Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyberware and Bioware essence costs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
forgarn
I have not been able to find it anywhere so I ask: are the essence costs the same as before where the higher number gets a discount? Can someone point me to the page that is on?

Thanks
Critias
There is no cyberware/bioware discount.
Abstruse
In a fix that SR4A should've done, all implants use Essence now. No complex formulas or anything, bioware and cyberware both cost Essence period. The Essence costs for bioware, however, are far lower than they are for cyberware. Example: Bone Lacing is about .5 per level, while Bone Density is .3 per level. However, Lacing gives you an Armor bonus which Density does not.
Chance359
Cyberware now costs about twice as much nuyen, and bioware about 3 times as much.
Wakshaani
QUOTE (Chance359 @ Jul 16 2013, 10:49 AM) *
Cyberware now costs about twice as much nuyen, and bioware about 3 times as much.

In some cases, true, in others, not so much.

Elfenlied
QUOTE (Chance359 @ Jul 16 2013, 05:49 PM) *

There are discounts as well. Bone Density Augmentation is a steal for what it does.
Medicineman
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Jul 16 2013, 11:52 AM) *
In some cases, true, in others, not so much.

and in some even more (Skillwires f.E. wink.gif )

with varible Dances
Medicineman
Abstruse
QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Jul 16 2013, 10:54 AM) *
There are discounts as well. Bone Density Augmentation is a steal for what it does.

Yes, but I still went with Bone Lacing for my character. Until we get FFBA, it's one of the few ways to boost Armor without getting hit by armor stacking penalties. And with APDS available at chargen, I want every point of Armor I can get.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012