Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proposal: SR5 Limited Edition Acronym
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
RunnerPaul
Shadowrun Tabletop has a long history of coming up with acronyms for the core rulebook, from the BBB (Big Blue Book/Big Black Book) to the acronym BABY which was used for the limited editions (I remember it standing for Big All Black Yearbook, but I've seen other old timers say that it was the Black And Blue Yearbook. Like Fastjack, our memories might not be what they once were.)

However SR5's Limited Edition presents a new challenge. It's red. The old acronyms won't fit. So my suggestion is Big Excellent All Red Dragonscale Yearbook.

BEARDY
Draco18s
QUOTE (RunnerPaul @ Jul 17 2013, 10:35 PM) *
BEARDY

a BEARDY dragon, eh?
binarywraith
I'm going to call it the HUBRIS.

Heavy Useless Book, Really Interesting Surface

Given that the rules within are about as well edited and functional as bad Pokemon fanfic just now. nyahnyah.gif
RHat
I'm lobbying for Grimmy.
Jhaiisiin
It always amazes me how polarized our culture (the geek culture) can be. People laud the rules on one side, and others decry them as the worst thing since the invention of Mondays.
Sendaz
QUOTE (binarywraith @ Jul 17 2013, 11:03 PM) *
Given that the rules within are about as well edited and functional as bad Pokemon fanfic just now. nyahnyah.gif

And yet you can't put down that Ash/Brock Yoai no matter how hard you try. nyahnyah.gif
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Jul 18 2013, 07:37 PM) *
It always amazes me how polarized our culture (the geek culture) can be. People laud the rules on one side, and others decry them as the worst thing since the invention of Mondays.

Hey, I resent that! I did good work when I invented Mondays! It's not my fault that bosses started abusing them!
Draco18s
QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Jul 18 2013, 06:37 AM) *

Mondays aren't so bad. It's Tuesday and Thursday I hate.
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jul 18 2013, 08:10 PM) *
Mondays aren't so bad. It's Tuesday and Thursday I hate.

Thank you. At least someone around here understands my genius.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Jul 18 2013, 01:12 PM) *
Thank you. At least someone around here understands my genius.

Genius is just one step removed from insanity... some might say, a really small step biggrin.gif

MY vote is going for DERP
Dragonscale Edition Rules Portfolio

**EDIT** to add usage clarification

One who, in an argument, takes a position, and when that position is destroyed by evidence and well-reasoned argument, acts as if the reasoned argument never happened, instead sticking to his original position while resorting to logical fallacies such as bad math, unwarranted assumptions, appeals to emotion, wishful thinking, false and deliberately misleading data and analysis, or ad-hominem attacks on his opponents. One who argues in bad faith.

"no that rule does not make any sense, let me grab my DERP to check!"
binarywraith
QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Jul 18 2013, 05:37 AM) *

Hey, on the whole I like the rules. They just have some serious, serious proofing problems that should have been fixed before committing to print is all. nyahnyah.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
First Place goes to DERP.
I think HUBRIS will take second place. smile.gif
Jhaiisiin
QUOTE (binarywraith @ Jul 18 2013, 07:10 AM) *
Hey, on the whole I like the rules. They just have some serious, serious proofing problems that should have been fixed before committing to print is all. nyahnyah.gif

My bad. I must have misunderstood your statements then. I usually take statements like "useless" and as "functional as a bad Pokeman fanfic" to be terms indicating your displeasure with the whole of the rules and that they literally do not and cannot function for you.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Jul 18 2013, 10:10 AM) *
"functional as a bad Pokeman fanfic"

Hey hey hey, Xenochu, I Choose You!: Judgement Day was awesome.
Jhaiisiin
I wouldn't know. Besides, I was quoting binarywraith. Wrath that way. wink.gif
Thanee
It is, quite obviously, the BRB.

Bye
Thanee
Warlordtheft
Wouldnt BRB suffice? (Big red book) Or am I just being my usual captain obvious self? grinbig.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Jul 18 2013, 04:32 PM) *
Wouldnt BRB suffice? (Big red book) Or am I just being my usual captain obvious self? grinbig.gif

naaah, I'll BRB while I check my BRB KK? THXBAI ... LOL XD

it's a bit .. internet, for my liking
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012