Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pet names.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CoalHeart

What are the pet names of your pets, running partners, and favorite weapons?

My character has a pit bull who's full name is Therapy.

one of his running partner is called Bunny... He's a troll who got drunk one session, passed out woke the next day with a bunny tattoeed to his forehead. He used to be called Gravel Pit.

Favorite weapon is a modified Ares Predator 3 with the inscription, "Asprin"
Best cure for a headache wink.gif
Kagetenshi
I had a character with a sporting rifle on which was engraved "The Best Defense Against Magic". There was also a sniper rifle with "Ultima Ratio Regum" engraved on it.

~J
Kanada Ten
I named my electric shaver Testsiga :P

I have an NPC who named her rifle Paycheck and an Ancient who (secretly) calls his bike Ania in honor of his fallen sister,
A Clockwork Lime
I'm playing a satyr named Ol' Scratch at the moment who has a Remington Roomsweeper-equivalent pistol with "The Compensator" engraved along the barrels. He also has a huge-ass shotgun with an extended barrel with "The OVERcompensator" on it.

It was humorous when I came up with it.
Lindt
I just had Noah the rigger with 'The Ark', your typical runner-armed-to-the-teeth black van. Again, more humorous back then...
GreatChicken
The current PC i'm constructing is a.....chicken. (Dwarf Cosmetic Mod) He is a drone rigger named is Samuel Crowe.

That's beside the point, tho. The 'pet' he has is an intelligent, wisecracking robotic parrot (Generic Surveillance Drone mod) that can transform into his primary weapon (Shotgun mod). It's called the Multirole Airborne X-tector (M.A.X)...or simply, Max.

And we have a Shadowrun variant of Steve Purcell's Sam & Max. Well, not the same morphs but still.... biggrin.gif
John Campbell
I've got a blackberry kitten that I call Kottr living in my flat. I'm working on a weapon focus/Frost Aura anchor battleaxe that I intend to name Kaldrjarn. The PC is question is a Scandinavian dwarf; the names are Old Norse.

The rigger in that group named all her vehicles and drones. She was Reverend Speed. The miniblimp she used for overwatch was named God, and had an MMG mounted on it to strike down her foes with bolts from the heavens. The Rolls Prairiecat was Jesus, because it was amphibious and could drive on water. She had a wheeled drone named Moses and a couple of VTA drones called Gabriel and Raphael.
D.Generate
If I ever get a chance to be a player again I want ot make a guy loosly based on the Boondocks Saints.

He'll have 2 pistols which will be named "Rapture" and "Forgivness"

He'll probably be an Adept that believes his powers are granted by God himself, to be his punishing angel on earth.

Other than that Can't really think of anything thing else off hand as most of my groups nick/pet names for each other happen to be things like "dumbass" and "fucktard" but its tough love since they all work together nicely.
AOTD3025
Lessee . . .

I have an NPC Combat Decker by the name of Rika Yuki. Her icon happens to be Rika from Phantasy Star 4 (and has the knowledge skill of Old-School Video Games no less). She's got a Savelette Guardian that's been blued and has engraved into it the phrase "7th Heaven".

The Shadowrun group I used to play with actually had some serious fun with naming and customizing their guns in-game. I wish I could remember what one of them did, 'cause it was a great Latin phrase out of a book.
I Eat Time
My character is a Human Looking Ghoul whose PCs have referred to him many, many times, simply by the phrase, "He EATS PEOPLE!"

Gun-psycho Dwarf a few campaigns back (pre LotR movies, for extra kudos) referred to his guns in a smarmy, seething "My presccciooousssss".

Not to mention the infamous Grizzly Grunion ( ^5 ) and the Great Stuntie Puntie.

I have a custom shotgun this game with lots of power built into it, burstfire of course. Anyone have any suggestions on what to call it?
Mimick
Talis-cat named Tigger. -shrug-
Tziluthi
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
There was also a sniper rifle with "Ultima Ratio Regum" engraved on it.

You've read Snow Crash too, huh? smile.gif
Catsnightmare
Our current rigger has named his Bison and his Bulldog van, The Bull, and Mutt respectively.

My old rigger char reffered to his various drones by nicknames.
Hummingbirds = his three silent running micro spy rotodrones.
The Hellcat = Steel Lynx with MMG and missile launcher
The Finger = Condor with a loads of sensors, FDDS, and a turret with a separate targeting spotter that could target near anything on the ground from any altitutde.
The Hornet = modified rotodrone with an Ares Alpha in a turret.
The Vindicator = A Winjana jet drone with a Vindicator mini-gun and missiles.

And my mildly excentric Sorcorer char who kept fancy rats as pets, they were named after all my previous RL pet rodents. Dusty, Rio, Lunchbox, Popcorn, Genki, Skitters, Dig-Dug, Possum, and Rex.
Kagetenshi
Yes, I have, but that's not where I got it from. Was it quoted in Snow Crash? I didn't remember...

