Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Confused about Astral initiative in SR5
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ruffio
As the title says, I'm a bit confused about how Astral Initiative in SR5 is determined.

Character Creation Chapter, p. 101: INT x 2 + 2d6
Initiative Attribute Chart, p. 159: INT x 2 + 2d6
Astral Attribute Table, p. 314: INT x 2 + 3d6

So, there are three tables telling something different, with a slight majority for +2d6 (which I tend to, too). Not to mention archetypes and NPCs with different Astral Initiative Dice (Occult investigator +2d6, Street Shaman +3d6, Corp Security Lieutenant +3d6).

Can anyone say what's right, +2d6 or +3d6? Is there any official statement? Thanks!

Regards
Ruffio
Draco18s
The first two are for meat initiative, Astral (and Matrix) initiative is typically a little higher.
Ruffio
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jul 21 2013, 10:38 PM) *
The first two are for meat initiative, Astral (and Matrix) initiative is typically a little higher.

Well, I am capable of differentiating between meat, astral and matrix initiative. The quoted passages all refer explicitly to Astral Initiative, hence my confusion regarding +2d6 vs. +3d6.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Ruffio @ Jul 21 2013, 04:34 PM) *
The quoted passages all refer explicitly to Astral Initiative, hence my confusion regarding +2d6 vs. +3d6.

Wasn't clear. I don't have the book, so I am unable to refer to the passages directly.
Falconer
My guess is it should be 3d6 for astral initiative. Basing that on 4th having 3 passes astral (+1d6 per pass is the general rule).

This is one for the Errata thread... point it out.

I'd say there's no way to divine intent here. (if it's an intentional change, typo, or editorial mistake).

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012