Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shamanists & Elementalists
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Wired_SR_AEGIS
I seem to recall in SR3 that an Aspected Magician could either be an Elementalist or a Shamanist, in addition to being either a Sorcerer or a Conjurer. Such Aspected Magicians could both use Sorcery and Conjure, following restrictions that they could only use Sorcery of a specific type (Manipulation, Combat, etc), and Conjure specific types of Spirits/Elementals.

Doesn't seem like that made it into SR 5.

Did it ever make it into SR 4?

-Wired_SR_AEGIS
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Wired_SR_AEGIS @ Jul 12 2013, 03:05 PM) *
I seem to recall in SR3 that an Aspected Magician could either be an Elementalist or a Shamanist, in addition to being either a Sorcerer or a Conjurer. Such Aspected Magicians could both use Sorcery and Conjure, following restrictions that they could only use Sorcery of a specific type (Manipulation, Combat, etc), and Conjure specific types of Spirits/Elementals.

Doesn't seem like that made it into SR 5.

Did it ever make it into SR 4?

-Wired_SR_AEGIS

Made it into SR4, sort of.
smile.gif
Wired_SR_AEGIS
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 12 2013, 11:44 PM) *
Made it into SR4, sort of.
smile.gif

Would you mind expanding on that, a little?

-Wired_SR_AEGIS
Sendaz
You could buy 3 magic traits: Adept , Mystic Adept and Full Mage.

Adepts were the ones with powers internal, Mystic Adepts sitting on the fence using both internal powers and external spells and Mages were the pure spellslingers.

You could take a tradition and this could dictate what sort of spells you could cast and which spirits you could summon, but you would still need to be either a Mage or a mystic adept for this. An adept could follow the tradtion as well, but since they didn't cast spells or summon it was more for flavour in their case.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Wired_SR_AEGIS @ Jul 12 2013, 04:04 PM) *
Would you mind expanding on that, a little?

-Wired_SR_AEGIS

I would, but I am off to my weekly Shadowrun Game (SR4A, Of Course). smile.gif wobble.gif
We will see if my Mystic Adept can survive another run.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012