Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More about an SR3 soundtrack
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Smiley
I'm listening to the Akira soundtrack ('Kaneda' in particular... I love that song) and i was wondering who knows of any other music in a similar vein. Sort of a 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' martial arts feel. (And yes, I'm aware that the movie was a cinematic suppository. I'm just talking about the music.) Anyone?
Arethusa
Check out more of Tan Dun and Yo-Yo Ma's traditional Chinese work. It's quite good. And I have no idea what's wrong with you for thinking Crouching Tiger was a 'cinematic suppository.'
Kakkaraun
I second Arethusa. Die horribly. smile.gif
Smiley
Are you serious? The whole thing was just an excuse for some cheesy special effects and some even cheesier flying-around. There was no PLOT, man.
Adam
You know, I really don't understand why someone should start a thread on one topic, but include an off-topic comment that had the very real potential - as shown here - to derail the thread by the third post. I just don't get it.
Kakkaraun
I don't fucking care about plot. The girl was cute enough to get me through the parts where they weren't killing one another...and the parts where they were...well, those kicked ass.
Arethusa
QUOTE (Adam)
You know, I really don't understand why someone should start a thread on one topic, but include an off-topic comment that had the very real potential - as shown here - to derail the thread by the third post. I just don't get it.

Hey, I saw it coming to, but he started it. And he damn well deserved it, too.

Anyway, it had a relatively thin plot, yes. It also had absolutely fucking stunning cinematography, strong performances, good direction, and exceptional choreography. Cinematic suppository? Please.
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (Arethusa)
Cinematic suppository?

*looks at the title* I didn't think this thread was going to be about Matrix Revolutions...
Kakkaraun
^I keel you! I KEEL YOU!
Adam
So. Shadowrun soundtracks.
Kakkaraun
Thrash electronic metal type stuff...that's what they listen to in Shadowrun. Not friggin' Yo-Yo Ma.
Fresno Bob
fucking stunning cinematography, strong performances, good direction, and exceptional choreography.

These things do not make up for a weak plot. If a movie has no sense of self, it falls to pieces. I for one thought the choreagraphy was weak, and the flying was just an excuse. And the whole scene in the trees? Please.

But that's not the point. Music I use in Shadowrun is usually just I play some (loud) music when they go to a club/bar.
Austere Emancipator
Call me Mr Spoilsport
Shadowrun: The Soundtrack, What do you recommend?
Shadowrun Soundtrack
Game Soundtrack, What music do you game to?
Shadowrunning Music, Time to beat a dead horse!

Let's get back to CTHD, then! Zhang Ziyi... We need a :drool: emoticon. Till then, love.gif will have to do.
Kakkaraun
Why the hell are you playing Shadowrun if you didn't like the scene in the trees? Or did you just wholly eliminate physads from your game?
Fresno Bob
Actually, no I didn't. Maybe my players have enough sense to not fucking run around on pine trees! I'm sorry though. I didn't know my enjoyment of the damn tree scene was the yardstick I have to measure my enjoyment of Shadowrun by. And man, at the end of that movie, I didn't even know the character's goddamn names. That, is sloppy filmwork. And then the movie just jumped suddenly into that chick with the dude in the desert. What the hell was up with that?

Hmm...I'm going to strike that and my previous remark from the record, and offer this.

Why did the thread have to be derailed in the first place. Why did Arethusa and Kakkarun feel compelled to say they thought the movie was good. Are they representatives of the company that made the film? Probably not. Perhaps they thought that "Hmm, this guy assumes everyone here doesn't like the movie! I must present a differing statement, lest he include me in that group! Because, oh, heavens forbid that some guy, living 3000 damn miles away, assume I don't like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon!" Or maybe they were merely trying to show him a different viewpoint, in the hopes that they would change the opinion of the movie that he formed while watching it.

My point? He may have included a potentially thread derailing comment, but you chose to act on it.
A Clockwork Lime
The way I read it, he was actually trying to do the opposite -- stop a possible derail before it could begin by "agreeing" that it was a "bad movie" so no one would feel the need to say as much. No doubt caused iby a similar derailment in the past, and thus leading to this thread which is probably going to leave him with a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation in his head.
Kakkaraun
I think everyone is quite fucking justified in asserting that, "No, /you/ don't get to tell me what my opinion is, Mr. Jackass Good-Movie-Hater." Or whatever. You open a can of worms, you expect to have worms around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012