~J
Abstruse
QUOTE (I Eat Time)
I have a custom shotgun this game with lots of power built into it, burstfire of course. Anyone have any suggestions on what to call it?

Sounds like a friend who had carved into his Defiance "The Silencer" because it shut people the fuck up.

The Abstruse One
toturi
Had a PC with a Aramis (3 Musketeers) fixation who named his Pred 3 "the Pen". He had a running feud with the melee adept a la Gimli and Legolas. When his body count is higher, he would say,"Truly, the Pen is mightier than the sword."

I had a PC who was a former priest (played by a real Doctor of Divinity student) who had his Heritage line suit modeled after medieval Catholic robes... he was always clad in the Armour of Faith.
draco aardvark
My charictor called himself "Wolf", but after finding out that work at the post office and that I brought 30kg C4 with me on the run I've been called "Postal" ever after.

I'm more attached to the bombs than the guns, but they keep disapearing. Maybe I'll name the detonator...
Drain Brain
One of my old players habitually gave EVERY CHARACTER he played a pet rock, which he named PETER.

EVERY TIME!!

He actually had a small rock which he would place on the table and speak to. It had a face carved into it and everything.

Man, was he weird... All I can hear in my head right now is "Pee-err Raak" - the best textual phonetic approximation of the odd West-Country accent in which he always used to speak that name. Like a mantra. Whooooo....
Tziluthi
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Yes, I have, but that's not where I got it from. Was it quoted in Snow Crash? I didn't remember...

Yeah, it was in the user's manual for Reason.

Something which Blackjack had in one of his rants on the Shadowrun Archive was a gun with the phrase "With this bullet I thee wed" written down the side of it. I found that particularly funny.
Swing Kid
I named my Attack Program Count Basie and my Validate Program Dirty Boogie.
John Campbell
QUOTE (draco aardvark)
My charictor called himself "Wolf", but after finding out that work at the post office and that I brought 30kg C4 with me on the run I've been called "Postal" ever after.

Now that's a proper street name.
Arethusa
QUOTE (Tziluthi @ Apr 29 2004, 07:10 AM)
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Apr 29 2004, 12:34 AM)
There was also a sniper rifle with "Ultima Ratio Regum" engraved on it.

You've read Snow Crash too, huh? smile.gif

Just thought I'd note that king Louis XIV of France had this engraved on his cannons, which is where the phrase originates.
Kagetenshi
Yep smile.gif

~J
Gem the Troll
Played a dwarf a while back who had a fully cutom SMG...nothing stock (I just wanted to see what I could do with canon, and bought it). The thing was chromed, personalized grip, biometric safety, the works... That was one "Wiz Bang."
Voran
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
... and an Ancient who (secretly) calls his bike Ania in honor of his fallen sister,

Well, if one were in the habit of straddling and riding one's sister on a regular basis, they'd probably want to keep that secret smile.gif

badum bum
DeadNeon
One of my players plays a troll. A big, cybered, mean looking, big gun sporting, tough troll. The kind who when you see him, you want to cross the street just to avoid him.

The other characters in his crew often refer to him as "buttercup" or "snuggle-kins"
Phaeton
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Yep smile.gif

~J

I thought the Ultima Regio Ratum(?) rifle was from the Ghost in the Shell movie...
Arethusa
Ahem. I'm pretty sure Louis XIV came before Ghost in the Shell.
Kagetenshi
You never can tell…

~J
Hasaku
Yeah, the rigged sniper rifles were also named that. AK404's anime gun conversion list has a SR version of it. I don't recall the specific benefits of rigging it over a SL and tripod mounted rifle, off hand.

Edit: Ah, got it. With a datajack it can be fired in Full Sensing mode, which uses the rules for sensor enhanced gunnery. A specialized drone program will do the aiming for you and release firing control when the TN is 2, which can be overridden if you need to shoot sooner.
Kagetenshi
Flavor benefits, probably, and possibly extended range (at least that's what I'd give it). But yeah, I did see that gun in his Anime Weapons supplement.

~J
cykotek
My sniper jokingly named his rifle (a custom H&K job) 'AT&T', for when you want to reach out and touch someone.

He also referred to his customary far away position and shooting skills as 'never having to say you're sorry'.
mfb
i've got a Warhawk scribed with "ultima ratio manus". at the time, i thought i was a pretty clever play on the original line, given the fact that Warhawks and other large pistols are referred to as hand cannons.
northern lights
i've named pistols maelstrom with orichalcum engraving (to be used as a pistol whipping focus) and tempest. both 10m base with melee hardening. obscenely expensive at around 5k

my current character has a shotgun named teething puppy cause it chews up rocks and spits them out. (it is meant to go after spirits and uses stone instead of lead shot for the flechette rounds.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012