Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Runners Paradise
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
imperialus
Ok, so here's the OOC thread. I'll be keeping this post updated with links to character sheets and the like.

Oh, and try to let everyone get a post in before you post in this thread again. It will help keep stuff organized. Feel free to continue using the recruitment thread for OOC stuff until that's done.

Character List:
Slacker: Saburo “Jengo” Masao – Human, Face
Raiden: Katsuro “Katsu” Minamoto – Human, Mystic Adept
JohnathanC: “Bit Lee” - Human, Decker
Mr. Juan: George “Grinder” Earnest – Ork, Street Sam
RelentlessImp: Csilla Paws-in-Shadows Herceg – Dwarf, Cat Shaman
Slide: David “Breaker” Bell – Human, Rigger

IC Posting Format:
Anything spoken should go in "quotes" and I like the colour Cyan
If the dialogue is in any language other than English use red
Conversations over your comlink are in "quotes" and yellow
Text messaging and emails are also in yellow, but italicized and wrapped in <<angle brackets>>
Internal monologues or thinking are tan and italicized

Rolling Dice
Invisible Castle (which can be found here) is kinda the go to site for Shadowrun so I'll stick with tradition. It's a pretty straight forward dice roller. The format you'll be looking to use is Xd6.hits(5). For the first while at least, please detail out where the dice are coming from too. So for example:

Agility 5, Pistols 3, (External Smartgun +1, Take Aim +1) = 10 10d6.hits(5)=3

Also, if you use your street name as the character name, and my user name Imperialus as the campaign name it'll help keep things organized.

Misc "stuff"
On your first post in the thread please list the gear you are carrying/wearing, what grid your comlink is on, and whether or not your cyber has its wireless disabled or not, that sort of thing. Whenever you change your gear, then edit the post and update it. Otherwise I'll assume that what you have listed, is what you have.
imperialus
Reserved
RelentlessImp
Short Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Current Setup & Gear
[ Spoiler ]

Long Sheet
[ Spoiler ]
Raiden
[ Spoiler ]

Mister Juan
George "Grinder" Earnest

The Long Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Current Setup & Gear
[ Spoiler ]
RelentlessImp
I'm never sure how far to go in an introductory post; whether the GM wants us to give some in-the-life details and then go to the meet, show up at the meet, or just do a 'message received' post.
Slacker
[ Spoiler ]
Slide
Ok so cyber eyes come with image link so that they can see AR. But it doesn't really call them wireless (WTF). I'm assuming that they are "Wireless" enabled though.

[ Spoiler ]

Long sheet for my convinence.

[ Spoiler ]

20 Questions

David Bell 24 6'1'' Blond hair green eyes.

[ Spoiler ]
Slacker
Jengo will arrive at Club Penumbra wearing his typical Actioneer Business Clothes, sans tie. He will have his Slivergun with him and check it at the door if asked to. He will try to go in with his whip unless they specifically notice it. He will also have one flash-pak on him and a dose of Jazz. And he has his eyewear.
Slide
Did we ever figure out a way for jengo and katsu to know the group?
RelentlessImp
Well, at the very least we have Tinman to fall back on. Just hope he doesn't lead us down a yellow brick road.
Slide
I'm not too worried about him leading us wrong, but then again I hear he's heartless.
Raiden
Will post in ic later today. Tad busy. All your posts look so professional haha
RelentlessImp
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 19 2013, 10:54 AM) *
Will post in ic later today. Tad busy. All your posts look so professional haha

We're runners, chummer. We're semi-trained, quasi-professionals by definition.
Raiden
I've never put time date and location haha. I'll have a post tonight
Slide
QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 19 2013, 08:15 PM) *
I've never put time date and location haha. I'll have a post tonight

