ Jul 3 2013, 08:12 PM) *
I think it's more that it wasn't done right the most recent time; with the FPS. By all accounts it was a reasonably good game (the trailers certainly looked pretty slick, at least), it just wasn't what folks wanted from the franchise.

Oh yeah, had totally forgotten that reboot even existed. biggrin.gif
Critias
From what I heard, it wasn't even that terrible...it just wasn't, well, Syndicate. No squad-based stuff, no tactical side of things, etc. Kind of like the Shadowrun X-Box game just wasn't what people wanted.

But anyways, Satellite Reign promises to be pretty cool, and I'm a fan of their fiction guy ( wink.gif ) so I hope folks check it out.
Blade
I had a lot of fun with Syndicate when I was a kid. When I played it later, I realized it had very little challenge. Once you understood the base tactics, only a handful of missions (like the last one) would offer a challenge.

Syndicate Wars is generally less well appreciated, but it's actually the better tactical game of the two. It's very challenging and most missions require a different approach from the previous one.
Backgammon
FWIW the new xbox syndicate game had good gameplay, good story and very good atmosphere. It was just SHORT as all fuck. I blew through it in a week, in about 7 or 8 hours I think. Like, wtf? Definately worth the rental though. Well, its probably in your local store's discount bin for 5$ anyway.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Blade @ Jul 4 2013, 11:08 AM) *
I had a lot of fun with Syndicate when I was a kid. When I played it later, I realized it had very little challenge. Once you understood the base tactics, only a handful of missions (like the last one) would offer a challenge.

Syndicate Wars is generally less well appreciated, but it's actually the better tactical game of the two. It's very challenging and most missions require a different approach from the previous one.

nowadays something procedurally generated would offer more challenge.

but at the time as a Kid .. Syndicate blew my mind ! on my Amiga I would lose days playing it ... the atmosphere was jsut .. wow

and as X-com EU .. I hindered myself to add challenge .. full playthrough with only the original team .. or

frag me ... full playthrough with only persuad-a-tron ! .... that device .. man ... that device !! smile.gif

I'm having a full on man cave nostalgia moment here just thinking about all the good stuff I loved in that game

mission completion via vehicular manslaughter .... now there was a challenge
Mach_Ten
TEN days left .. 100k left to target

they've released some stretch goals that include new maps and agencies as well as destructable terrain

I'm stoked, hoping this makes it all the way
Stahlseele
wish i could contribute a bit, but i can't.
also hope it will make it to the finish line.
Critias
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 18 2013, 08:44 AM) *
they've released some stretch goals that include new maps and agencies as well as destructable terrain

And also bringing a certain someone in a little more hands-on, tackling a bunch of in-game stuff instead of just a novella. cyber.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Critias @ Jul 18 2013, 10:20 PM) *
And also bringing a certain someone in a little more hands-on, tackling a bunch of in-game stuff instead of just a novella. cyber.gif

Did you attend the CanRay school of trumpet blowing ? biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 4 2013, 11:36 PM) *
frag me ... full playthrough with only persuad-a-tron ! .... that device .. man ... that device !! smile.gif
I played a little bit of Syndicate, and that's about the only thing I remember about it, the persuad-a-tron. So iconic...

QUOTE (Critias @ Jul 4 2013, 03:01 AM) *
I'm just gonna leave this here, while trying to look innocent. cyber.gif
Now we have a picture to go with the name...this crossing from the virtual to the meat world is a little disconcerting...
Critias
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 19 2013, 01:54 AM) *
Did you attend the CanRay school of trumpet blowing ? biggrin.gif

Shit, I'm not nearly consistent enough at it for that. wink.gif
Grinder
One week left and still 80,000 dollars away from the goal. That's going to be tough.
Mach_Ten
Added a gameplay video update due to popular demand

Looks AWESOME
Grinder
Backed!
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Grinder @ Jul 21 2013, 10:48 PM) *
Backed!

For a Dragon, you're actually a decent chap smile.gif
Stahlseele
only 3K Missing.
If only 30 people each gave about 100 bucks, it'd be done . .
Grinder
Funded!
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Grinder @ Jul 24 2013, 05:37 PM) *
Funded!

yay!
now to hope non backers will be able to get it without credit card as well . .
Critias
There's a plan for a Paypal slacker-backer option, last I heard.
Critias
And it's over the hump, btw. wink.gif

Funded!

We've still got stretch goals to go, though, so here's hoping!
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Critias @ Jul 24 2013, 10:56 PM) *
There's a plan for a Paypal slacker-backer option, last I heard.

paypal does not like my bank account.
no backing for me here i am afraid <.<

plans for a steam release?
Grinder
nuyen.gif
QUOTE (Critias @ Jul 24 2013, 10:59 PM) *
We've still got stretch goals to go, though, so here's hoping!

