Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mystic Adept questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CitM
Hi folks, I have some questions related to MA and I guess this has been discussed several times but have not found some related topic via searchfunction so here they come;

- Are MA capable of using Qi-Foki?

- Do they get new powerpoints when raising their magic-attribute?

- Are they allowed to use metamagic that are assigned to adepts?

Thank you for reply.
Raiden
QUOTE (CitM @ Jul 31 2013, 12:22 PM) *
Hi folks, I have some questions related to MA and I guess this has been discussed several times but have not found some related topic via searchfunction so here they come;

Thank you for reply.

yes yes and yes.
Raiden
QUOTE (CitM @ Jul 31 2013, 12:22 PM) *

Thank you for reply.

yes yes and yes.
CitM
Then i think MA are pretty much broken, but that are just my two pence.

Anyway, thanks for that fast reply.
Moirdryd
word is the errata is upping the cost of their PP at chargen and there might be other limiting factors on them too.
CitM
QUOTE (Moirdryd @ Jul 31 2013, 07:41 PM) *
word is the errata is upping the cost of their PP at chargen and there might be other limiting factors on them too.

Is there a date thats targeted for errata-release?
ElFenrir
The Karma cost for powers was supposed to be 5 Karma instead of 2, I know that much. That makes it a bit better, and they can only have Powers up to their magic rating. (Plus, to get a 6 rating, they need to have high priority for Magic and be a human or a Metahuman with a high priority as well.) I personally don't find them that bad with the 5 point cost. Edit: Thinking again, if they took another nerf, I'd not up the cost of their Power Points, but perhaps treat them one Priority lower IRT spells they get, maybe. So a Prio A Mystic Adept would get 7 spells instead of 10. That could also help(given that Spells are 5 Karma a pop as well.) Maybe also just 1 Magical Skill(Adepts only get 1 Active Skill, after all.) So they can still be awesome(MAs suffered the other way for far too long), but cuts out *just a little*.
bonehead
QUOTE (CitM @ Jul 31 2013, 01:55 PM) *
Is there a date thats targeted for errata-release?

Not specifically. Somewhere, I think Bull (SR Missions guy) mentioned that they would like to get a Hotpatch Errata out before Gen Con for big things like Mystic Adept Power Point cost, missing Autosoft costs, etc. Full errata won't be out until after Gen Con because until then everything is focused on the convention.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012