I was just following the format but i don't think that is a requirement. In fact i double checked the rules. biggrin.gif
Mister Juan
Sorry for the sudden silence. Got suddently busy but I should be in the clear tomorrow.
imperialus
QUOTE (Slide @ Jul 19 2013, 02:44 PM) *
I was just following the format but i don't think that is a requirement. In fact i double checked the rules. biggrin.gif

No, far from a rule, especially since I don't always follow it myself nyahnyah.gif. Generally I just put a time/date stamp up when there is a major scene change, or a lot of time passes or something.
RelentlessImp
Come on guys, let's not stall out before the meet~
Slacker
I believe we are just waiting for Mister Juan to post up how he arrives.
RelentlessImp
QUOTE (Slacker @ Jul 21 2013, 10:21 AM) *
I believe we are just waiting for Mister Juan to post up how he arrives.

Juan and Raiden both.
imperialus
Fingers crossed. If we haven't heard from them by monday PM I'll go ahead with the meet.
Mister Juan
Im really sorry i havent posted yet. I had to fill in this weekend for someone at work. I'll do my very best to have somrthing up tonight, tomorrow morning at the latest.
JonathanC
Bit Lee

[ Spoiler ]

While we're waiting, lets have some fun:

BIT LEE FACTS
Things you may have noticed during the short time that you've known her.

• If left unoccupied, she rapidly becomes bored. Bored Bit Lee is...trouble.
  • She never eats at Stuffer Shack, and will generally badmouth any food product from a known Aztechnology corp as "unhealthy"
  • Despite what you may think, she never browses the Matrix in AR while talking to you. She values your time. She promises.
  • She is determined to break into the top 1000 Miracle Shooter leaderboard, but inevitably chokes on ranked games.
  • Bit Lee is Chinese, not Korean or Japanese. She only lets this go once. The last time somebody made this mistake twice, she had to be forcibly removed from Gracie's for Ribs.
  • She routinely hacks vending machines for homeless people.
  • She is barely 5 feet tall, and is frequently hit on by dwarves of both genders.
  • She doesn't drive. Not because she can't score a fake license, but because nobody she knows will allow her behind the wheel.
  • She doesn't harbor any obvious metatype prejudices, but Night Ones give her "the willies"
imperialus
LOL I like the "Bit Lee Facts"

Glad you guys could make it. It gave me a bit more time to work on trying to find that fine line between making Tinman confusing to understand, but not totally incoherent.

PS, he sounds best if you read his lines out loud and in the best fake Russian accent you can muster. Sorta like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDiyTfWKxnQ

PPS: Oh, and the payment is to be split. It's not per runner.

PPPS: Cool. I'm a shooting target now.

Slide
I love me some FPS Russia. He's actually from Georgia (I think) the Russian bit is just a gimmick. Most Russians that I have met have a hard time putting in The and A into sentences. They have no equivalents to them.
JonathanC
Should we be handling knowledge rolls and stuff here in OOC?

I'd like to see what Bit Lee might know about the chemicals that this factory is supposed to be using, to see if she might have an idea of what they're manufacturing. Chemistry 3 + Logic 8 = 11

11d6.hits(5)=1

Secondly, after reconfiguring her deck for Data Processing, she'll do a matrix search for Green Earth Waste Disposal

Computer 3 + Intuition 4
7d6.hits(5)=0
6d6.hits(5)=2, 5d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 3d6.hits(5)=2, 2d6.hits(5)=1

I can't get more than 7 hits, so no point in going further...
imperialus
QUOTE (JonathanC @ Jul 22 2013, 09:29 PM) *
Should we be handling knowledge rolls and stuff here in OOC?

I'd like to see what Bit Lee might know about the chemicals that this factory is supposed to be using, to see if she might have an idea of what they're manufacturing. Chemistry 3 + Logic 8 = 11

11d6.hits(5)=1

Secondly, after reconfiguring her deck for Data Processing, she'll do a matrix search for Green Earth Waste Disposal

Computer 3 + Intuition 4
7d6.hits(5)=0
6d6.hits(5)=2, 5d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 3d6.hits(5)=2, 2d6.hits(5)=1

I can't get more than 7 hits, so no point in going further...

