Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Type O System and Deltaware
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Hartbaine
I'm sure this has been asked, but I wasn't able to locate it anywhere.

If you have Type O System and Deltaware Bioware, what is the final essence cost on a piece of bioware? It can't be 0.0, that seems awfully unbalancing. If someone could help me out, or just direct me to where the explanation is defined for me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance guys/gals.
Medicineman
No Prob smile.gif
I think You got something wrong ,
Type O is for basic,standard Bioware only .Neither for Alpha,Beta nor Deltaware

With a forbidden Dance
Medicineman
bannockburn
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Jul 7 2013, 04:15 PM) *

Debatable. Augmentation, p.20 says: "Off the rack, basic bioware is considered delta grade".
'Basic' can refer to basic grade or basic ware (thus excluding cultured).
However, there is no grade that's called 'basic'. Grades are Used, Standard, Alphaware, Betaware and Deltaware, so it's reasonable to assume that every type of basic bioware implant counts as having its essence cost halved, while e.g. a synaptic accelerator would be excluded.
Furthermore, 'Off the rack' would include alpha grade.

Source:
QUOTE (Augmentation @ p. 126)
Bioware (type O) is available ready-made in basic and alpha grades from a number of corporate suppliers and bio-banks. Betagrade and better bioware must also be tailored to and grown from the intended recipient’s tissue, just like cultured neurological bioware.

It's not quite as clear as you make it out to be, however the point stands: Beta and Delta grade bioware are excluded from the multiplier of Type 0 System.
Medicineman
Sorry ,but I've seen this Discussion way to often to reply

He who wön't dance this Dance
Medicineman
bannockburn
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Jul 7 2013, 05:05 PM) *
Sorry ,but I've seen this Discussion way to often to reply

Obviously not wink.gif
Mäx
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Jul 7 2013, 05:15 PM) *
No Prob smile.gif
I think You got something wrong ,

No what he got wrong was the effect the quality has.
With that quality all basic(what one takes that to mean doesn't really matter to his question) bioware is considered delta grade, so in other words only difference a grade would make is that price goes up, essence cots is always that of delta grade.
Novocrane
Cyberware and bioware is available in four grades: standard, alphaware, betaware, and deltaware.

Bioware is divided into basic and cultured. Neither of those are grades.
KarmaInferno
The grade chart in an early print of the non-Anniversary 4th edition corebook used the word "basic" instead of "standard".

Additionally, "Basic" is what "Standard" used to be called in earlier editions. I suspect whoever wrote the Type O entry may have been thinking of that at the time.

-k
bannockburn
QUOTE (Novocrane @ Jul 8 2013, 01:48 AM) *
Bioware is divided into basic and cultured. Neither of those are grades.

Incorrect. While it's true that there are two types of bioware (basic being available off the shelf as type 0 in standard and alpha grade, and cultured having the requirement of being custom-tailored to the recipient), all kinds are further divided into grades.

Sources:
QUOTE (SR4a @ p. 313)
Cyberware and bioware are available in four grades: standard, alphaware, betaware, and deltaware.

QUOTE (Augmentation @ p. 127)
Cultured bioware may also be alpha, beta, or delta grade.

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Jul 8 2013, 04:32 AM) *
The grade chart in an early print of the non-Anniversary 4th edition corebook used the word "basic" instead of "standard".

Additionally, "Basic" is what "Standard" used to be called in earlier editions. I suspect whoever wrote the Type O entry may have been thinking of that at the time.

Yes, that's why I said that it's debatable, and that it could refer to basic grade as well as basic ware. I just didn't want to elaborate that far smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012