Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distopic Idea
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SirBedevere
I thought I’d put this distopic idea here for comments; apologies if it’s already been written about.

As corporations basically ‘own’ their simsense and other idorus and I can see the corporation trademarking the idorus’ face and licensing it to cosmetic surgery clinics for those who wish to look like their idoru. I can also, unfortunately, see the same happening to child idorus with pushy parents getting their kids done.*

As the corporations want to gouge every nuyen they can, the licensed clinics will be expensive, leading to illegal black-market clinics offering cheaper services. Doubtless, organised crime will take a cut (where else are the black clinics going to get their drugs, medical or otherwise from), which might explain where some street docs originated. When the bunraku brothels came along there was a ready-made service for sculpting the ‘dolls’ to the clients requirements.

*I imagine deep in the small print is the clause: “Even though your child now looks like (insert idoru name here) at age X, there is no guarantee that they will continue to look like the said person at the same age as the child continues to grow.”
CanRay
Corporations own Media today.

And Lara Croft has been a major character whose RL characters have increased in bust size as the Virtual Character has decreased it. wink.gif
Backgammon
QUOTE (SirBedevere @ Jul 4 2013, 12:42 PM) *
I thought I’d put this distopic idea here for comments; apologies if it’s already been written about.

As corporations basically ‘own’ their simsense and other idorus and I can see the corporation trademarking the idorus’ face and licensing it to cosmetic surgery clinics for those who wish to look like their idoru. I can also, unfortunately, see the same happening to child idorus with pushy parents getting their kids done.*

Good stuff
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (SirBedevere @ Jul 4 2013, 12:42 PM) *

That seems... Perfectly reasonable, actually. Pretty darn tame by Shadowrun standards, even.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012