You can post rolls in the IC thread. Just sblock them.
Slide
QUOTE (imperialus @ Jul 23 2013, 03:22 PM) *
You can post rolls in the IC thread. Just sblock them.

so, that little spoiler that I put in as an aside, is appropriate?
imperialus
QUOTE (Slide @ Jul 23 2013, 10:13 AM) *
so, that little spoiler that I put in as an aside, is appropriate?

For sure.
Slide
BTW, assuming you want to keep the consistency with the way the days line up. It should be Wednesday July 18 2074

Calendar 2074
Slacker
Sorry for the delay. I was in Diversity training all day yesterday at work. Just now getting back online to check on the game. I'll post up something IC shortly along with a Negotiation roll to try to jack up the price, since I'm the Face of the group. smile.gif
Mister Juan
Well, everyone seems to be gelling pretty well togheter smile.gif I can already tell we've got some great characters here nyahnyah.gif

@Slide (and everyone else nyahnyah.gif)
I'm totaly with you on the surveillance thing, and Breaker would know from experience that George is going to suggest running surveillance on the target for some time. Considering they've done a lot of jobs togheter in the past, Breaker would know that George is the kind of guy who like to take his time when he can. His military background makes him prefer planning over improvisation, and he's the kind of guy who likes to plan for as many contingencies as possible nyahnyah.gif

Just so we save time (and I'll post all of this IC when the thread moves up a bit) George will suggest that we use Breaker's drones and get a few micro cameras we can fix on the surrounding buildings (rooftops, here's your time to shine Paws!) to survey the building. We should probably think about getting a temporary squat/low rent if not abandonned appartment in Redmond, near the target. This way, we can get comfortable with the neighborhood/surrounding area. And this is without even talking about Matrix and Astral recon. That isn't George's domain, and he'll leave it to the experts on the team wink.gif

Since we're probably going to have to physically infiltrate the place, we might want to think about the dangers we'll be facing. All that chemical/radioactive/toxic stuff is bad juju, so we'll probably have to stock up on geiger counters (RFID tags should be enough) and at least one chemical analyser thingy (if those still exist in SR5). Heck, George will even suggest we pack a few chemsuits in case things get REALLY nasty!

Depending on the kind of factory/installation we find ourselves into, we might also want to consider the sort of weapons we pack. If they store volatile chemicals on the premise, gunfire might be dangerous. So we should probably load up on Gel, Stick N Shock and maybe even Flechette (since they probably don't have the kinetic force to pierce containers and such). If need be, George has an in with the Metroplexe Guard, so he can probably provide access to ammo and weapons.

So yea... I think that for now, that's all I have to say nyahnyah.gif Sorry for the giant rant! I do that sometimes...
Slide
well, we need to decide how low impact we want to go on this. I see no real reason to be kicking down doors at this point. Customers should be easy. Vehicle registrations, and possibly looking through some dummy companies to figure out who's trashing what. If we aren't worried about tipping them off that some one is trying to figure out who owns the facility, we can just take the Grinder to the face of the plant manager. But I think we would be better off working on the employees. Hang out at their bars, go to their soccer games, just talk them up and see what they know, see how moral is. Are they hiring? Like I said if Breaker could get an interview there, he could probably tour the plant and get some good floor info in case we start kicking down doors.

Or another option is to work as a sub-contractor on the site. You know fixing some vehicle that happened to explode over night.... and you can't reach the dealership....

