Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silver-wear
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shortstraw
Shinies
Draco18s
Neat
Sendaz
Interesting but how are they getting around the possible Argyria issues?

Not that seeing people go smurf isn't amusing. nyahnyah.gif
DamHawke
So...does that mean future heavy tech users will be labeled greyskins? nyahnyah.gif
CanRay
Wait, there's a legitimate reason for the silver underwear from the Serials era of science-fiction???
Sendaz
Depends biggrin.gif
RHat
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Jul 31 2013, 08:50 AM) *
Interesting but how are they getting around the possible Argyria issues?

Not that seeing people go smurf isn't amusing. nyahnyah.gif

As long as there's a layer of fabric between the circuit and the skin, I should think that wouldn't be an issue.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Aug 1 2013, 01:20 AM) *
Depends biggrin.gif

if you're old.
Sendaz
QUOTE (RHat @ Jul 31 2013, 07:25 PM) *
As long as there's a layer of fabric between the circuit and the skin, I should think that wouldn't be an issue.

Ideally no, but that also means they remember to make that extra layer. Cheap china knockoffs down the road might not adhere to same standards.

Plus its nanoparticles, I will be interested to see how durable it is and what wears off and ends up embedding into the garment and skin over long term use.

Plus they are talking about using this process in wound dressings, face masks and other medical applications so I suspect there will be plenty of skin contact with some of these.

I did like the pictures of the coated cotton cloth carrying a charge to light up a LED.

Do not get me wrong, it is a good step forward and will want to see what wireless bonus we can get with it. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 31 2013, 07:25 PM) *
if you're old.

Adding Silvered Underoos to the SeniorRun™ Walkers Companion Sourcebook.
CanRay
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Jul 31 2013, 06:34 PM) *
Adding Silvered Underoos to the SeniorRun™ Walkers Companion Sourcebook.
I think I'm supposed to write the Deckers chapter for that, from Bull's point of view. nyahnyah.gif
Sendaz
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 31 2013, 08:51 PM) *
I think I'm supposed to write the Deckers chapter for that, from Bull's point of view. nyahnyah.gif
Can see it now

*shakes cane* GET OFF MY LAN!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012