Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NSRCG questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Acenoid
Hi there!

I'm using the NSRCG char generator to maintain my SR3 character. It seems to work quite well and I'm really happy with it! Thanks to the author - though I'm sad that it no longer seems to be supported / updated?

Anyways, my question is how can i add credit sticks to the character banking button? When adding a creditstick as the program suggests, it is still not showing up. Is there a workaround or am i doing something wrong? Also I found the gear quite hard to maintain / work with. [solved - see reply #2 and #3]

Grateful for any advice smile.gif

//Acenoid
Acenoid
Hi there!

I think I found the reason for the trouble. The german translatio of the gear.dat was missing the 38 code for credsticks. I took the correct parts "format codes" from the english Gear.dat as well as the credit stick entries and translated and inserted it in the german one. Now it seems to work!

One other thing that would be nice to find out would be if the quantity of things in the "gear" can be updated easily. However I believe its not posisble due to the way adding things there works.
LordHaHa
Ah, NSRCG. I think I have a copy on all of my WinXP systems...

Well, if you did what the program asked you to do, you can get a stick by going to the Gear section and then going to Lifestyle. And then going to Credsticks and adding the one you want. It helps to have "RULES OFF" so that you can get the credstick for free, if its a "plot add". It should then show up in your Banking page, which can be accessed on the same page as your names and housing info. Of course it'll help if you have your character as "Existing" rather than "New".

If for some reason that doesn't work, you can always edit a NSRCG file with Notepad. Just open up the SR3 folder in the NSRCG directory. Then open up a blank Notepad instance and drag the file containing your character to the Notepad instance. It'll open up in there. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE WORD WRAP OFF BEFORE YOU GO ANY FURTHER.

Anyway. Find the [General] section, should be towards the top. Credsticks will be in there. They will look something like this...
CredStick1=Cert._Credstick[13]~Jim_Duggan_~13~0z~50890

The formatting is thus...

CredStick(the Nth credstick you have)=(type of credstick and Rating)~(name)~(stick rating, again)~(cost of stick?)~(money on stick)

So just mess around and make what ever stick you want from that template. For example, I would do this for the next stick...

CredStick2=Cert._Credstick[13]~Bill_Tarintino_~13~0z~100000

Gives me a second Certified Credstick made out to a "Bill Tarintino", with a Rating of 13 and with 100,000 nuyen on it.

If it doesn't save with THAT method, check to see if the file is set to "Read Only".

LordHaHa
LordHaHa
QUOTE (Acenoid @ Jul 31 2013, 09:35 PM) *
Hi there!

I think I found the reason for the trouble. The german translatio of the gear.dat was missing the 38 code for credsticks. I took the correct parts "format codes" from the english Gear.dat as well as the credit stick entries and translated and inserted it in the german one. Now it seems to work!

One other thing that would be nice to find out would be if the quantity of things in the "gear" can be updated easily. However I believe its not posisble due to the way adding things there works.

Eh, and I took all that time to write a long involved post about your situation. nyahnyah.gif

LordHaHa
Acenoid
Oh I'm sorry - not off to a get start here eh. I forgot to add a "solved" or something to the subject, so it would have been visible better. I will do that now if the forum allows me to do it. Thank you for the time spent on the post! It is appreciated and I read it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012