BTW Breaker doesn't own a gun, can't shoot one, and would probalby hurt himself if he did. Well... The drones are another thing....
Slacker
I think our best bet is to start with the drone surveillance. Does anybody have contacts/knowledge on the local gangs to that area?
RelentlessImp
Gang Identification roll for when the question comes up in character.
Gang Identification (1) + Intuition (3) (4d6.hits(5)=2)
JonathanC
Alright guys, I'm back....Shadowrun Returns briefly swallowed me whole.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (JonathanC @ Jul 26 2013, 10:50 PM) *

Same here wink.gif
Slide
Defiantly doing a play through right now biggrin.gif
Slide
Its actually really frustrating cause I keep seeing these bit characters in it that I would love to barrow for my game, but then realize that half of my team is playing it..... Stupid wanting to be original biggrin.gif
RelentlessImp
QUOTE (JonathanC @ Jul 26 2013, 08:50 PM) *

BUGS. FUCKING BUGS.

That is all.

(No, I don't consider it a spoiler, the foreshadowing is like 20 minutes in.)
imperialus
QUOTE (RelentlessImp @ Jul 27 2013, 01:54 PM) *
BUGS. FUCKING BUGS.

That is all.

(No, I don't consider it a spoiler, the foreshadowing is like 20 minutes in.)

But don't you want a better life? Why not just go to one of the meetings? They could unlock your true potential. love.gif vegm.gif
RelentlessImp
QUOTE (imperialus @ Jul 27 2013, 04:06 PM) *
But don't you want a better life? Why not just go to one of the meetings? They could unlock your true potential. love.gif vegm.gif

Things I wanted to do the moment I set foot in Universal Brotherhood, Seattle Chapter:

Find a way to get all of them together, cast Fireball 2 followed by Manaball 2 and pick off survivors with Flamethrower 2.
Slide
am I the only who's site went down for a couple of days for?
imperialus
nope, everyone went on the fritz.
JonathanC
Oh good, I wasn't able to post at all today, and I just got home from GM-ing Pathfinder for a few hours, so I'm kinda beat. I'll try to post tomorrow.
imperialus
QUOTE (JonathanC @ Jul 30 2013, 10:40 PM) *
Oh good, I wasn't able to post at all today, and I just got home from GM-ing Pathfinder for a few hours, so I'm kinda beat. I'll try to post tomorrow.

No worries. I'm at work all day and then have people coming over to play D&D later.

On a related note I finally got my Reaper mini's from the Kickstarter a year ago... My kitchen table has been taken over by tiny men, and it's awesome!
Slacker
QUOTE (imperialus @ Jul 31 2013, 07:20 AM) *
No worries. I'm at work all day and then have people coming over to play D&D later.

On a related note I finally got my Reaper mini's from the Kickstarter a year ago... My kitchen table has been taken over by tiny men, and it's awesome!

Oh yeah, I got my Reaper kickstarter minis in last month and they are fantastic.

Anyway, regarding this game. Does it look like the workers stay within the compound or are there any nearby bars/restaurants that they might frequent?
imperialus
QUOTE (Slacker @ Aug 1 2013, 09:19 AM) *
Oh yeah, I got my Reaper kickstarter minis in last month and they are fantastic.

Anyway, regarding this game. Does it look like the workers stay within the compound or are there any nearby bars/restaurants that they might frequent?

You had the facility under observation overnight. By the time morning hit and workers would be showing up your drones needed to be back in the rack recharging.

Just as an FYI I didn't see any connection/loyalty ratings for your contacts. I went with the assumption that Jimbo had a connection of around 2, but please correct me if I'm wrong. It's entirely possible that I'm just blind too.

Oh, and Jimbo is a great guy, but he is not good for any money you 'lend' him. If you were to give him the shirt off your back he'd pawn it, take the cash and bet it on the next spread. He has a bit of a gambling problem, and any time he has two nuyen to rub together he spends it on Urban Brawl.

*edit* er make that Combat Biking so his hobbies mesh with yours. If you feel so inspired you can make a knowlege roll to see if the Capital City Crushers actually have a hope in hell of edging out a win, nevermind 'dominating'.
Slide
He's 2/4 I'll fix my sheets in a few days

I'm out of town for a few days so my replies might be erratic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012