Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Setting Question in Fifth Edition
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ravor
Ok, I admit, it's been awhile since I've looked at Shadowrun as I've been playing around with the Hero System, but I do have a question involving this new edition, are the gritty "EVIL" Megacorps back where the term wageSLAVE means exactly what it says on the tin and the Pink Mohawks can run around happily pulling their stunts OR has the setting continued to drift away from it's cyberpunk roots and corp employees have virtually the same rights and freedoms that exist in today's world?
DWC
It is both. Shadowrun has gone from 1984 style-dystopia to A Brave New World. Life still sucks. It's just the most of the oppressed are so distracted with NERPS that they don't care. The place on the spectrum is a function of the GM.
RelentlessImp
Wait for some Shadowtalk. If Kane's still around, there's some pink mohawk going on.
binarywraith
QUOTE (RelentlessImp @ Jul 18 2013, 07:37 AM) *
Wait for some Shadowtalk. If Kane's still around, there's some pink mohawk going on.

Shadowtalk, like proofreading, has been removed due to budgetary constraints. spin.gif
White Buffalo
QUOTE (binarywraith @ Jul 18 2013, 01:54 PM) *
Shadowtalk, like proofreading, has been removed due to budgetary constraints. spin.gif

I hate called shots to the fluff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012