Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can a Remington Roomsweeper be silenced?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FuelDrop
Silencers cannot be used with Revolvers or Shotguns.
Remington Roomsweeper: This is really more of a
short-barreled shotgun than a pistol.

Yeah. What happens when these two meet?
Draco18s
I think by RAW it can take one. The rules don't describe it as either a revolver or a shotgun, do they?
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jul 22 2013, 08:50 AM) *
I think by RAW it can take one. The rules don't describe it as either a revolver or a shotgun, do they?

Not as far as I know...

Cool. that'll be fun smile.gif
Skynet
Don't know whey they excluded shotguns from using silencers. What happened to "silenced shotguns are unable to use flechette/shot-ammo"?
Shrike30
There have been so many variations on this theme for decades that I'm just ignoring the limitation. You can suppress shotguns. You can also suppress revolvers, tho it takes a lot of work and/or isn't as effective just due to how they lock up. Why Shadowrun people keep forgetting this and then reintroducing it with the inevitable GUNS 5.0 book is beyond me.
Erik Baird
There is at least one revolver that can be silenced without modification: the Nagant M1895.
Sendaz
Just curious, why the need to silence the roomsweeper in the first place? What did your GM talk you into doing this time? biggrin.gif
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Jul 22 2013, 10:44 PM) *
Just curious, why the need to silence the roomsweeper in the first place? What did your GM talk you into doing this time? biggrin.gif

My new character for 5th is a pistol expert. pays to be prepared.
Slide
After watching no country for old men as bad ass as it would be to have a silenced shotty.... Well.... Nope I got nothing. Enjoy this biggrin.gif

BAMF!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012