Well... not much hoping, though.
Critias
Nah, I think they've got decent odds of hitting two, maybe even three of 'em.
Grinder
Dunno, raising $75,000 for the third stretchgoal in just 3 days... it's ambitious.
Stahlseele
not very probable at all
Critias
Do you guys not recognize the ambivalence of words like "decent odds" and "maybe even?"
Stahlseele
the first two are pretty much a given, if it continues like it is going right now i'd guess . .
Grinder
QUOTE (Critias @ Jul 25 2013, 02:14 PM) *
Do you guys not recognize the ambivalence of words like "decent odds" and "maybe even?"

wobble.gif
Critias
And PayPal's open, for the last couple days of pledging: hit it!

Get to it! Spread the word! Bring the cyberpunk!
Stahlseele
don't think they can make the price your purdy mouth is askin'
also, i don't believe they'll make it to destructable terrain sadly.

i'll have to see if i can get somebody to do kickstarter for me.
Critias
We negotiated a pretty industry-standard pennies-per-word gig, with a fairly conservative word count estimate, trust me. It's not like I'm asking for £500,000 to take the gig or something. wink.gif There's been some talk of sort of "mini-tiers," especially at that level, breaking things down a bit so that if they don't quite hit that level, some of those stretch goals will still be reached. Truth is, having me shoulder a lot of writing means less work for the devs/coders, while new factions and districts means more work for them. So even if they don't quite hit 500k, we're hoping to be able to work something out.
Stahlseele
so why's the goal with you in it so high? O.o
Critias
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 27 2013, 06:32 AM) *
so why's the goal with you in it so high? O.o

Seriously, dude, you just assumed "my purdy mouth" was demanding like fifty thousand pounds or something? Jesus.

And I imagine it's that high because they lumped a bunch of stretch goals together, instead of spreading them out every ten or fifteen thousand pounds that come in. More realistically, for instance, the tiers could be (and may yet be) set up like "440, destructible terrain, 455 cyberpunk writer, 465 Eternals as a Faction, 475 Red Mafia as a Faction, 490 The Grid district, 500k Industrial City district," or something like that. Instead they lumped 'em all together and made one mega-tier at 500k. Realistically, there's stuff they can afford at much lower prices, but that's just how some Kickstarters get set up.

But -- once again -- at this point I'm just a freelancer, so that sort of decision making's above my pay grade. I can't tell you exactly why the stretch goals are set up the way they are, because I'm not the one that set them up. We talked about how much work we thought things'd be, we pitched some ideas around, we settled on a ballpark figure that's pretty median-low per word for the industry...the marketing/stretch goal side of things is outta my hands.
Stahlseele
they should have put you into one of the lower ones, i like reading your stuff . .
and yes, i had assumed that you would be getting that much, not that you demanded that much.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 27 2013, 01:45 AM) *
don't think they can make the price your purdy mouth is askin'
also, i don't believe they'll make it to destructable terrain sadly.

i'll have to see if i can get somebody to do kickstarter for me.

so far, wrong on both counts.. thankfully you are neither a weatherman nor a prophet of the lord...

Update #34 destructable terrain established and plenty of last minute cash arriving per second to be able to secure us some Zimmerman Luvvin'
Stahlseele
they actually managed to do it? o.o
very impressive.
Critias
Plus there's PayPal cash comin' in that Kickstarter doesn't, if I understand correctly, automatically update with (and slacker backer cash comin' in elsewhere). Odds're good I'll have some extra writing to do over the next year or so. wink.gif
Stahlseele
damn it . . and none of my credit card or paypal buddies are available for me to conduct business through <.<
Grinder
QUOTE (Critias @ Jul 28 2013, 11:40 PM) *
Plus there's PayPal cash comin' in that Kickstarter doesn't, if I understand correctly, automatically update with (and slacker backer cash comin' in elsewhere). Odds're good I'll have some extra writing to do over the next year or so. wink.gif

"Your" stretch goal didn't make it or is there any chance that enough paypal-money will come in the next days? Would be awesome. smile.gif
Sengir
So, Early Access is around the corner, who is going to wade in?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Sengir @ Dec 11 2014, 11:29 PM) *
So, Early Access is around the corner, who is going to wade in?

I had BETA access via the KS but decided I want the full experience so am waiting for it to mature.

been following it religiously every monthly update ... and I must say, I am salivating just a bit !!

Stahlseele
ah, it has Steam Early Access.
THAT i can actually make use of, as soon as i manage to wire some money into my steam wallet <.<
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012