M'kay, the rules errata is not the right place for the layout stuff and PDF-file issues so I thought there should be a thread of its own for this thing. This is no way official but I hope those who can affect these issue would have a look what is in here.

I had problems like my quote will show and felt pretty pissed off a while but try to keep it civil even though you have encountered some problem. Report your layout related issues here and with a luck someone who can do something about them sees this.

QUOTE (Brutus PI @ Jul 11 2013, 12:11 PM) *
Not actual rule/spelling error but the last two huge horizontal scenery images of the PDF is really messing up some PDF readers like Preview in OS X.

This makes all other pages to scale down to really tiny size. I can naturally zoom in but that is just dump. Documents like these really should pick a page size and stick to it. Putting different sized pages is really bad layout decision unless you want to piss off your reader. Some PDF-readers will get around this but not all. I was able to remove the last pages with PDF editor program which is really the only way to fix the PDF.

Please fix the layout issue. Remove the last pages (and publish them separately) or at least rotate them and choose the same width as the other pages.

DriveThruRPG has now a new version of the file...with extra pages of these big images. I mean they are pretty but just in a really bad place. At least there is a the bookmarks in the file now.

QUOTE (Temperance @ Jul 11 2013, 05:32 PM) *
I had the same issue with the SR5 pdf using pdf xchange viewer. The weird formatting caused other problems too, like left and right arrows to navigate pages stopped working. Instead it shifted the page left and right incrementally.

-Temperance

This issue affect other PDF-reader programs too. Not just OS X's Preview. If someone is using Adobe Reader could they check how the big pages in the end affect?

QUOTE (Critias @ Jul 11 2013, 02:02 PM) *
As mentioned in the other thread, our best guess is this is some sort of formatting error, an earlier version being released on accident, etc, etc. I've emailed and PM'ed folks about the problems with this DTRPG pdf, to let 'em know, and I'm sure once folks wake up some kind of ball will start rollin'. I let 'em know about the images in the back and the bookmarks thing.

Our layout guy loves doing layout too much, I can't imagine a non-bookmarked copy being our "final," y'know? Several of the reviewers commented about how nice the bookmarks were on their pdf copies, so this just has to be some kind of screw-up. It'll get fixed.

Good to hear. Really hope that both the layout and bookmarks are being looked at.

QUOTE (DWC @ Jul 11 2013, 05:35 PM) *
Weird. It works great in Goodreader for iOS. Then again, Goodreader is the Honey Badger of PDF viewers.

I found it worked much better with Goodreader for iOS too. It cant handle the huge images so it minimizes those. Not really ideal but at least you can read the document.

The only way to fix the big pages issue at the moment is just to remove them. Because the PDF is protected and some PDF-readers offer very little editing functionality you need a PDF editor and a way around the protection. Because of some crazy laws that say you don't have the right to enjoy the content you bought I really can't say how the protection can be circumvented. So, I'm hoping the people at Catalyst will fix this.