Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the SR5 Release Schedule?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
DnDer
I checked the website, and it sent me to DriveThruRPG or BattleShop. I buy my books from my FLGS, so I'm not terribly inclined to create an account and give personal information to someone I'm not even buying stuff from.

SR5, as a hardcopy hits shelves next month. That much I've been able to catch. What about the other stuff like the Toolkit?

(Yes, I'm sure this has been answered probably 100 times already, but my search-fu is bad. Found lots of interesting information about SR5, but no release schedule, per se.)
ScooterinAB
I'm not quote sure I understand your whole post.

As far as the release schedule goes, I'd read the Year of Shadowrun article. That's really all we have to go on. Technically, Shadowrun 5th hasn't even been released yet (if you consider the PDF and the Origins printing as preview material), so there really isn't much in the pipeline that can be talked about. Most companies don't talk about upcoming releases until they are ready to print, since projects can be canceled or delayed.

I'm not sure what your concern with DriveThru or BattleShop is. It's not like either is asking for a sample of your blood or your social security number. You are just creating a login account.
Abstruse
The PDF is the official release of the game and is the same material that will be in the print edition that will ship in "mid August". The only other confirmed books is Sprawl Wild, which is a collection of adventure compatible with SR4A and SR5 (this is a compilation of Missions adventures I think from Season 4 with errata and SR5 stats being the only difference). This is out now as a PDF.

As far as future releases, they haven't made any announcements yet, but there was a Q&A on the RPGnet chatroom with Jason Hardy where I asked him about the release for the "core sourcebooks" (Matrix, Unwired, Augmentation, etc. style books) and his response was: [We're] spacing them out for a few months, ideally. We don't want to make people wait a year or anything for, say, the combat book, but we also don't want to overload people. Or the writers or playtesters.
DnDer
QUOTE (ScooterinAB @ Jul 16 2013, 03:06 PM) *
I'm not quote sure I understand your whole post.

As far as the release schedule goes, I'd read the Year of Shadowrun article. That's really all we have to go on. Technically, Shadowrun 5th hasn't even been released yet (if you consider the PDF and the Origins printing as preview material), so there really isn't much in the pipeline that can be talked about. Most companies don't talk about upcoming releases until they are ready to print, since projects can be canceled or delayed.

I'm not sure what your concern with DriveThru or BattleShop is. It's not like either is asking for a sample of your blood or your social security number. You are just creating a login account.

The places I found to download the YoSR article were on DriveThruRPG or BattleShop (linked to through the SR5 official site). Both require me to create an account to download the free PDF.

I did not want to download the free PDF, if it meant registering for either of those sites. I don't buy from them, so I don't want an account where I'm not going to do business. Especially for a promotional document.

The only thing I'm really interested in is a street date for the SR5 book, and whatever Runner's Toolkit they're assembling for SR5. I understand now there is no hard-and-fast date for either product. The fact that there is no street date, as such, disappoints me. Not finding the YoSR as even a stand-in calendar available on the SR5 site was even more disappointing.
Patrick Goodman
Here's the Year of Shadowrun announcement with the big picture of what's going on.
Lurker37
Page 14 of Preview 5 shows graphics of the five items you can get for SR:O from unique codes in Shadowrun,fifth Edition print books and box sets products. The products listed against these items are:

Shadowrun, Fifth Edition
Shadowrun Introductory Box Set
Shadowrun: Crossfire
Shadowrun: Splintered States
Shadowrun: Stolen Souls

I for one would like to know more about the last two.
tasti man LH
I THINK that Splintered States is supposed to be the first SR5 sourcebook (it was said that it details Seattle for SR5 and talk about how to do extraction runs) and Stolen Souls is the first non-Missions published adventure module for SR5.

(and if I'm wrong, switch the two)
Abstruse
QUOTE (Lurker37 @ Jul 17 2013, 07:16 PM) *
Page 14 of Preview 5 shows graphics of the five items you can get for SR:O from unique codes in Shadowrun,fifth Edition print books and box sets products. The products listed against these items are:

Shadowrun, Fifth Edition
Shadowrun Introductory Box Set
Shadowrun: Crossfire
Shadowrun: Splintered States
Shadowrun: Stolen Souls

I for one would like to know more about the last two.

Shadowrun 5th and the Introductory Boxed Set are confirmed releases, the former shipping probably the first or second week of August based on what Hardy's said and the latter I believe is currently at the printers (which means probably a September release).

Crossfire is the Shadowrun deckbuilding card game, which doesn't have any relation to the RPG. It still looks very interesting as a tabletop game (though I'm still waiting for details on Sprawl Gangers). Splintered States I know nothing about, but Stolen Souls is going to be a 200+ page soucebook both print and PDF which goes into detail about the plot at the end of Storm Front (do not click on the spoilers if you haven't read that book because it's what sold me on CGL finally getting their drek together on how to do Shadowrun right).

[ Spoiler ]
lokii
The German Shadowhelix has this page with future releases that have been mentioned at some point (look at the right column for English publications). No, guarantees of course.

http://shadowhelix.pegasus.de/Shadowhelix:...6ffentlichungen

Maybe someone can replicate this for the English wiki or just a stickied post here on Dumpshock.
Sendaz
Our local game shop here in the UK has a waiting list for 15 players waiting for the hardcopy to come out, though the release date on this side of the big wet is still TBA.

Quite a few of them didn't even realize there was a PDF release until I went in to check on the hardcopy date and mentioned I had the pdf but was still wanting to get the book locally, always try to support the shop smile.gif. So nowa few oof the other GMs are getting their downloads to start raking through it all. Most of the rest will wait for the book, just that sort of preference in the area.

Now Abstruse mentioned Stolen Souls and mentioned what they are covering, but do any know more about info being released on the Infected and their changes or will that just be lumped into the New Runner Book like the old was?
Sengir
The Matrix chapter of SR5 also mentions "Data Trails" as the upcoming Matrix sourcebook...under the Resonance Realms heading, I'm sure somebody can provide the exact quote before I get back to my book wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012